Sign in to follow this  
AnimalLifter

Rest Repeat

Resting is important... But so is genetics.

How long do you rest after a heavy session? .. 1 day or 2?... No rest days until weekend?

i used to do it everyday, now i have a rest day after a session.. 2 rest days if it was naughty.

would 2 heavy days and 1 rest day be worse? .. prob, you'd repair less and be starving.

4 hours ago, AnimalLifter said:

Resting is important... But so is genetics.

How long do you rest after a heavy session? .. 1 day or 2?... No rest days until weekend?

i used to do it everyday, now i have a rest day after a session.. 2 rest days if it was naughty.

would 2 heavy days and 1 rest day be worse? .. prob, you'd repair less and be starving.

Just listen to that Body Bro, I usually take a rest day after a Compound day (Deadlifts/Squats) although this week I've felt good so did 6 days in a Row, I'm meant to go this morning but may have today off too, that will make 3 days in a row off, zero sh1ts given, I'll go in the Morning. 

11 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Just listen to that Body Bro, I usually take a rest day after a Compound day (Deadlifts/Squats) although this week I've felt good so did 6 days in a Row, I'm meant to go this morning but may have today off too, that will make 3 days in a row off, zero sh1ts given, I'll go in the Morning. 

This makes no sense. Nine day week - ya spesh brah! (You da fiff beatle?)

56 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Wut?! 

Don't think of it as days/weeks, just go by your body, what in that says anything about a 9 day week? 

12 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Wut?! 

Don't think of it as days/weeks, just go by your body, what in that says anything about a 9 day week? 

1 hour ago, wylde99 said:

this week I've felt good so did 6 days in a Row, I'm meant to go this morning but may have today off too, that will make 3 days in a row off

This” being the keyword; 6+3=9 keep up!

8 hours ago, wylde99 said:

thats it bro.... You just need to listen and feel it. feel it good, feel its length... feel the muscle pulse love at you..

Its legit.. just rest extra day if you cant give it 100%

7 hours ago, hmgs said:

.. 2 Days on, 1 day off.... 3 days.. x2 = 6, 7th day crying about next week workout

How much rest you need, when you should take it, and how you should "rest" is really determined by your training and diet.

For me i train 4 days a week, 2 max effort days, 2 dynamic effort days. And i take a deload every 4 weeks.

A deload isn't usually used in a conjugate system, however i find it beneficial. 

Or just train more smartly and not trash the muscle so you can recover efficiently for the next workout . Isn’t difficult . I can easily train 6 days a week on a low volume routine ppl twice weekly and that being natty also .
currently doing a more higher volume approach with 2 days on 1 off and repeat  .more volume more rest needed .