Sign in to follow this  
neverminder

You all know this guy

6 hours ago, Tonysco said:

The vast majority of these complaints can be solved by going to a better gym.

Anything that styles itself as a "fitness centre" or club, anything that has more cardio kit than barbells, anything that has some person swinging kettlebells or doing yoga as an advertisement etc... is best avoided like the plague. 

Any place that has nothing but bumper plates should also be avoided, how do they expect people to progress after they need more than 4ish plates on the bar? 

These guys are everywhere.

In the past I went to an "underground" gym on a converted old defunct factory floor that had dumbbells from 1 kg to 100 kg and the clientele struggled to fit through the door. Now I go to a fancy schmancy upscale gym that has it's own spa, medical, a dedicated restaurant and the whole yoga ѕhit, but it also has 24 squat racks and 10 000 sqm of gym space making it one of the largest gyms in the fuсking world.

These guys are everywhere.

5 hours ago, Simon90 said:

This 

Those people lifting with bumpers pretending they're 20s lol 

Technically these are bumper plates too, according to the manufacturer that is, and you can have a stack on a barbell heavy enough to crash through the fuсking floor :lol:

These are what they have at my gym, but they also have those fat vinyl ones or whatever the fuсk they are called.

plates_kit_hero_2.thumb.jpg.ed00f268f9a138710128060a0ad0d3f0.jpg

On 22/04/2021 at 10:21 PM, alphafit said:

I love the way people look at me when I curl at the squat rack....though no one ever says anything, but  the stares are priceless lol

That's cuz we make acceptance for the retarded 

21 hours ago, neverminder said:

Technically these are bumper plates too, according to the manufacturer that is, and you can have a stack on a barbell heavy enough to crash through the fuсking floor :lol:

These are what they have at my gym, but they also have those fat vinyl ones or whatever the fuсk they are called.

plates_kit_hero_2.thumb.jpg.ed00f268f9a138710128060a0ad0d3f0.jpg

Bumper plates are for Oly lifting, so you're always starting from the same hight. Despite what some might claim, not many people will start warming up for a snatch with 60kg, especially females. Guess they could also be useful for women deadlifting as well.

Plus Oly plates like those pictured are fu**ing expensive. You wouldn't trust your average gym goer with those.

I honestly avoid "fitness centres" - because it's mainly phaggots yuppies that hang out there. You know the kind - tshirt 2 sizes too small, spend more time looking at themselves (and others) than actually working out, and generally just want to be a centre of attention, rather than going there to put in some blood, sweat and tears.

For most of us, a gym is a place you WORK HARD. But for a good portion of the population, it's a place they go to ponce around and chat to everyone while not actually doing anything significant.

1 hour ago, sean m said:

That's cuz we make acceptance for the retarded 

I guess that’s why no one ever quotes you, but me   I am just not that accepting