Sign in to follow this  
shredcity

Alcohols effect on estrogen (while on trt or cycle)

I'm also curious about this.

I have read several times "alcohol raises estrogen in men",  but never been linked to a study that supports the statement.

I've also read about guys on here that believe alcohol contributed to gyno on trt while others drink regularly with no negative effects.

I began forgoing my "night-cap" a few months ago, and I do miss it, a lot.

5 hours ago, shredcity said:

I often hear people say drinking spikes estrogen but can't find any studies showing it has that effect. 

https://www.t-nation.com/a-lifters-guide-to-alcohol/

Doesn't seem to cause any rise even at the 1.75 grams/kg level (so 4-5 drinks for anyone that's not a manlet).

@Sasnak may be able to help you as I’ve seen him mention e2 spikes when drinking alcohol and Ive also read something myself in a book about e2 spike when drinking alcohol. A lot of alcoholics do have bitch tits a fat hips so there is something in it. I drink less alcohol these days as I aromatise easily and wondered if it was from my bottle of red and few cans at the weekend so I stopped drinking and changed it for a joint. My next bloods will help me understand this more for my own experiment.

It doesn’t increase estrogen as far as I know. What happens is when you drink alcohol the body has to clear the alcohol from your system. The human body “sees” alcohol as an estrogen. Bear in mind that alcohol is actually a poison that humans were never meant to consume, so when you drink it your body works overtime to eliminate it from the body and this interrupts your body’s natural ability to clear estrogen. Obviously if you are taking a supraphysiological dose of testosterone the estrogen can build up quite significantly because the body cannot clear it quickly enough because it’s working overtime shifting the alcohol.

This is why women with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer are advised against consuming alcohol.

Calling alcohol a poison seems like an oversimplification. 

Humans have been fermenting substances on purpose or accidentally since the dawn of our species. 

Alcohol has proven health benefits. A big one being its the most effective dietary intervention for raising HDL..

I love a beer, like really love a beer. 

I find when I drink, if I were to drink (3-4 leffe or Stella) it adds about 4lbs to my body weight for the next 4 days and bloats me. Not too sure on hormonal aspect or just because I'm lower body fat it really cripples me. I'd also like to know more about subject