UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

How often do you call in sick at work?

1K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  AncientOldBloke 
#1 ·
Once a year at the absolute most for me, and even then it's only if I have an upset stomach or flu, and even then it's not usually more than two days. Never take the piss or anything like that! Only time was when I was a teenager (about 17) I called in sick for a whole week because I'd just got the original XBox with Halo. Was working at a right dump then packing sausage rolls into boxes, getting treated like dirt. So sod em! They deserved it.

I'm a grown man now with three kids now, so wouldn't dream of doing anything like that these days.

#4 ·
Late terns Early 20s used to dip work a lot was too busy partying for 3 days at a time...Now,very rare i skip a day got a wife and 2 kids to support been to work with a full on fever,shits for 5 days once and still went,last year trapped nerve in lower back had me layed up for 2 days on the 3rd day fell out of bed took 5 minutes to get my socks on and went to work gotta keep that money coming in.

#5 ·
I was shocked when i started my current job that they don't pay sick pay. I'd done my hamstring in deadlifting so phoned in sick. Got asked "how'd you want this, holiday or unpaid?". Couldn't believe it at the time, i'd worked at much bigger places (ie Rover being one) where you just got paid, no worries. In my last job i had 5 weeks off with pneumonia, i think 7 weeks after a hernia op. Since being in this job, i think other than the hamstring day off i've only had a couple of days off in 5 years.

#8 ·
Honestly can't remember. Only being off due to mum, then eldest sister dying - 2yrs ago.
Went to the doctors many moons ago…

Dr. "we haven't seen you for a while (10yrs) why's that?"

Me: "…er, haven't been ill"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.