Sign in to follow this  
MRinkredible

Switch to low volume high frequency

Hi guys I was looking some help at my new training program I have drawn up. After spending some time researching and following JP styles and methods I really am interested in giving this a go.  

PUSH A

low incline db press

chest press machine

shoulder press (plate loaded)

close grip smith press

pec dec

lat raise machine

rope press down

PUSH B

High incline db press

decline chest press (machine)

dumbell shoulder press

skull crushers (from floor)

cable flys

lat raise dumbell

v bar tri press down

PULL A

wide lat pull down

pull over machine

under hand high row

chest supported row

rear delt pec dec

single arm preacher machine curl

cable curl

PULL B

deadlifts

t bar row

lat pull down v bar

shrugs

ez curl

seated dumbell single curl

LEGS A

adducter

lying leg curl

squat

glute drive

leg extensions

adducter

calves seated

LEGS B

lying leg curl

hack squat

leg press

rdl

seated leg curl

leg extensions

calves standing

From what I have read I am going to warm up to a working set (load set) of 6-10 reps and then a back off set 12-15 reps for all the compound movements.

What rep ranges and sets should I be aiming to hit in the isolation sets such as the bicep curls, tricep pushdowns etc?

I am lagging in chest which is why I have two pressing movements in push for chest and I was thinking of tweaking this after a while and balance it out with shoulders ?

Many thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what your planning on doing and when, so I'll leave that to others, but;

"6-10 reps and then a back off set 12-15 reps for all the compound movements."

Good luck doing deadlifts like that for any real length of time.

Is there a reason why you don't like one of the many proven PPL routines? 

@Tonysco thanks for the Reply, I would be following push pull rest legs rest over the two rotations. 

What ppl routines are you referring to that are proven ? Is there something else that you would recommend?

Thanks 

An ounce of practice is worth a pound of theory and given you are "really am interested in giving this a go." why not just see how it treats you and be adaptive as needed.

I find it harder and harder to give much advice outside this on training plans and proposed cycles since it's so person dependent. 

I for instance do just find on between 8-14 working sets per body part per week and find that if I go beyond that it just ends up junk volume that I eventually start impeding recovery with. 

Others can almost double that range for sets. 

We don't know your strength, training years, hormonal status, dietary adherence and layout, training history and what worked in the past, how much sleep you're getting, what training style you've previously enjoyed and will subsequently put the most effort into. 

I mean could 'someone' make progress on the above routine?... yes for what that's worth.