Sign in to follow this  
Dugthefug

Can you feel the effects of testosterone after one week

I got prescribed TRT after a few tests came back low normal (I posted about this yesterday in another question) so I decided to go ahead with it ,but then decided to stop after a week because I thought it might not be for me and what ever ,so I was ment to inject testosterone cypionate 0.17ml (think that's 170mg) and 0.07ml of HGC 3 times a week into the belly fat ,so I took them both for the first time last Thursday and Saturday then stopped , basically decided not to carry on ,all this week I have felt a 100 times better in my mind ,it's more clearer and my social anxiety is a way better , does testosterone or HCG make you feel like this? If it does I'm a bit gutted I canceled the subscription because I havent felt this clear minded for years 

12 minutes ago, no-one said:

So, let's get this straight.  You have been prescribed TRT in accordance with a medical professional's advice yet you have decided to stop suddenly?  Why?

I posted about it yesterday ,check it out on my profile ,it explains the situation , cut a lot mg story short ,basically a couple tests came back low normal and couple tests came back in the normal range (done 4 tests in total) ,In the cold light of day my T wasn't really that low but as you know it fluctuates depending on certain things ,so because a couple of tests came back low normal they offered me trt and with out really thinking about it I agreed , I seen it as basically being on the juice but in a let's say a controlled manner , selfish really 

All in your head. “Low normal”. So normal then like mine was. I felt fine with low test levels. Train, play rugby, libido fine. What were your levels. Balance My Hormones by any chance?

12 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

All in your head. “Low normal”. So normal then like mine was. I felt fine with low test levels. Train, play rugby, libido fine. What were your levels. Balance My Hormones by any chance?

Well first one I got done in January ,that was 9.57 (bearing in mind I was on Prozac for over 7 years an I read there is a link between antidepressants and low testosterone ,so I basically came of them) month later other test is 18.98  ,so gets another a week later to confirm its gone higher ,that comes back 18.03 ,6 weeks later I get another one and it comes back at 12.03 ,so I was offered TRT ,the company was optimale ,I think i opened a can of worms when I got the first test done an it came back 9.57 ,just been down this rabbit hole ever since 

Don’t trust these companies. They rely on very limited studies that were designed to purposely support the money making trt industry. They don’t care about your health, all they care about is taking your cash. You know those adverts aimed at women for face creams that will give them younger looking skin and there’s  a disclaimer saying something like 89% of women surveyed agree without telling you how many women were surveyed and how many surveys they ran or whether participants got free products?

Some of the supposed medical evidence trt companies use to push their services is no better than the adverts I refer to. Very limited studies involving very few men.

There’s nothing wrong with your testosterone levels that getting off ssri medications and leading a healthy lifestyle won’t sort out.

Best of luck 

21 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Don’t trust these companies. They rely on very limited studies that were designed to purposely support the money making trt industry. They don’t care about your health, all they care about is taking your cash. You know those adverts aimed at women for face creams that will give them younger looking skin and there’s  a disclaimer saying something like 89% of women surveyed agree without telling you how many women were surveyed and how many surveys they ran or whether participants got free products?

Some of the supposed medical evidence trt companies use to push their services is no better than the adverts I refer to. Very limited studies involving very few men.

There’s nothing wrong with your testosterone levels that getting off ssri medications and leading a healthy lifestyle won’t sort out.

Best of luck 

Haha yeh you hit the nail on the head ,there in the selling business ,funny enough I spoke to balance my hormones before optimale and they were very keen to start me on treatment aswell

I think we all just get sucked in by the wonders of testosterone ,suppose it's the trap you fall into when the gym becomes apart of your life 

Thanks for your help mate 

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

Best of luck 

Have SSRI/SNRI medications been definitively proven to lower testosterone levels?

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

The problem is once you get used to high test levels normal levels feel low. I told myself self when I started using AAS that I would just get in a solid cycle or two and then stop.

Even to this day I tell myself this is it. My final last cycle. We will see how long I can keep this charade going.

3 hours ago, dasitmane said:

Have SSRI/SNRI medications been definitively proven to lower testosterone levels?

Not sure about that but they definitely reduce sex drive/performance which can make one feel "low t" lol.

I actually think MOST sex drive issues are neurotransmitter related.  

High/supra-physiological levels of testosterone aren't nearly as effective as any medication/drug that raises dopamine for me. 

7 hours ago, dasitmane said:

I believe so but I’ve never researched this because I’ve never taken antidepressants

9 hours ago, dasitmane said:

I read that it's mainly long term use of antidepressants that cause low T ,as I said my first test was 9.57 wile on Prozac ,then my second test was 18.98 after stopping Prozac so who knows 

7 hours ago, feelinfine said:

The problem is once you get used to high test levels normal levels feel low. I told myself self when I started using AAS that I would just get in a solid cycle or two and then stop.

Even to this day I tell myself this is it. My final last cycle. We will see how long I can keep this charade going.

