Sign in to follow this  
miles2345

Miles' 2009 Journal

I think your diet lacks of variation. You should include more possible sources of carbohydrates, protein and fats. By doing that you body will have fully nutritional coverage necessary for recovery and growth - essence of successful bodybuilder.

here is a pic you can kinda see what i mean, this was at 18 6 week diet started when i had the first measurements read, with the trusty socks of course!!

Thats not looking to bad bro', infact good for that weight, damn, depicts you better than the 1st pic on your show prep thread, which was the one id been referring to mate. I cant get anywhere near that weight....

calipers i know they arent great but they came out at 12,8%, i wasnt particularly fat but i just hold a lot of water weight cos of the high carbs.

This is happening to me now after the Notts finals. I just starting to see the water dissipate a bit as ive put on around 21lbs since the show. There a huge difference in look from AM to PM due to my carb intake at present. In the mornings i appear fairly lean and still abit vascular, but by bed time i have a definate blubber ring on my lower abs,lol.

I was never big on carbs, still not really, i would uually have my protein and then what ever carbs suited me...not alot too. However at the moment ive almost halved my protein intake to 35g/meal and now having 50g carbs/meal, with 20g fats/meal. The idea behind this is just to give my kidneys a rest from the high protein intake ive done forever and also the ammount of CEE i was usng as my bloods have showing my creatinine levels were HIGH and as such suggested my kidneys were under strain. I am however aware ( Think it was a Dr Benaldi article ) that we are different and taking creatine creates a creatinine pool and the bloods reading would pick that up as opposed to what is circulating n the blood and ' maybe ' cause problems.... Just a bit of caution....

Oops i digressed... Keep it up mate and we may get it together onstage one day....if my wife lets me compete again....lol....:whistling:

Slamming on some size for next yr then miles,nice one buddy,sorry i never said hello at the finals.Hope all is well,,stick with it and get out there next yr again buddy!!talk to u soon

in the middle of a few really busy week at uni, training is going well and my weaker parts are really feeling stronger when I'm training them, the shape in my cales is slowly starting to show through but unlike the last 2 years I really enjoy training them as I can feel them improving each week and train them as soon as they feel ok.

I was lucky enough to get invited to join ISO 2 niutrition this week which will really help me out on my student budget!!

I trained arms today, and I cant help thinking that i took prioritising my training a bit far last years as I feel my arms have fallen back a little, i cdont feel as strong and I think I have a few body prts that have over taken them now so I am going to try and sort them out again!

I had one shoulder session last week just to keep them ticking over, my delts are bizarre dont train them for 2 months then train em once and they look like they grow overnight!!!

Had a worring day today was up at A and E, dragging some pr**k down the stairs at work and some silly fat tart fell on my leg in the melee sideways on outside of my knee with my leg straight, hurt my lateral co-lateral ligament, hopefully it will die down over the next week so wont be training legs for a good week or 2! I am glad its not worse though as I have had much lesser things dislocate my bad knee in the past, luckily this WAS my good knee but doesnt feel too hot at the moment, pi55ed off though as I am really enjoying legs at the moment

Had a worring day today was up at A and E, dragging some pr**k down the stairs at work and some silly fat tart fell on my leg in the melee sideways on outside of my knee with my leg straight, hurt my lateral co-lateral ligament, hopefully it will die down over the next week so wont be training legs for a good week or 2! I am glad its not worse though as I have had much lesser things dislocate my bad knee in the past, luckily this WAS my good knee but doesnt feel too hot at the moment, pi55ed off though as I am really enjoying legs at the moment

Hey miles hows the leg?

Thought it was time to join in and start posting instead of watching from the sideline.

hi mate, lost charger to the only phone i got ur number on!! be down tomo so will pop in bout lunch time. Its ok now the rest did the job gonna give it a light sesh this week and then get into it properly again next week. So oi'll see if it still feels ok training!

Been writing a 3000 word assignment over the last week so training has been out the window anyway but i finish uni next tuesday for a month so will be back on track before i start me course in january

Trained legs took it easy and the knee felt fine... touch wood. Finding it hard at the mo being off the gear, got niggly little shoulder pains and joints are starting to ache especially with the weather. Deca and testex are calling to me in the night, i'm sure it wouldnt hurt but i'm trying to hold out til January...... the 1st!!! I am still pretty lean, i'm bout 16 10 and I cant remember being so light but I dont look it really, I really hope i'll get some good gains in Jan, Ive been training really hard but I notice a real change in my overall training when I cant hammer my legs, I dont know why.

