thetong6969

hi been a few years is anyone else in here type 1 diabetic

hi guys used to powerlift years  ago last comps i was 32  I'm 50 now but been back a cpl of times in the past , always managed to increase weight and muscle I put it down to sheer determination  confidence and muscle memory plus as good a diet as  I can afford, I was just wondering is anyone else  insulin dependent , I mean I don't have many hyposin fact the opposite I have found my sugars spike when I train , only been a cpl of times but enjoying the muscle pain lol I guess you get used to it now I'm just doing bits ,my triceps have disappeared so that was last on my last session but mainly hammered my back for now , adding weights and moving has actually done my legs a bit but I lift at work ....we are very quiet at the moment since going back so I can train quite happily in the morning eat asap and sleep then get up for work, obviously when we are busier i'll have to lay back a bit or train on days off 

anyway hi 

On 25/04/2021 at 1:01 AM, thetong6969 said:

hi guys used to powerlift years  ago last comps i was 32  I'm 50 now but been back a cpl of times in the past , always managed to increase weight and muscle I put it down to sheer determination  confidence and muscle memory plus as good a diet as  I can afford, I was just wondering is anyone else  insulin dependent , I mean I don't have many hyposin fact the opposite I have found my sugars spike when I train , only been a cpl of times but enjoying the muscle pain lol I guess you get used to it now I'm just doing bits ,my triceps have disappeared so that was last on my last session but mainly hammered my back for now , adding weights and moving has actually done my legs a bit but I lift at work ....we are very quiet at the moment since going back so I can train quite happily in the morning eat asap and sleep then get up for work, obviously when we are busier i'll have to lay back a bit or train on days off 

anyway hi 

Type 1 diabetic also.. when on steroids I have to up my insulin (novorapid) from 1iu for every 10g of carbs to around 1.5-2iu for every 10g carbs .. 

Any tips or must avoids regarding diabetes 1 and training? E.g things like fasted cardio being very well planned and limited etc ....