Yeh I can imagine ,that's the trap I was worried I would fall into if I decided to stay on TRT (obviously I know TRT dose is alot Less than a juice cycle ,but)

6 hours ago, shredcity said:

Not sure about that but they definitely reduce sex drive/performance which can make one feel "low t" lol.

I actually think MOST sex drive issues are neurotransmitter related.  

High/supra-physiological levels of testosterone aren't nearly as effective as any medication/drug that raises dopamine for me. 

Yeh I believe now some of my libido issues are in my head , just too quick to link it low testosterone 

14 hours ago, Dugthefug said:

Well first one I got done in January ,that was 9.57 (bearing in mind I was on Prozac for over 7 years an I read there is a link between antidepressants and low testosterone ,so I basically came of them) month later other test is 18.98  ,so gets another a week later to confirm its gone higher ,that comes back 18.03 ,6 weeks later I get another one and it comes back at 12.03 ,so I was offered TRT ,the company was optimale ,I think i opened a can of worms when I got the first test done an it came back 9.57 ,just been down this rabbit hole ever since 

To be honest mate unless your levels are over 25 i would not be satisfied! You've already said your anxiety has subsided and mood lifted, from the TRT this early on, thats enough to tell me that your brain is not happy with your natural levels! The majority of people these days seem to have low t for whatever reason, poor lifestyle  choices maybe! I used gear on and off from the age of 18 to 24 then stopped completely, my test levels came back at 18 after 3 months being clean and i felt s**t, but then another 3 months went by and they came back at 26 and i felt good, stayed clean for a few years then i decided to jump back on the gear again as i missed it! So all i do these days is use trt between my cycles as the older you get the lower your levels become so if yours are averaging as low as that, they ain't gonna get better as time goes on mate! Wouldn't you rather feel good and just do the trt!?

27 minutes ago, B88F said:

To be honest mate unless your levels are over 25 i would not be satisfied! You've already said your anxiety has subsided and mood lifted, from the TRT this early on, thats enough to tell me that your brain is not happy with your natural levels! The majority of people these days seem to have low t for whatever reason, poor lifestyle  choices maybe! I used gear on and off from the age of 18 to 24 then stopped completely, my test levels came back at 18 after 3 months being clean and i felt s**t, but then another 3 months went by and they came back at 26 and i felt good, stayed clean for a few years then i decided to jump back on the gear again as i missed it! So all i do these days is use trt between my cycles as the older you get the lower your levels become so if yours are averaging as low as that, they ain't gonna get better as time goes on mate! Wouldn't you rather feel good and just do the trt!?

You make a great point ,but as a few people have said it could be placebo ,my mind is all over the show at the moment with it ,a think I'll see how I feel in a couple months after a bit of lifestyle changes then get a test done and go from there 

44 minutes ago, B88F said:

By the way I'm 35 , would you say 18.98 is still a bit on low side for me? 

22 hours ago, Dugthefug said:

I got prescribed TRT after a few tests came back low normal (I posted about this yesterday in another question) so I decided to go ahead with it ,but then decided to stop after a week because I thought it might not be for me and what ever ,so I was ment to inject testosterone cypionate 0.17ml (think that's 170mg) and 0.07ml of HGC 3 times a week into the belly fat ,so I took them both for the first time last Thursday and Saturday then stopped , basically decided not to carry on ,all this week I have felt a 100 times better in my mind ,it's more clearer and my social anxiety is a way better , does testosterone or HCG make you feel like this? If it does I'm a bit gutted I canceled the subscription because I havent felt this clear minded for years 

Forgive me but why would you want to stop your testosterone injections ? Help us understand your situation. What were your blood markers ? 

On 07/05/2021 at 1:28 PM, Dugthefug said:

By the way I'm 35 , would you say 18.98 is still a bit on low side for me? 

Probably not for today’s standards as I say testosterone levels seem to be dropping compared to say our parents era and further back, the range used to be 20-50 now it’s something like 20-30 so I bet another 30+ years it’ll be 5-20 or something, it’s worrying! But if a doc told me that your  level was normal which they would because it’ll be in the “normal” range  but I knew in my head I didn’t feel satisfied then I wouldn’t accept it! Unless I have a good sex drive and energy level, confident feeling (alpha male) I wouldn’t settle for less! However if I felt really good with a level of 18 then I’d be ok with it but I very much doubt I would. The only issue you have with going down the trt route is fertility, you should get prescribed hcg with it and if done correctly it shouldn’t be too much of an issue but if kids aren’t your thing then I’d sack them hcg off because I don’t like the way I feel on the stuff.

Whole host of stuff to unpick here.

I'd agree these private companies are probably after your shiny pennies rather than being overly concerned about your wellbeing, but I think this is conflating the issue.

