UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Prep for South Lakes Classic and NABBA NW

9K views 106 replies 18 participants last post by  FATBOY 
#1 ·
Well after nearly nine months of being back on the site its time for my contest prep to begin. The diet will commence on Monday 25th January which is fifteen weeks before the South Lakes Classic and 16 weeks before the NABBA North West. I will be entering the novice classes in both shows having competed as a first timer 4 years ago.

This time around i have Pscarb prepping me which im looking forward to as i'm sure i'll learn alot. Also the major difference this time round for my prep is the fact that i'm a dad, so my biggest concern during prep is to keep the affect on my family life to an absolute minimum. Although i am blessed that my partner is amazingly supportive and i'd be lost without her to drag me through this. :)

Also a big thanks to my good friend Stan Dewhurst of Flexappeal Gym Barrow http://www.flexappealgym.net/15.html who even though i havent worked for him for years now still allows me to train for free whenever i like and always kept a watchful eye on me during my past diets. Without his support id be stuffed. Im hoping we see his 28inch waist back on a masters stage this year :thumb:

Over the next few days i will take some pics and reveal the immense gut I am now carrying and post a starting weight i reckon i'll have around 4 stone to lose but i'll easily drop 12lbs or so in fluid over first week as I always do.

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers guys, you three have been a great help over the last few months and im glad your here to watch my back through this.

Just completed my 2nd to last crappy food fuelled workout did back it wasnt anything spectacular so i wont bore you with the details. Everything is in place now for prep to kick into gear. Only just realised my b-day falls a week into prep lucky me! Got weighed this morning

17st 9lbs! Uh oh Guestimating around 4st 5lbs to come off!!

Bit higher than i had been fooling myself it was but not going to let that change anything. Pics tomorrow or sat. Final "off season" workout tomorrow chest biceps and hams. Well i had to do chest and biceps before i took any pics so at least i look likeive got a little muscle under this blubber due to FST7 induced pump.

#9 ·
Well last night at work was a nightmare, getting mjor pumps in my lower back just from carrying the equiptment. So today i'm cleaning things up and starting cardio. Just attempted walking on the treadmill and the pump in my shins was unbearable so only managed 15mins then 15 mins on the bike and the pump in my quads after that was shocking. So i'm having a final cheat meal with the mrs as its our friday with no kids tonight only happens once a fortnight. But other than that and my pwo shake there will be no carbs today. I will complete my 45mins cardio pre workout later and do 45 mins sat and sun. Eating clean too so the water retention will subside enough that cardio will not be an issue come ready to start Pscarbs plan.

Will take some photos later and try and upload them via the gym computer as ive somehow managed to get a virus on my laptop?

Other than that i will post using my blackberry. Bring on the torture :)

#12 ·
Well just finished a chest and biceps workout I preceeded this with 20 mins cardio to complete my 45 mins for today. The pumps were nowhere near as severe as this mornings session. Eating has been good today am sharing an asda pizza with the mrs tonight then that's me done.

Incline Smith Press 2 x 15 reps 40kgs, 15 reps 80kgs, 8 reps 140 kgs

Bench Press machine 3 x 12-15 reps

FST7 Cable Crossovers

FST7 Preacher Curl Machine

3 x 8-10 alt db curls

Decent session gym was packed atmosphere was great. Have taken some starting pics will post tomorrow on gym computer as I'm posting this on my phone.

#14 ·
Well hilly the pizza was nothing special mate only ate 3 slices.

Well here goes, as promised pictures of the gut and starting point for this diet.

Its only when you take photos you realise just how fat you are! Well it is for me anyway but im not fussed i know 100% i'll get in shape and am looking forward to the challenge :)

post-3481-14361414585_thumb.jpg

post-3481-143614145871_thumb.jpg

post-3481-143614145874_thumb.jpg

Attachments

#19 ·
Flex Factor said:
I was expecting fatter mate the way you were going on.... :thumbup1:

Traps look huge in second pic mate and overall you're looking very thick (no pun intended).

In your first comp did anyone run through posing routines and best practice or did you wing it?
My mate from gym Stan Dewhurst who i thanked in first post mate is a top class poser very entertaining and he helps all his members with their posing routines. Ive got two left feet mate so i needed all the help i can get on that front :rolleyes:

#22 ·
just had a read through yer posts...am gonna keep watching this....will be good to see the difference between now and May 9th. Are you going to post your pre-contest diet?

I have been asked to do guest spot at Lakes Classic, so come and say hi...and shout loud for me...am Sh1tting myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.