Sign in to follow this  
blade1989

Bulk or cut? Pics

Currently the lockdown and quarantine is not allowing me to workout but have been eating at maintenance, gyms are going to reopen in 2 weeks time don’t know how to go ahead.. 

Pics attached 

63B25526-F42C-4314-8ECA-B50721915962.jpeg

2944E32A-B7BE-4A9F-B80F-26BBE3799FA3.jpeg

A3559A83-1ABC-4460-9266-696E49785C2B.jpeg

1D036067-D66A-4B09-9AFB-38705AAF79C3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, blade1989 said:

And this would have been?

E785DC63-B9F9-4258-A482-32B93CCF0117.jpeg

Mate why not just do both at the same time . Regain lost muscle strength and lose fat . It’s easily done with correct training and diet . Also it doesn’t look like you have a huge amount of muscle mass to gain back . Many peoples do it successfully, so I don’t see why you can not . 

6 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Mate why not just do both at the same time . Regain lost muscle strength and lose fat . It’s easily done with correct training and diet . Also it doesn’t look like you have a huge amount of muscle mass to gain back . Many peoples do it successfully, so I don’t see why you can not . 

It’s a slow process, and I have tried recomping and i feel my body doesn’t react to it 

Cut mate, keep the training intensity high. Get down to a similar leanness to the before-lockdown pic and go from there.

2 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

This. Especially after a lay off easily achieveable 

42 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Exactly 

I’ve seen two groups of people saying you should eat in deficit while recomp while others say eat in surplus.. 

Which is the correct way?

2 minutes ago, blade1989 said:

I’ve seen two groups of people saying you should eat in deficit while recomp while others say eat in surplus.. 

Maintenance calories

45 minutes ago, blade1989 said:

For someone with your physique and fat levels, recomp would not be the best choice, you need to drop body fat that is clear as day, building muscle is not easy it is even harder if you are holding too much fat.

Ok, so what do you need to do?

Nutrition:
The first thing is to eat in a calorie deficit, a simple way to determine your daily calorific amounts is this
Your Bodyweight in lbs x 15 = Maintenance Calories x 0.76 to place yourself in a deficit.
Make sure you are eating at least 20g of protein with every meal with a daily amount that equals your bodyweight in KGs x 1.8 - 2.2 = Daily Protein amount.

Training:
Train with weights 3-5 sessions a week.
Reps of 8 - 12 per set.
Sets between 16 - 22 per body part per week.
Rest between sets 60sec - 120sec between sets.

Best of luck

5 hours ago, blade1989 said:

Currently the lockdown and quarantine is not allowing me to workout but have been eating at maintenance, gyms are going to reopen in 2 weeks time don’t know how to go ahead.. 

Pics attached 

63B25526-F42C-4314-8ECA-B50721915962.jpeg

2944E32A-B7BE-4A9F-B80F-26BBE3799FA3.jpeg

A3559A83-1ABC-4460-9266-696E49785C2B.jpeg

1D036067-D66A-4B09-9AFB-38705AAF79C3.jpeg

the question you should make yourself is: Why would I want to bulk, and what would I really get from it?

Get in shape, then decide.

On 04/05/2021 at 10:55 AM, Pscarb said:

For someone with your physique and fat levels, recomp would not be the best choice, you need to drop body fat that is clear as day, building muscle is not easy it is even harder if you are holding too much fat.

Ok, so what do you need to do?

Nutrition:
The first thing is to eat in a calorie deficit, a simple way to determine your daily calorific amounts is this
Your Bodyweight in lbs x 15 = Maintenance Calories x 0.76 to place yourself in a deficit.
Make sure you are eating at least 20g of protein with every meal with a daily amount that equals your bodyweight in KGs x 1.8 - 2.2 = Daily Protein amount.

Training:
Train with weights 3-5 sessions a week.
Reps of 8 - 12 per set.
Sets between 16 - 22 per body part per week.
Rest between sets 60sec - 120sec between sets.

Best of luck

See this post above ^^^^^ this is the secret to bodybuilding 

Work out your maintenance and subtract = cut OR work out your maintenance and add = bulk.

This post is everything you ever need to know to look good in a T shirt, on the beach or in the bedroom. To compete then other things come in to play but after 20+ years I can say that 99% on here just want to look good. 

Great post ??