Sign in to follow this  
Fors331

How covid getting on regarding gyms?

Cant use the gym due to a operation for the last week or so and still got atleast a month of no exercise to go so no point really being on here talking about exercise but was wondering if much has changed yet? Anything rising?

have a feeling when i can use the gym again they will probably be closed again, normally nothing would hold me back going gym but i seriously cant do much for atleast a month, even walking is a struggle and closing a car door feels like pushing a 100kg db, the operation will be a waste of time if i do anything, i think when i can finally walk without too much pain my first part of rehab/exercise will be a long walk.

iv also been on a waiting list to have my wisdom teeth out so got that in the pipeline too but would imagine that wouldn't effect the gym

4 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Cant use the gym due to a operation for the last week or so and still got atleast a month of no exercise to go so no point really being on here talking about exercise but was wondering if much has changed yet? Anything rising?

have a feeling when i can use the gym again they will probably be closed again, normally nothing would hold me back going gym but i seriously cant do much for atleast a month, even walking is a struggle and closing a car door feels like pushing a 100kg db, the operation will be a waste of time if i do anything, i think when i can finally walk without too much pain my first part of rehab/exercise will be a long walk.

iv also been on a waiting list to have my wisdom teeth out so got that in the pipeline too but would imagine that wouldn't effect the gym

What type of surgery did you have bud?  You will have a review with the surgical team after a few weeks. That’s standard practice and you will then be given exercises. If you choose not to do the exercises as part of your rehab you could end up causing further issues when you return to heavy lifting. 

Plenty of reasons to come on here. Get some advice from others who may have had the same surgery as yer self. Ideas for alternative exercises. I’ve seen some decent advice on here about injuries.

As the weather is getting better and will continue the get better, you’ll be able to get out for long walks. Find somewhere with hills to walk fast so it gets your heart rate up. You can walk now. No reason why walking is going to cause any damage. Not as much as raising shoulder to use a steering wheel/change gear. 

A question: why would you need to close the car door? Lifting your shoulder to accommodate using a steering wheel will surely impact your shoulder?? Also, use your other arm to close the door. 

Speedy recovery bud. Get out in the fresh air. Will be part of setting goals each day plus gets you out. Can stop off at a cafe for a coffee or soft drink.

5 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Yes they will shut the Gyms again but not before the Elections so you have a good Month or two at least, personally I don't think they will Lock us down again until September/October ready for Flu Season. 

My Gym is amazing, all of the Staff there hate all these regulations and rules and don't follow any of them really, only displaying the signs incase they are checked, of course there is the odd numpty who follows the "Rules" and puts on a Mask when they finish working out just to wear it until they leave the Gym. 

5 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Except for it being open :lol:

You’ve had shoulder surgery. If walking is a struggle why are you near your car?? Legit question mate.

45 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Yes they will shut the Gyms again but not before the Elections

Which elections? The County Council elections won’t have an impact and neither will the Police and Crime Commissioner elections. Are they what you are referring to?? There won’t be a General Election for another 3 years yet.

Can't see them locking down again. Only chance of that I would have thought is if some mutation emerges that the vaccines can't control.

My gym has pretty much gone back to normal no-one is even wiping stuff down anymore.

2 minutes ago, albatross said:

Can't see them locking down again. Only chance of that I would have thought is if some mutation emerges that the vaccines can't control.

My gym has pretty much gone back to normal no-one is even wiping stuff down anymore.

Exactly - that’s a perfectly common sense assessment of the situation.

Sadly, if a mutation does come along that gets around the vaccines we will have to listen to @wylde99 claiming he foretold this in prophesy and that this was part of Bill Gates and the paedophile global elite plan all along......

19 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Which elections? The County Council elections won’t have an impact and neither will the Police and Crime Commissioner elections. Are they what you are referring to?? There won’t be a General Election for another 3 years yet.

He’s got a point though, they’re unlikely to close the gyms between now and Thursday, so there’s that I suppose.

