Sign in to follow this  
miles2345

Miles' 2009 Journal

ORIGINALLY MILES' OFF SEASON JOURNAL, NOW MILES' 2009 JOURNAL TO RUN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR

So after I have had a chance to get back to normal and look back over the last year, I am hugely motivated to make 2008/9 my most productive 12 months in developing my physique. The competition in Wales made me realise that I am closer than I originally thought to having some success at intermediate level and I hope with the same level of effort that I put into the last 12 months and the extra knowledge I have about diet, training and my own body that by 2011 I will be able to compete in a qualifier, qualify and not be out of place at the final.

Currently I am eating clean, I ran a small rebound of tren ace and proprionate for 4 weeks and I am currently doing a 4 week pct. During my diet I stumbled across a lot of training methods that seemed to work for me and I feel I am making good gains using them with a full diet. 20 reps on legs being the main one for me really, and keeping rest time down on my lats.

My biggest goals are to develop my calves and my triceps, and for a while I am laying of intense shoulder work as they over power my arms and it will also allow me to recover from some niggling little shoulder pains.

I have started traning calves 2-3 times a weeks and after a period of traning high volume and reps I have built up a lot more strength that is now allowing me to hit my calves a lot heavier and I have noticed a significant chang in the last month. For triceps I am doing weighted dips as the centre of my training and that too feels like it is going to be the way forward over the next year, after having my wrist operated on I am unable to do close grip bench press so I am a little limited in compound exercises for triceps.

At the end of next week I am going to see Stuart to set out a plan for the year, so I know exactly when my courses start and finish, how many there will be, when I start to diet etc etc, so that I have a structured plan to follow. I am staying off steroids until january at the soonest but I am running at least 8ius of Hygetropin every day starting this week for the next 12 months, if I am happy that I am improving in January I may leave it until february before I start a course. Obviously I have to play it by ear but that is the plan, I have had a long time with no break so I want to give my body a real chance to recover (i'd also like a few months of chucking out a decent load!!). The general plan is to diet down but not do a qualifier, just get to 4% bf then get the rebound and repeat the year, however occasionally my gym does a little show which I might do just so I have a reason to diet.

With regards to my diet, I do not want to go as crazy on carbs as I did at the end of my bulking this year, I am currently hitting aroung450-500g carbs as my weight isn't as high as usual and 300-350g protein. I am also taking oil supplements to get the balance and try to blend peanuts in with my shakes.

I currently weigh 232lbs but i think my bf is probably still only about 8%tops, legs are still vascular, abs still all through and my back is still tight.

My current training split is a 2day on 1 day off 4 day rolling split,

DAY 1 . CHEST (SHOULDERS)

VERTICAL CHEST PRESS

INCLINE BENCH

NEUTRAL GRIP CHEST PRESS

CABLE CROSSOVERS

PEC DEC

PRESS UPS

LAT RAISES

DAY 2 BACK AND HAMS

TBAR ROWS (WIDE)

CLOSE GRIP ROWS

SEATED ROW

CLOSE GRIP PULL DOWN

STIFF LEG DEADS

HAM CURLS

DAY 3 ARMS

BARBELL CURLS

CLOSE GRIP EZ CURLS

REVERSE GRIP EZ CURLS SUPERSET WITH DB HAMMER CURLS

WEIGHTED DIPS

CLOSE GRIP PUSHDOWNS

BENT OVER, OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS

KICK BACKS

DAY 4 QUADS

LEG EXTENSIONS 20S

LEG CURLS

LEG PRESS 20S

HACK SQUATS 15-20

SLOW EXTENSIONS 4X 12

calves and abs trained when it feels like they are ok to train

This wont be a journal that I update every day telling everyone how many sets I have done of every exercise but will hopefully just note down significant things over the next 12-24 months, I'll be in this one for the long haul so I hope evryone enjoys following it.

Edited by miles2345

Guest PompyMan

Miles I learnt a lot from your last journal and hope to learn even more in this one.

Good luck with your goals If I were a betting man I would wager that you will exceed you own expectations in the next year or two.

Miles, do you find doing higher reps with minimal rest better for building your legs??

yep, rest period isnt ridiculously small but shorter than what is comfortable, i started doing it during my prep and my quads were developing whilst i was dieting and that wasnt just my condition coming in

Miles I learnt a lot from your last journal and hope to learn even more in this one.

Good luck with your goals If I were a betting man I would wager that you will exceed you own expectations in the next year or two.

cheers mate, well i hope it proves to be an interesting read and I hope that the gains keep coming over the next 18 months or so, just hope to keep my motivation as sky high as it currently is

i dont even veiw 6 1 - 2 as that tall but i know what you mean, i have longer ankles!!!

scott is into photography now and i dont think he truely has any great intention of returning to bbing but he did flirt with the idea after my prep and show, but we all do after watching someone we know compete, if he does his heart wont ever be in it enough to compete in my opinion, but then I know him better than most

I tained arms today and felt really lethargic just felt like I had nothing in the tank. Really bizzare, everyone around me is ill a the moment and I haven't caught anything. I never get ill and catch what other people get but maybe its just affecting me slightly

Guest Waheed_Akhtar

Miles I know you posted your food values, but do you have a typical days offseason diet you could post, be interested to see? Many thanks

i'm only 22, 18.5 off season last year

No disrespect mate, as you looked tremendous in the post show photos.BUT....I hope im not speaking out of turn here but i wouldnt go as far out as you did last year mate. Appreciate you made some good gains but i feel you could of made the same gains by staying closer to comp weight or atleast not bulking like that.

I'll apologise now if you feel offended by that Miles:beer:

no not at all i went up to nearly 13% fat and I know it was too high, i would aim to be a similar weigh but no higher than 10%. I was very controlled around my rebound and I am still lean. I went up to 700g carbs and I dont think i'll go much over 500g this time, but i'll have to wait and see. Although i did put on a bit too much fat I also grew more than ever during that period so its part of my learning curve finding the right amount for me.

I am currently eating something like this...

8-150g oats 2x whey and handful of peanuts

10-same without peanuts

12-300g pot 250g chicken

2-same

4- 100g oats and whey

5-banana and protein

train

build and recover

whatever i feel like for dinner

and before bed peanut butter and whey

Guest Con

i'm only 22, 18.5 off season last year

Didnt realise we are the same age i always thought you were a bit of an old fogie compared to me:lol:

Liking the thread:thumb:

no not at all i went up to nearly 13% fat and I know it was too high, i would aim to be a similar weigh but no higher than 10%. I was very controlled around my rebound and I am still lean. I went up to 700g carbs and I dont think i'll go much over 500g this time, but i'll have to wait and see. Although i did put on a bit too much fat I also grew more than ever during that period so its part of my learning curve finding the right amount for me.

I am currently eating something like this...

8-150g oats 2x whey and handful of peanuts

10-same without peanuts

12-300g pot 250g chicken

2-same

4- 100g oats and whey

5-banana and protein

train

build and recover

whatever i feel like for dinner

and before bed peanut butter and whey

Miles, did you have it measured to come up withthe figure 13% as in reality bud thats not that high off season

here is a pic you can kinda see what i mean, this was at 18 6 week diet started when i had the first measurements read, with the trusty socks of course!!

post-14780-143614055716_thumb.jpg