So, any of you guys use teeth care kits? To brighten those gnashers? 

We take great care in pushing ourselves lifting iron/doing cardio (well, some of us), recording our nutrition to the point of weighing it, do sunbeds to make us glow, get on the gear..... how about teeth? 

I like my coffee first thing. Thinking about the 3D crest kits to try and brighten them up. Anyone use these? 

4 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

So, any of you guys use teeth care kits? To brighten those gnashers? 

We take great care in pushing ourselves lifting iron/doing cardio (well, some of us), recording our nutrition to the point of weighing it, do sunbeds to make us glow, get on the gear..... how about teeth? 

I like my coffee first thing. Thinking about the 3D crest kits to try and brighten them up. Anyone use these? 

Are sun beds open???? I’ve got a fresh mix of MT2, dying to have a few sun beds. :(

Im waiting for my dentist to open properly so I can have them laser whitened. Takes about an hour I think. I’d rather have a professional do it, rather than buy something off the internet etc. Not that my teeth are bad, far from it. But I’m vain, as most of us probably are :whistling:

Interested to see if anyone has had good results with DIY kits.

54 minutes ago, DACTT said:

Are sun beds open???? I’ve got a fresh mix of MT2, dying to have a few sun beds. :(

Im waiting for my dentist to open properly so I can have them laser whitened. Takes about an hour I think. I’d rather have a professional do it, rather than buy something off the internet etc. Not that my teeth are bad, far from it. But I’m vain, as most of us probably are :whistling:

Interested to see if anyone has had good results with DIY kits.

I had mine done at a dentist about 10-11 years ago. Made a big difference. When I had mine done I got my appointment later in the afternmon as I’d been told by my brother it can be a bit uncomfortable. Plus I could get my coffee, food in for the day. 

Also, I got some painkillers and sensodyne toothpaste in to apply as teeth were pretty sensitive after. worked a treat. 

Mine are f**ked due to an overzealous Dentist in my younger years, and my mum throwing the teapot at me didn’t help: don’t ask...

Replaced all of my black amalgams with composite’s – I’m happy with the shade of my teeth at the moment not being great but there again I do drink a lot of black tea (& red wine) – and the thought of having to renew veneers  every 5 to 10 years is a bit of a bummer, especially as it’s usually in the £ks. Those poor f**kers on 10 years younger in 10 days, just setting themselves up for a hell of a lot of money to pay out in the future; f**k filing the teeth down to stumps anyway.

Electric toothbrush and “magic sponge” does the trick!

34 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

I had mine done at a dentist about 10-11 years ago. Made a big difference. When I had mine done I got my appointment later in the afternmon as I’d been told by my brother it can be a bit uncomfortable. Plus I could get my coffee, food in for the day. 

Also, I got some painkillers and sensodyne toothpaste in to apply as teeth were pretty sensitive after. worked a treat. 

Yeah I know a girl who had it done at dentist. But had it done on a freezing cold day and couldn’t go outside as it hurt so much.... worth the temporary bit of pain though I’d say

Use hydrogen peroxide. A trick I learned in America. A lot of the yanks use it after brushing.  Swill your mouth with it for 3 mins after each brushing session.

Really makes your teeth nice and white.

No need to get them professionally done for £800. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide solution is £2 from the pharmacy.

Its perfectly safe to use. Just don't swallow it, like an idiot :)

https://www.chemist-4-u.com/care-hydrogen-peroxide-solution-6-20-vols-200ml?gclid=CjwKCAjwg4-EBhBwEiwAzYAlsiMsJ1-tb9zZLezUdU_h8vm7i_ekTZ7JkCRG1GEB4dLd5TAgSgNX9xoCAuIQAvD_BwE

17 minutes ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Use hydrogen peroxide. A trick I learned in America. A lot of the yanks use it after brushing.  Swill your mouth with it for 3 mins after each brushing session.

No need to get them professionally done for £800. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide solution is £2 from the pharmacy.

https://www.chemist-4-u.com/care-hydrogen-peroxide-solution-6-20-vols-200ml?gclid=CjwKCAjwg4-EBhBwEiwAzYAlsiMsJ1-tb9zZLezUdU_h8vm7i_ekTZ7JkCRG1GEB4dLd5TAgSgNX9xoCAuIQAvD_BwE

This is what they use in the gel whitening after you have laser, right? You get a mould like a soft gum shield and inject the shield with gel to put in your mouth overnight. 

Just added. Might go have another coffee now. 

I had my two front teeth crowned about 25 years ago due to being damaged in an accident and they are still going strong now. My dentist has suggested that I will need to replace these in the next couple of years though and hopefully that set should last me a similar amount of time.

She has suggested that I should get the 2 teeth either side done at the same time and with some whitening it would completely change my smile. 

Tempting, price is about 2.4k not sure if that is good or not for 4 top quality material crowns and whitening treatment?

