UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

First day back at the gym thread

1K views 102 replies 42 participants last post by  Donny dog 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was up at 4:30 this morning buzzing for it, felt like I was about to go to a rave.

Got in there, sweet, sweet, camel toe everywhere, kettlebell swingin and squatting.

Hit the shoulder press, followed by the cables, the pump! I came.

Oh how I have missed you.

Come on people, let's hear your tales....

#4 ·
I was up at 4:30 this morning buzzing for it, felt like I was about to go to a rave.

Got in there, sweet, sweet, camel toe everywhere, kettlebell swingin and squatting.

Hit the shoulder press, followed by the cables, the pump! I came.

Oh how I have missed you.

Come on people, let's hear your tales....
Should of double dropped soon as you woke up

#17 ·
I waited until 8 am to miss the morning rush, place was packed. Loads of new people who've obviously eaten to much this last few months and starting back.

I'll be honest I nearly turned round and left.

Did a light back and biceps.

Should have just worked out at home. Think it's the future for me. Hate people.
I just came back from gym. It was a little busy but not too bad. I did everything I wanted and didn't have to wait for anything.

Also I was one of the people who ate too much last couple months :D

When I heard the date gyms were opening I just thought screw it, I will eat what I want then hammer back into it when gyms open. I still trained in my garage but a couple of times a week and nothing last 2 weeks.

#40 ·
Il defiantly be easing myself back in, done about 30mins and that was more than enough, no motivation, no strength and clock watching. What keeps me going at the gym is the numbers and its fair to say them numbers are at a all time low, just laying on the bench done my back in

#27 ·
Just got back myself! Checked the Pure app and by 6.30 this morning there were 96 members on site, give or take a few for logout lag. Not a fu**ing chance was I stepping into that battle royale!

Was 50ish at lunch and most of them were in the free weights bit which was a bit s**t, all the racks were occupied and stayed that way for the whole time I was there. Snagged a platform and just had to clean the bar up for squats and presses. The number of gym bunnies in there though, fu**ing hell, more than made up for it :thumb The absolute scorcher on the platform next to me looked like Allison Stokke but had a bigger ass and legs. Bigger legs I mean.. they both have legs.

676j51nyico51.jpg

Was great to be able to squat with more than 50kg for a change, really happy to be back!

#50 ·
Just got back myself! Checked the Pure app and by 6.30 this morning there were 96 members on site, give or take a few for logout lag. Not a fu**ing chance was I stepping into that battle royale!

Was 50ish at lunch and most of them were in the free weights bit which was a bit s**t, all the racks were occupied and stayed that way for the whole time I was there. Snagged a platform and just had to clean the bar up for squats and presses. The number of gym bunnies in there though, fu**ing hell, more than made up for it :thumb The absolute scorcher on the platform next to me looked like Allison Stokke but had a bigger ass and legs. Bigger legs I mean.. they both have legs.

676j51nyico51.jpg

Was great to be able to squat with more than 50kg for a change, really happy to be back!
Never seen her before. Stunning. I wouldn't hesitate in saying 'Do it now' if she offered me a 'Cleveland steamer'.

#28 ·
When I first arrived,

Squat rack 1, 3 lad's doing inclined bench with empty bar.

Squats rack 2, man bun guy doing front plate rases with 15kg plate then taking selfie (does have best lighting).

Deadlift platform hot yoga pants girl doing kettle bell workout, could of watched her all day.

So push session, flat bench, inclined machine, shoulder press, dip station, all free no waiting.

All the people I recognised are fat as fu@#.

#29 ·
Went in just to show support really, but as there was only a handful of people decided to do back there too. Felt good.

Scored a couple of boxes of Grenade bars for £10 a box where the lockdown had left them with a load of out of date stock.

I really feel for the Guy, he has done everything right there, and it's an amazing gym, but on top of all the Covid stuff, there is now a pretty substantial hardcore gym opening literally around the corner.

Add to this, a new Snap Fitness up the road (this officially open about a week before the first lockdown) .. and at least another three of these trendy little gyms that appear to be popping up in other businesses, such as martial arts schools, one was a running equipment shop before lockdown, now it's a little gym.

For all the talk about businesses failing during lockdown, it appear that others are using it as an opportunity?

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
Went in just to show support really, but as there was only a handful of people decided to do back there too. Felt good.

Scored a couple of boxes of Grenade bars for £10 a box where the lockdown had left them with a load of out of date stock.

I really feel for the Guy, he has done everything right there, and it's an amazing gym, but on top of all the Covid stuff, there is now a pretty substantial hardcore gym opening literally around the corner.

Add to this, a new Snap Fitness up the road (this officially open about a week before the first lockdown) .. and at least another three of these trendy little gyms that appear to be popping up in other businesses, such as martial arts schools, one was a running equipment shop before lockdown, now it's a little gym.

For all the talk about businesses failing during lockdown, it appear that others are using it as an opportunity?
Snap Fitness 24/7 have approved plans in my town, will be the first 24hr gym in the area, a much bigger threat to the 20 year family run established gym than Covid ever was.

#30 ·
Went this morning at 9am, quite a few people there but nothing crazy which was a pleasant surprise.

Did a bit of bench, squating and just general full body workout to ease myself back in.

Looking round the gym, the amount of guys who clearly havent done any exercise or stuck to their diets for the past few months... jesus christ. Majority of guys looking very sloppy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.