7 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

He’s got a point though, they’re unlikely to close the gyms between now and Thursday, so there’s that I suppose.

I suppose he is wiser than people give him credit for.

6 minutes ago, sean m said:

I hope everyone keeps cleaning the equipment after using it,  permanently. 

It rank when you go to use a bench and it's got the sweat soaked outline of someone's a55 on it. 

I agree.  Anyone who is training and doesn’t bother to  wipe down the equipment is a cnut. Simple thing to do. I’d leave a gym not enforcing this & I’d have a dig at management. 

Walking past several of the lads at the gym and they fcuking honk. Dirty bastards. Adults with that mank teenager BO. 

Tbh I cleaned everything even before COVID.

Got this guy in my gym who does these circuits. Biggish chap. Obviously working hard. Sweats like a mad man. Wipes his stuff down but litterally the floor is covered in his sweat. Stupid thing is, there’s a cool studio free to use but he chooses to do it infront of the mirror next to the adjustable benches. 

Staff spend 90% of there time cleaning everything and the air con is on full whack. They’re now just glorified cleaners. 

38 minutes ago, sean m said:

It rank when you go to use a bench and it's got the sweat soaked outline of someone's a55 on it. 

Everyone at ours seems to be cleaning equipment down but I don’t like relying on others so I give everything a clean down before I use it and then afterwards.

seeing some shythawk sweating all over the equipment and not giving it so much as a wipe down annoys the life out of me, covid or not. 

1 hour ago, faipdeooiad said:

Everyone at ours seems to be cleaning equipment down but I don’t like relying on others so I give everything a clean down before I use it and then afterwards.

seeing some shythawk sweating all over the equipment and not giving it so much as a wipe down annoys the life out of me, covid or not. 

Same. That’s what the gym have requested we do. If that helps keep the gym open then I’m more than happy to do that. 

Plenty of antiseptic wipes and spray around you use plus staff are cleaning constantly. 

15 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Same. That’s what the gym have requested we do. If that helps keep the gym open then I’m more than happy to do that. 

Plenty of antiseptic wipes and spray around you use plus staff are cleaning constantly. 

Yea, same at ours. They have the tubs of wipes pretty much within arms reach in the free weights area and you could ask the cleaning staff to spot you they’re about that often.

I really can’t complain about the cleanliness of the place but it’s always worth giving it an extra wipe down.

At pure it's  cleclean before and after use,  which is exactly how it should always have been, but before covid they didn't provide anything to clean the equipment with, there was a sign saying you must bring a towel but i only ever saw a couple of people apart from me that did, and I had my own wet wipes. 

8 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

I agree.  Anyone who is training and doesn’t bother to  wipe down the equipment is a cnut. Simple thing to do. I’d leave a gym not enforcing this & I’d have a dig at management. 

Walking past several of the lads at the gym and they fcuking honk. Dirty bastards. Adults with that mank teenager BO. 

A couple of months after starting trt my partner said i smell like a teenager, and not just the Lynx.  2 or more showers a day now.

11 hours ago, sean m said:

I went on Friday and a young lady had just got off the lat pulldown - I asked if she had finished and she said "yes, let me wipe down first"

She cleaned the bar but not the seat and left a sweaty bum imprint on it. As she was pretty hot I didn't mind so much :)

1 hour ago, albatross said:

I went on Friday and a young lady had just got off the lat pulldown - I asked if she had finished and she said "yes, let me wipe down first"

She cleaned the bar but not the seat and left a sweaty bum imprint on it. As she was pretty hot I didn't mind so much :)

You are unlikely to get covid through your butt, so just embrace the sweaty seat.

1 hour ago, albatross said:

I now insist on cleaning the equipment after attractive women have finished their set.

Getting rather fed up with having to explain my tongue is a bona fide disinfectant.

13 hours ago, sean m said:

Not so bad when its a fit birds camel toe sweat mark:lol: