Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat12

What is the best city to live in?

People who live in London always criticize its weather people who live in LA say it is too crowdy, too expensive, beach is not that good. 

Every one finds something bad in the city that he lives in so to end this debate, I want to ask you: which city has fewer problems and more advantages than others?

In a nutshell Newcastle. Friendliest people, very safe city compared to other parts of the country. £300k buys you a very nice house in a nice area. We have great walks on the doorstep, sandy beaches right up the coast, nightlife is hopping. Not so good if you like football mind.

51 minutes ago, Gymrat12 said:

People who live in London always criticize its weather people who live in LA say it is too crowdy, too expensive, beach is not that good. 

Every one finds something bad in the city that he lives in so to end this debate, I want to ask you: which city has fewer problems and more advantages than others?

If you're thinking more long term - Murmansk. The weather over there is looking to be pretty nice when global warming fries everywhere else :lol:

8 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Why city? 
I live in London, but didn’t always used to and there’s a lot to be said for countryside or town living. 

Where abouts?

I live in South London. 20min train ride into Central London. Has it's ups and downs. If England was as hot as LA all year round I would love living here. Cold, windy, grey, rainy weather makes me hate living in England period.

2 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

I live in South London. 20min train ride into Central London. Has it's ups and downs. If England was as hot as LA all year round I would love living here. Cold, windy, grey, rainy weather makes me hate living in England period.

South London especially for me is a bit too crime filled , especially in my area. Being close to central is nice though always a good day out.

2 minutes ago, Alex12340 said:

South London especially for me is a bit too crime filled , especially in my area. Being close to central is nice though always a good day out.

You in South too? 

1 minute ago, Pez189 said:

South west London. Can’t say exactly where as too many weirdos on here. Probably stalk and try and bum me. (Only partially joking) 

I'm in south west a lot, let's grab a coffee! I personally like a costa, but I don't mind starbs if you really wanna :) 

I personally don’t like city life. I understand some like the hustle and bustle. Others a necessary evil due to their job. I’ve lived in some nice towns and some smaller cites. I hated London and dublin wasn’t too much better the crime, drugs and homeless is bad. I don’t like the cost of living. 

York and Harrogate are probably the best places I’ve lived in England. I’ve lived in several villages in Suffolk and Norfolk but these were too small and too remote I didn’t enjoy the lifestyle as much looking back compared to York. I also like Belfast, I do enjoy the option to go for food or a drink late at night places being open. Variety of shops and attractions coupled with the fact it’s not far from the coast as I love the sea. 

With the experience I have having lived across England and stayed for several weeks and months in places in South Wales, Cyprus and Germany working I can say now I much prefer the north coast of Northern Ireland. I love the laid back attitude, less stress, just causal throw you clothes on and go. Early morning swims, walking the dog along the coast, late night bbq and when needed not a far drive to Belfast. 

2 hours ago, vetran said:

Just took this pic outside my front door the church in the back ground is great budworth Cheshire it is reputed to be the most scenic village in England and the war of the worlds was filmed here last year :thumbup1:

48CE83E9-BB9D-4C77-9923-4D863C667D6A.jpeg

This is my view, Wales has some stunning scenery

IMG_20210417_172139.jpg

It depends what you want. I prefer the quiet life in a less urban setting. I want to be near parks and countryside. I wouldn't like living in London or L.A. So for me, the ideal place is a small town in Cheshire to be near my closest family and go on holidays in Spain when I want a bit of sunshine. I complain about there not being enough sun here in the UK, but I'd probably get pissed off with a warm country because it's hard to sleep at night in a warm room lol.

1 hour ago, vetran said:

Just took this pic outside my front door the church in the back ground is great budworth Cheshire it is reputed to be the most scenic village in England and the war of the worlds was filmed here last year :thumbup1:

48CE83E9-BB9D-4C77-9923-4D863C667D6A.jpeg

15-20 minutes away from you big man.....

49 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

It depends what you want. I prefer the quiet life in a less urban setting. I want to be near parks and countryside. I wouldn't like living in London or L.A. So for me, the ideal place is a small town in Cheshire to be near my closest family and go on holidays in Spain when I want a bit of sunshine. I complain about there not being enough sun here in the UK, but I'd probably get pissed off with a warm country because it's hard to sleep at night in a warm room lol.

We have air con in Spain mate. My house is like a walk in fridge. 

Perfect for when the wife has skimpy tops on.

Currently in Brum but planning moving in 3 years time back to The Cotswolds, where I grew up.

I can't wait to be back there.

City life is overrated IMO.

Sure, some cities are less awful than others. If I never go back to London, it'll be too soon! 

6 hours ago, spod said:

Currently in Brum but planning moving in 3 years time back to The Cotswolds, where I grew up.

Does the Birmingham accent not make you want to move?

13 hours ago, Alex12340 said:

Won’t say too exact but not far from Croydon, same rough distance to central.

Ooh how exciting. I’m training at Kings tomorrow   :thumb

13 hours ago, Pez189 said:

I’ve met a few guys off here. Trained with a Few. Seems to be a group of us based south. Sutton. Mitcham. Putney. Fulham etc. 

How comes me and @PSevens2017 weren’t invited....  or did you just invite him? 

Thanks J

58 minutes ago, js77 said:

Ooh how exciting. I’m training at Kings tomorrow   :thumb

Is the gym good? Looked relatively small on pictures but could just be me