Low test can cause a wealth of problems in men. I half use for gym/muscle purposes, half use for mental health purposes. I was low test (like yourself, just above the baseline for getting it on the NHS, but still low) and had anxiety, panic attacks, could hardly eat properly, and like yourself I was put on drugs that are fu**ing poison. I'm not one of these "big pharma is evil man!" types - I bow at the feet of the likes of Pfizer and Astra Zeneca for getting us out of the s**t show we've had for the past year, but anti-depressants/anti-anxiety drugs are over-used, over-relied on, and often make things worse. It's like having a broken arm and just dosing up with morphine - sure the arm stops hurting, but you're not fixing it.

If you're low test, injecting test fixes it, and then some. I'm a different fu**ing person on test and the past year without it has confirmed that. Fortunately sitting in the house doing f**k all has been the law, so at least lack of it made me comply...

So - well done for coming off the Prozac. Nasty s**t that shouldn't be relied on long term. Well done for looking into your test levels. They do fluctuate so yeah, the average of your figures could be the cause, but I'd bin off these private companies. Go to your GP, explain your issue, tell them you're thinking of using test anyway or that you are doing. They'll give you a base reading (did the company take proper venous blood tests btw?) then you can go from there. 

Few more questions -

Do you have a mortgage with a life insurance policy, a private healthcare plan, etc? Some people warn against telling your GP you're self-prescribing test (or "using steroids") for that reason as it allegedly can void such policies, even though I'm yet to see evidence of this.

What are your goals here? Is it just mental health or are you looking to improve physique too?

On 09/05/2021 at 10:14 PM, smiddy444 said:

Whole host of stuff to unpick here.

I'd agree these private companies are probably after your shiny pennies rather than being overly concerned about your wellbeing, but I think this is conflating the issue.

Low test can cause a wealth of problems in men. I half use for gym/muscle purposes, half use for mental health purposes. I was low test (like yourself, just above the baseline for getting it on the NHS, but still low) and had anxiety, panic attacks, could hardly eat properly, and like yourself I was put on drugs that are fu**ing poison. I'm not one of these "big pharma is evil man!" types - I bow at the feet of the likes of Pfizer and Astra Zeneca for getting us out of the s**t show we've had for the past year, but anti-depressants/anti-anxiety drugs are over-used, over-relied on, and often make things worse. It's like having a broken arm and just dosing up with morphine - sure the arm stops hurting, but you're not fixing it.

If you're low test, injecting test fixes it, and then some. I'm a different fu**ing person on test and the past year without it has confirmed that. Fortunately sitting in the house doing f**k all has been the law, so at least lack of it made me comply...

So - well done for coming off the Prozac. Nasty s**t that shouldn't be relied on long term. Well done for looking into your test levels. They do fluctuate so yeah, the average of your figures could be the cause, but I'd bin off these private companies. Go to your GP, explain your issue, tell them you're thinking of using test anyway or that you are doing. They'll give you a base reading (did the company take proper venous blood tests btw?) then you can go from there. 

Few more questions -

Do you have a mortgage with a life insurance policy, a private healthcare plan, etc? Some people warn against telling your GP you're self-prescribing test (or "using steroids") for that reason as it allegedly can void such policies, even though I'm yet to see evidence of this.

What are your goals here? Is it just mental health or are you looking to improve physique too?

Thanks for the reply  ,no I don't have any insurance policy or health care plan 

To be honest when I was younger it was all about my physique which led me to think with my ego which resulted in a lot of mental health problems over the years ,now it's basically about feeling content with myself 

On 09/05/2021 at 7:51 AM, B88F said:

Probably not for today’s standards as I say testosterone levels seem to be dropping compared to say our parents era and further back, the range used to be 20-50 now it’s something like 20-30 so I bet another 30+ years it’ll be 5-20 or something, it’s worrying! But if a doc told me that your  level was normal which they would because it’ll be in the “normal” range  but I knew in my head I didn’t feel satisfied then I wouldn’t accept it! Unless I have a good sex drive and energy level, confident feeling (alpha male) I wouldn’t settle for less! However if I felt really good with a level of 18 then I’d be ok with it but I very much doubt I would. The only issue you have with going down the trt route is fertility, you should get prescribed hcg with it and if done correctly it shouldn’t be too much of an issue but if kids aren’t your thing then I’d sack them hcg off because I don’t like the way I feel on the stuff.

On 09/05/2021 at 7:51 AM, B88F said:

Would HCG be a good idea to take incase let's say for certain reasons you had to come off TRT? Basically it would act as a backup and help with PCT? 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:43 AM, Sasnak said:

I believe so but I’ve never researched this because I’ve never taken antidepressants

They do slightly lower T levels, yes. But marginally. Maybe about 5 - 10%. The most noticeable effect is lower sex drive.

I've been on a low dose of Sertraline for years, and it has definitely reduced my sexual appetite. Funny enough, I decided to lower my dose of anti-depressants recently and try to "ween myself off them" under medical supervision (as I no longer feel I need them) and funnily enough my old sex drive has started to return again!