Sign in to follow this  
JohnnySack

re-using barrels is it safe ?

8 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

A barrel is like 3 to 20p dude!

I know but that's not the question...though I do appreciate what you're saying. just tell me if it's safe or not thanks :-)

I am curious about this too.

The money isn't a concern, but as someone who is environmentally considerate, even using a barrel twice would half the manufacturing, packaging and disposal requirement, which over the course of multiple cycles/long term trt would be a step in the right direction, especially if it became common practice.

7 hours ago, ChemicalBurn said:

I am curious about this too.

The money isn't a concern, but as someone who is environmentally considerate, even using a barrel twice would half the manufacturing, packaging and disposal requirement, which over the course of multiple cycles/long term trt would be a step in the right direction, especially if it became common practice.

You rinse out your vials too and send them back to China? 

8 hours ago, JohnnySack said:

is it safe ? like just a couple of times...say the same barrel mon / thu ? or is it a big no-no. thanks.

How you gonna stop s**t getting in it? Once the end is open and needle removed it's gonna be open to bacteria surely? I definitely wouldn't do it. Suppose you could boil them but still no. 

26 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

You rinse out your vials too and send them back to China? 

No I don't send the vials back to china :withstupid:

30 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

How you gonna stop s**t getting in it? Once the end is open and needle removed it's gonna be open to bacteria surely?

Mine come in blister packs, so I guess you could open one up just enough to get the syringe out, put it back in after the injection and fold the packaging back on itself? I keep all of my injecting equipment in a sealed carry case anyway, and the syringes in their own zip-lock bag.

As long as your hands are clean and the process is quick I can't see much danger to be honest.

A lot of guys seem to be on trt injecting twice per week right now, using a fresh barrel on Wednesday and then reusing it over the weekend before discarding would be a great way of cutting the barrel and packaging production requirements in half.

Coming from someone who 'knows a guy' who used to reuse pins and barrels until they were almost blunt for IV use, I would say iy is not ideal but the chance of it giving you an infection , unless you are leaving it on the floor outside, is slim to none,

@gymaddict1986 @Malin @AncientOldBloke

Cheap or not, a reduction in waste (providing it is safe to do so) should be encouraged imo. Syringes (unlike needles) seem like they could be safely reused providing they are stored safely between uses.

If just a few guys on a 2x weekly trt protocol used one barrel for the week's injections, between them they'd save the production, packaging and disposal of 78 syringes in one year. 

But to play devil's advocate, these would be my main two concerns, both to do with the residual oil left in the syringe between uses.

1. Would the oil spoil in some way? Over, say, a week?

2. Would the oil deteriorate the rubber plunger, either affecting it functionally or by bleeding some microscopic amount of toxin into the oil which would then be injected into the user?

thanks for the responses about being clean / oil residue / infection etc as this was what I was after...it just came into my head last night after pinning as I was ( obviously ) putting the needles into a works bin and thought "is there anything wrong with this barrel ?"

that's all...it's not an economics question.

4 hours ago, ChemicalBurn said:

But to play devil's advocate, these would be my main two concerns, both to do with the residual oil left in the syringe between uses.

1. Would the oil spoil in some way? Over, say, a week?

2. Would the oil deteriorate the rubber plunger, either affecting it functionally or by bleeding some microscopic amount of toxin into the oil which would then be injected into the user?

Depends on solvents and Carrier oil but yeah it could do

5 hours ago, ChemicalBurn said:

If just a few guys on a 2x weekly trt protocol used one barrel for the week's injections, between them they'd save the production, packaging and disposal of 78 syringes in one year. 

Dat choo Greta..?

If you washed it with fairy liquid. I’m not sure a dishwasher would do it adequately then sterilised it again it would be fine. You could sterilise barrels in a vegetable steamer. Unless you have time on your hands I don’t know why anyone would bother but you could do a few at a time

21 hours ago, JohnnySack said:

is it safe ? like just a couple of times...say the same barrel mon / thu ? or is it a big no-no. thanks.

Probably not the best thing to do but I’ve did it a few times with no problems. 

6 hours ago, ChemicalBurn said:

@gymaddict1986 @Malin @AncientOldBloke

Cheap or not, a reduction in waste (providing it is safe to do so) should be encouraged imo. Syringes (unlike needles) seem like they could be safely reused providing they are stored safely between uses.

The most beta thing I’ve ever read on a BB forum 

Tree hugging phaggot 

I personally would not re-use a barrel but for your arguments sake 

instead of using a barrel twice , why not put double the amount of oil in the barrel and just change the pin for second injection ?

say you pin 1ml a week , put the 1ml in the barrel , pin 1/2 mil Monday and keep the other 1/2 mil for your Thursday  jab 

That must be a cleaner and safer idea ?

10 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

The most beta thing I’ve ever read on a BB forum 

Tree hugging phaggot 

Mate i've got kids. With that (i'd hope) comes a certain consideration for the planet we're going to leave behind. 

If you're opinion of "alpha" is a willful disregard for the planet we rely on then i'll happily write you off as someone whose opinion has zero value to me on this forum.