7 days till i break up for a month over christmas, eat everyhting and train like fcuk, and set myself up for a my course.

Bet you cant wait you sound like me i have been dieing to go back on and ended up going back on cycle early i dont have ure discipline lol. Have you decided what you will be running yet mate and are you competing next year?

i'm not doing a qualifier til 2010 at the earliest I want to give myself a chance at the evening show when I qualify. but i will diet over the summer just to get it all out in the sun!! Hopefully my gym will run a show so me and my mates can have a little comp, just dsomething small to aim for rather than dieting to hit a certain bf%age with nothing to show for it at the end. Its quite smart really its a big gym and if you win you get your picture put on the ceiling in black and white bigger than life size. I know it sounds corny but you'd appreciate it if you trained there. Not to mention its tough competition its an open class but if the three of us compete it there are 3 people who have all won qualifiers in the past with NABBA and UKBFF. The show has also been run as a charity even before and raised quite a bit.

I think I'll run deca and testex, still with the gh, but will run it past Stu next week, joints just feel like sh!t and it might be worth while to make the most of the next 4 weeks when i can nail diet and training before my teaching practice

Update, cos of the ops i have had on my knee and wrist, I am getting to the point where they are effecting my training especially with it being so cold, so Stu said I might as well start my course with some Deca in it.

Its going to be a 15 week course broke into 3 blocks of 5, so for the first block

I'm doing

6oomg deca p/w

4ml t350

dianabol 5x 10mg / day

8iu gh (4am, 4pm)

on back legs and arms days, 8iu slin (4am, 4 post training)

going for 400-450g carbs a day,

going to make sure I stick with my creatine, (BSN Nitrix as I got good results last time), glutamine am and post training and aminos, am and ppost training

Weighing 17 3 at the mo so the road to size starts now, well d bol start now, i'll try and wait til monday for first shot!!

Roughly between 4400 and 4800, all from clean food, oats, sweet pot, recovery drink, protein, carb mix, peanut butter, not including veg, and assuming the majority of carbs will be oats, seems a lot!!

It struck me today that with everything that i doo ask advice with, i have never asked advice on how often to train and types of training for optimum growth. I do quite a lot of sets per body part but I know what I did obviously worked well for me last yer, but over the next 2 years I really need to step it up.

I currently train 2 days on 1 off

chest (lat raises at the end, not hammering delts so arms catch up)

legs

off

back

arms

You read Flex and other mags and there are so many training types that are 'best for mass' but looking for advice from experienced advanced trainers, what is your experience?

hi miles enjoying reading the thread. have you though about dropping your volume and going hor a more hit routine as your suffering with your joints a bit so your not putting as much stress on them with lots of sets. Might do you good if you've been a volume guy too???

I mean like what dorian did one all out set to failure like what dorian did followed by a forced rep or 2. example routine would be:

chest and biceps

incline press dbell press x1

incline barbell/machine press x1

incline fly x1

machine press x1

barbell curls x1

incline dumbell curls x1

hammer curl x1

legs

leg extensions x1

leg press x1

squat x1

stiff deads x1

lying leg curls x1

seated/standing leg curl x1

seated calve raises x1

standing calve raises x 1

shoulders and triceps

dumbell pressx1

side lat raises x 1

cable lat raises x1

dumbell shrugs x1

barbell/machine shrugs x1

skullsx1

dipsx1

pushdowns x1

back

rev grip pulldowns either machine or cable pulley x1

bent rows x1

pulldowns x1

cable row x1

rack deads x1

hypers x1

bent lat raises x1

rev pec deck x1

lots online about it look up dorian john hodgson erny taylor mike mentzer ect. If you've always been doing volume work it will provide a nice change in stimulus for you.

Guest Con

hi miles enjoying reading the thread. have you though about dropping your volume and going hor a more hit routine as your suffering with your joints a bit so your not putting as much stress on them with lots of sets. Might do you good if you've been a volume guy too???

I dont know about that mate, i used to do high volume and never had any problems with joints but now doing the heavy duty training for the past two years i deffo have a few more pains and stuff......it really depends on the person to what kind of training they best get on with.

Nice to see you posting on here Miles.

Do you recover easly from your courses?

How is Scott doing these days?