Jump to content
jimmydeen

Jimmy’s Journal

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

How the  progress on the lifts going 

Bench has gone up 17.5kg for my 3 sets of 10.

Squat has gone up 25kg for my 3 sets of 10. 

RDL has gone up 20kg for my 3 sets of 10. 

Definitely happy with the progress so far :thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

Bench has gone up by 17.5kg for my 3 sets of 10.

Squat has gone up 25kg for my 3 sets of 10. 

RDL has gone up by 20kg for my 3 sets of 10. 

Definitely happy with the progress so far :thumbup1:

Sounds like great progress to me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my oestradiol result just now after it was delayed. Here’s my blood work. Currently 9.5 weeks into a 500mg Sustanon cycle. No AI used at all as i'm not experiencing any bad sides from elevated oestrogen. 

D2840F8D-5D8D-40FE-8194-B9BA7AB9411E.jpeg

3617C2B6-C8E7-4645-966A-C7EEA9C951C8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

Received my oestradiol result just now after it was delayed. Here’s my blood work. Currently 9.5 weeks into a 500mg Sustanon cycle. No AI used at all as i'm not experiencing any bad sides from elevated oestrogen. 

D2840F8D-5D8D-40FE-8194-B9BA7AB9411E.jpeg

3617C2B6-C8E7-4645-966A-C7EEA9C951C8.jpeg

So don't do anything. 

Oestrogen plays a key role in igf production, it helps with joint health and libido.

On cycle oestrogen control is only used to control side effects. 

Provided you're not spending the entire year with elevated oestrogen it won't cause any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swole troll said:

So don't do anything. 

Oestrogen plays a key role in igf production, it helps with joint health and libido.

On cycle oestrogen control is only used to control side effects. 

Provided you're not spending the entire year with elevated oestrogen it won't cause any issues.

Couple questions:

Is my prolactin high relative to the cycle i'm on? People say they experience ed and premature ejaculation with high prolactin but i'm experiencing the opposite. Could I just be able to handle higher prolactin than someone else?

Is my oestrogen high relative to the cycle i'm on? Could I just be able to handle higher oestrogen than someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimmydeen said:

Couple questions:

Is my prolactin high relative to the cycle i'm on? People say they experience ed and premature ejaculation with high prolactin but i'm experiencing the opposite. Could I just be able to handle higher prolactin than someone else?

Is my oestrogen high relative to the cycle i'm on? Could I just be able to handle higher oestrogen than someone else?

Your prolactin shouldn't be impacted by your cycle so could perhaps be another cause

Recheck during your off time, trt, 'cruise' whatever. 

Oestrogen is totally variable, some aromatase at a very high rate yet experience no external sides (gyno, bloat, water ret) others only aromatase a little and still get the oestrogenic related sides 

Totally individual, you're tolerant of the amount if you're tolerant IE you don't have coned nips and cry into bowls of haagen dazs at donkey sanctuary adverts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Felix11 said:

That's good steady progress almost a kg a week! How comes you want to up the food more? 

The scale hasn't really moved up since week 7 :( 

Here's my weight starting from week 1 - week 10. I weigh in every Monday. 

90.1 / 92.2 / 93.4 / 95.1 / 95.9 / 96.9 / 97.1 / 96.1 / 97.5 / 97.2

As you can see I got to 97.1 on week 7, then week 8, dropped 1kg, week 9 gained 1.4kg, week 10 lost 0.3kg. 

I can honestly say that I've not gained body fat from starting this cycle. Maybe I have but from what I can see through my pictures and how my jeans/trousers/shorts fit, there's no gain in the waist. If anything my jeans feel slightly looser :). All my shirts/tshirts/jumpers are all tighter around the shoulders/arms so looks like I've made some nice progress. 

I had a journal before with my starting physique but I deleted it. I'm gonna post before and after at the end of week 12. I'm not lean bear in mind. I started this at maybe 18-20%. (I'm 6'3 for reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

The scale hasn't really moved up since week 7 :( 

How many cals are you currently going over maintenance?

Good progress though if keeping the fat off :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TURBS said:

How many cals are you currently going over maintenance?

Good progress though if keeping the fat off :)

Maintenance is roughly 3000 and I’ve been eating 3200. Gonna up it to 3700. Apart from my PPL 6x a week, I’m really sedentary. I do a walk around my area which is 4000 steps but that’s about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

Maintenance is roughly 3000 and I’ve been eating 3200. Gonna up it to 3700. 

I would go up more gently, say another 200 over, then increase again if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you thought about measuring certain parts? ie waist, legs etc etc. Do it in the morning. I find that weighing daily (as soon as I get up) is better to get a true weight. So just take the average. I find it more accurate as weight can fluctuate with a variety of reasons. Sleep, stress, food, etc etc.

Solid progress though :thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TURBS said:

I would go up more gently, say another 200 over, then increase again if needed.

Yeah you’re right mate. Went to a regular gym today in over a year and a half as my mum has guess passes. Made me realise how much I prefer training at home lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DACTT said:

Have you thought about measuring certain parts? ie waist, legs etc etc. Do it in the morning. I find that weighing daily (as soon as I get up) is better to get a true weight. So just take the average. I find it more accurate as weight can fluctuate with a variety of reasons. Sleep, stress, food, etc etc.

Solid progress though :thumbup1:

Cheers bro, appreciate that! :) 

I don't measure body parts to be honest. I just go by photos. You're right about weighing weekly tho, I might start doing it daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jimmydeen said:

Cheers bro, appreciate that! :) 

I don't measure body parts to be honest. I just go by photos. You're right about weighing weekly tho, I might start doing it daily.

Probably best if you do it daily and take an average over the week.

I'd also recommend tracking fats and carbs as well as protein. You want to control and monitor as many variables as possibly so you can detect when something is or isnt working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Probably best if you do it daily and take an average over the week.

I'd also recommend tracking fats and carbs as well as protein. You want to control and monitor as many variables as possibly so you can detect when something is or isnt working.

I appreciate the dedication to track all macros diligently but this is a hobby for me and I enjoy eating out with the mrs occasionally etc. 
Have given up drinking alcohol tho. 6 months no booze. One night out would impact a whole week of training and wasn’t worth it for me. Other reasons I quit too but that’s the main one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimmydeen said:

I appreciate the dedication to track all macros diligently but this is a hobby for me and I enjoy eating out with the mrs occasionally etc. 
Have given up drinking alcohol tho. 6 months no booze. One night out would impact a whole week of training and wasn’t worth it for me. Other reasons I quit too but that’s the main one.

Amen. One drink bloats me for about 3 days. As much as I love a beer and want one I just feel a constant regret straight after I have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Felix11 said:

Amen. One drink bloats me for about 3 days. As much as I love a beer and want one I just feel a constant regret straight after I have one. 

Hangovers are just not worth it mate. I couldn’t have just one beer. As soon as I got slightly tipsy, I’d want more to the point of blacking out and doing dumb s**t. Then I’d be hungover for 2 days, vomiting and eating 0 calories. Then my lifts would suffer for a whole week and the cycle would continue. Sober life is better for me 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×