Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Canelo vs Saunders - fight prediction

7 hours ago, albatross said:

Saunders looks good for 3 rounds and then finds himself mercilessly walked down by Alvarez who is the most destructive fighter in boxing at the moment.

If it gets past round 9 I will be surprised.

The other problem he’s got is that he doesn’t have the power in his own shots to be able to put the brakes on Canelo.

Once Canelo gets on his inside and goes to work the referee is going to have to step in to save Saunders.

I know it’s all designed as a smoke screen but the way he’s talked Canelo up during the build up to the fight is probably so he can say he knew he was up against it afterwards. 

Billy is a good boxer in his own right but I though Callum Smith would cause Canelo real issues and he took a sustained beating for 10 rounds. He’s a natural super middleweight and never caused a single moment of concern for Canelo. Saunders is half a foot shorter with no other physical attributes that you can point out that may give him an edge. 

Gonna be a painful lesson for him I reckon.

46 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Want Billy to win but he will be outclassed Canelo Is a much more Intelligent Fighter and has a better Jab. 

Canelo doesn’t even throw the jab with the intention of it landing or scoring though. It’s just a tool that’s almost a discarded shot to help him dip down which allows him to skip forward and start unloading rib ticklers.

3 hours ago, Donny dog said:

The other problem he’s got is that he doesn’t have the power in his own shots to be able to put the brakes on Canelo.

Once Canelo gets on his inside and goes to work the referee is going to have to step in to save Saunders.

I know it’s all designed as a smoke screen but the way he’s talked Canelo up during the build up to the fight is probably so he can say he knew he was up against it afterwards. 

Billy is a good boxer in his own right but I though Callum Smith would cause Canelo real issues and he took a sustained beating for 10 rounds. He’s a natural super middleweight and never caused a single moment of concern for Canelo. Saunders is half a foot shorter with no other physical attributes that you can point out that may give him an edge. 

Gonna be a painful lesson for him I reckon.

Agree with a fair bit of this but at 6 foot 3 C Smith is not a natural super middle weight. 

I would take Smith to beat BJS though. 

PS I see Canelo smashing the sh1te out of BJS. He'll have to run like hell to hear the final bell.

5 hours ago, MickeyE said:

Agree with a fair bit of this but at 6 foot 3 C Smith is not a natural super middle weight. 

I would take Smith to beat BJS though. 

PS I see Canelo smashing the sh1te out of BJS. He'll have to run like hell to hear the final bell.

No if he didn’t box for a living Smith would be walking round day to day somewhere around 14 stone you imagine. What’s that? Cruiserweight? Just inside?

I just meant that Smith would be naturally heavier than BJS and he couldn’t cause him a single moments worry so what choice does Billy Joe have?

The only way he can trouble him is by producing an absolute masterclass in stick and move. And whilst I’ve not seen every one of his fights, his recent performances don’t suggest he’s capable of stepping up to the level that would be required.

9 minutes ago, Donny dog said:

No if he didn’t box for a living Smith would be walking round day to day somewhere around 14 stone you imagine. What’s that? Cruiserweight? Just inside?

I just meant that Smith would be naturally heavier than BJS and he couldn’t cause him a single moments worry so what choice does Billy Joe have?

The only way he can trouble him is by producing an absolute masterclass in stick and move. And whilst I’ve not seen every one of his fights, his recent performances don’t suggest he’s capable of stepping up to the level that would be required.

Yeh 14 stone ish is cruiserweight. 

I think BJS is hugely overrated.  Completely different fighters, but he's only Eubank Jr level IME. Very decent level but not in same league as Canelo. 

10 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh 14 stone ish is cruiserweight. 

I think BJS is hugely overrated.  Completely different fighters, but he's only Eubank Jr level IME. Very decent level but not in same league as Canelo. 

Agree.

Stupid thing to say really but if he didn’t have a belt Canelo wouldn’t even know his name. He’s almost of no significance to him in terms of ability.