Someone on here reccomended newhappysmile that has different strength gels but it didn't do much for me. Absolutely killed when it got into a tooth to

2 hours ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Gona look into this. Do you do it yourself? Does the peroxide % matter?

37 minutes ago, Rhinoceros said:

I’ve read that 3%, which is what is sold in chemists, is safe volume to use. If you start using higher amounts, same as gear, risk v reward.

I don’t want to look like one of those cnuts off Instagram with stupidly white teeth. Just want to take the coffee edge off them. 

8 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

This is what they use in the gel whitening after you have laser, right? You get a mould like a soft gum shield and inject the shield with gel to put in your mouth overnight. 

Just added. Might go have another coffee now. 

Yep. A lot of dentists use high strength hydrogen peroxide to bleach your teeth when you pay hundreds to have them "done"... but the dentist has the last laugh because hydrogen peroxide sells for about £2 a bottle.

Just rinse your mouth with it every day, and hold it in your mouth for 5 mins, let it get to work. And then spit out. Make this part of your daily routine, and after a week you'll have noticeably brighter teeth. You do have to keep up to it, though. If you stop for a few weeks, they'll eventually fade back to their original colour again.

Everyone comments how amazing my teeth are... this is all I do.  It's nothing special, but everyone assumes I've spent thousands on them LOL

5 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

I’ve read that 3%, which is what is sold in chemists, is safe volume to use. If you start using higher amounts, same as gear, risk v reward.

I don’t want to look like one of those cnuts off Instagram with stupidly white teeth. Just want to take the coffee edge off them. 

3% is perfect. You will NOT get stupidly white teeth with 3%.

I've used 6%, which is also fine. Burns a little more, but gets them a bit whiter than 3%.

And then there is 9% which is far too strong, because I tried it once. Wouldn't recommend.

Go for 3 or 6%, both are fine.

It's not so much about the percentage, but more about how long you hold it in your mouth!!!  LOL

If you spit it out after 30 seconds, it won't do sh1t.

You need to swill around, and then hold the liquid in your mouth for like 5 mins. Do this every single day. You'll notice a difference after a week or two.

6 hours ago, Rhinoceros said:

Yeah, it's just a liquid in a bottle. Just use it the same way as mouthwash. Swill it around in your mouth, then hold it in your mouth for about 3-5 mins. Then spit out.

Do this every day and you will start to notice a real difference after about a week or so.

Iit's perfectly safe, as long as you don't drink it!

You can use 3% or 6%, both are fine. But I wouldn't reccommend anything stronger, as it will burn like hell.

1 hour ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Yeah, it's just a liquid in a bottle. Just use it the same way as mouthwash. Swill it around in your mouth, then hold it in your mouth for about 3-5 mins. Then spit out.

Do this every day and you will start to notice a real difference after about a week or so.

You can use 3% or 6%, both are fine. But I wouldn't reccommend anything stronger, as it will burn like hell.

Boots only had the 6%. Assistant said they hadn’t had any 3% in for ages.

£1-09 per bottle :beer:

3 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Boots only had the 6%. Assistant said they hadn’t had any 3% in for ages.

£1-09 per bottle :beer:

Nice. Let us know how you get on.

It can burn a little the first few times until your mouth gets used to it.

If you find it a little painful (with the burn) then water it down a tiny bit with tap water. 50/50.

1 hour ago, Chicken_Boy said:

If you find it a little painful (with the burn) then water it down a tiny bit with tap water. 50/50.

I’m going to water it down to begin with and see how I get on

On 24/04/2021 at 8:14 PM, Chicken_Boy said:

Got meself a bottle of the 6%. How long have you done it for?  Just read online people saying to never use it

On 24/04/2021 at 10:12 PM, PSevens2017 said:

I’m going to water it down to begin with and see how I get on

How's it working?

14 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Teeth whitening and sunbeds?

Ffs, it'll be the best lube for bumming next. 

Well that’s easy...... 50/50 evoo/beach sand but we generally discuss this with the non lifters in gen con, Tony. 

@Rhinoceros I used it neat on day 3, gave my teeth a bit of jip but nothing serious. Mixed it with a tiny bit of water 2:5 hydrogen peroxide. Bit early to tell as been working in the evenings straight after my day the last 2 days so missed those 2 days.

Think chicken boy said you had to use it continuously for 10/14 days continues to see some effect. As long as it lifts some of the coffee Staines and doesn’t cost me £500 I’ll be good with that.

Will continue this evening. Will update in a week. 

On 24/04/2021 at 6:59 PM, Chicken_Boy said:

Is this before or after brushing?

Danny

On 4/30/2021 at 5:31 AM, Shergar said:

Is this before or after brushing?

Danny

After

Do your usual twice a day brush, for 2 mins

then right after brushing, swill with the peroxide and hold in mouth

then spit after 3 mins

p.s. its important to do this every single day, with out skipping any days, or you arent going to see much benefit

make it part of your regular routine