Sign in to follow this  
mrwright

I've just been sacked

Yep, finally got a good job with decent people and now during covid etc I've been sacked because someone said someone said I said I should of had a promotion not the person who did 

No warning no disaplinary straight sacking 

Doesn't sound legal to me especially seeing as others have had multiple warnings for threatening others leaving work half way thru the day with no contact drugs at work etc 

11 minutes ago, mrwright said:

Yep, finally got a good job with decent people and now during covid etc I've been sacked because someone said someone said I said I should of had a promotion not the person who did 

Doesn't sound legal to me especially seeing as others have had multiple warnings for threatening others leaving work half way thru the day with no contact drugs at work etc 

Take 'em to a tribunal, and use a no win no fee solicitor. I hope you nicked some stuff on your way out.

27 minutes ago, mrwright said:

You can't just sack someone without due process.

If you don't follow the correct course of action as an employer when you terminate someone's contract you are leaving yourself wide open.

The have done exactly that (if everything went down as you say it did)

I would definitely seek legal advice on this to see what your options are.

What industry do you work in and is this a family run business or a proper company. Sounds fishy to me. You went into work this morning and next thing bam you’ve no job you have got the sack because he said she said that you said. Did I read that right?

13 minutes ago, Fina said:

Were you on probation?  If so, they can terminate without notice.

Isn't there something about being in the 1st year of employment as well, don't have full rights?

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

What industry do you work in and is this a family run business or a proper company. Sounds fishy to me. You went into work this morning and next thing bam you’ve no job you have got the sack because he said she said that you said. Did I read that right?

Yeah you did. 
Unsure if it’s a fishmongers tho. 

1 hour ago, Scotsman1010 said:

You can't just sack someone without due process.

If you don't follow the correct course of action as an employer when you terminate someone's contract you are leaving yourself wide open.

The have done exactly that (if everything went down as you say it did)

I would definitely seek legal advice on this to see what your options are.

Exactly that I got a phone call at about 7pm after finishing at 5 half expecting it to be offering me a promotion and sacked, told no chance of warnings etc straight sacked 

1 hour ago, Fina said:

Were you on probation?  If so, they can terminate without notice.

No, full time permanent contract 

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Logistics it's a Ltd company but 90% family ceo HR IT logistics manager customer care manager operations manager are all related 

1 hour ago, Denied said:

Isn't there something about being in the 1st year of employment as well, don't have full rights?

This is what I was wondering I'm <6months in 

3 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

Take 'em to a tribunal, and use a no win no fee solicitor. I hope you nicked some stuff on your way out.

I was speaking to a full time officer at unite about a employment tribunal and he said the arse had fallen out of them at the minute and most are going in the way of the employer 

When I first started working at amazon I was on probation for the first 6 months where I had to hit certain rate in work which was hard at the time to get. The first 6 months were worrying times but yeah they could fire me with no warnings 

28 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

When I first started working at amazon I was on probation for the first 6 months where I had to hit certain rate in work which was hard at the time to get. The first 6 months were worrying times but yeah they could fire me with no warnings 

I had 3 month probation got made full time early because I was so good (passed 3 months anyway) 

Anyone got any jobs going? Lol 

33 minutes ago, mrwright said:

I had 3 month probation got made full time early because I was so good (passed 3 months anyway) 

Anyone got any jobs going? Lol 

So if you weren’t on probation something is wrong with how you got fired 

1 hour ago, jd said:

I was speaking to a full time officer at unite about a employment tribunal and he said the arse had fallen out of them at the minute and most are going in the way of the employer 

When i was fired i spoke to one of the top dogs at Unite about my situation. He said i could appeal it, go to tribunal if i wanted, but all the sordid details of what i'd done would come out and my wife might find out.  So, i just took it on the chin and moved on.

1 hour ago, jd said:

Because they are not really considering the rights and wrongs of the circumstances of the dismissal - they are only considering whether the employer discharged their legal duty and correctly followed their own policies. 

1 hour ago, Jackoffblades said:

My boss told me about a mate of his that took a maintenance supervisor job at Amazon. He warned him that Amazon do random drug tests on the workers, but his mate said "i'll be alright".  First week they tested him, he failed - sacked.  What kind of company won't even let you smoke a doobie at the weekend without being sacked?!

If I was you I’d pm @MickeyE and ask him to be your representative at a tribunal. Then log on here and show the HR Dept some of the threads on here with him when he gets his rag on.

You will be offered your job back, a million pounds in compensation, a parking spot in front of the offices and blowie from the boss daughter every Friday immediately!

This is a very sad state of affairs and I feel let down myself, at no point has anybody in this Gen-con thread pointed out the irony of the OP’s username.

I await normal service to be resumed. 

6 hours ago, Tricky said:

He works for his father in law.

Was caught hanging out the back of his mother in law.

2 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

When i was fired i spoke to one of the top dogs at Unite about my situation. He said i could appeal it, go to tribunal if i wanted, but all the sordid details of what i'd done would come out and my wife might find out.  So, i just took it on the chin and moved on.

See?