Sign in to follow this  
vetran

Do you guys prepare meals for the week ahead

Sounds good - cucumber gives me heartburn - best way of preparing it is cut off the dark green skin and discard, then throw away what’s left. 
On a serious note, have you ever tried raw courgette? An acquired taste, but I find it’s a fine addition to any salad. 

27 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Sounds good - cucumber gives me heartburn - best way of preparing it is cut off the dark green skin and discard, then throw away what’s left. 
On a serious note, have you ever tried raw courgette? An acquired taste, but I find it’s a fine addition to any salad. 

I like cucumber, it has a very refreshing taste. Like melon

26 minutes ago, safc49 said:

I like cucumber, it has a very refreshing taste. Like melon

They are both over 90% water. Watermelons and cucumber are both great when you're trying to cut calories.

i'd sooner just eat those "healthy" ready-meals. the "korean beef noodles" one in particular from aldi is proper nice. 300cal, 30g+ protein and like £1.80. probably going to start having 1 after the gym now that they're open again and thus cooking is no longer the most exciting part of the evening.

32 minutes ago, TRT said:

i'd sooner just eat those "healthy" ready-meals. the "korean beef noodles" one in particular from aldi is proper nice. 300cal, 30g+ protein and like £1.80. probably going to start having 1 after the gym now that they're open again and thus cooking is no longer the most exciting part of the evening.

You got a picture? We don't have an aldi over here

I work 12 hour shifts days and nights so meal prep is essential.

I also enjoy cooking so spending the day in the kitchen cooking 3 or 4 meals ahead for when I’m back at work isn’t something I find tedious or laborious.

Jamie Oliver’s cook books and the monthly Sainsbury’s magazine keeps things from getting monotonous as well.

Im going for Caribbean chicken curry, lamb and chickpea stew and spiced salmon with prawn fried rice as this weeks options.

I’ve got friends who aren’t even capable of making the absolute basics from scratch. There’s tales in the group chat of people eating frozen ready meals because they’re completely inept which is pretty shameful in my opinion.

i dont prepare for the week ahead but everytime i cook i make alot more than i need. i put the rest in bags and freeze it. its so much easier and cheaper (buying everything in bulk) than cooking a meal every day and i quite enjoy the game of 'what the fcuk are we having for tea tonight' cos i never label the bags.

On 11/04/2021 at 8:20 PM, vetran said:

Salad :-

potatoes

eggs

cheese

chicken

cucumber

lettuce

tomatoe

onions

salad cream

Keema rice recipe :-

rice

onions

lamb mince

curry powder

mushrooms

sliced garlic

peas and sweetcorn 

Garam masala

soy sauce

Where's the rohypnol? Take it that's only added as a seasoning when you have a guest over. 

My meal prep couldn't be simpler, 

I buy either beef mince or frozen chicken in 1kg bags. Lidl is ideal for the chicken, and Aldi is the best for the beef imo. 

Take it out the freezer to defrost before i leave for work, come home and all i have to do is cut it up and cook it in some kind of sauce, todays choice is sweet & sour chicken. 

Add in rice to the rice cooker or cut up potatoes and roast in the oven with some olive oil and thyme. Portion equally into glass containers and put into the fridge for the next day. 

All i then need to cook is my breakfast in the morning, the other parts of my diet don't need any cooking such as milk, cheese and yoghurt and fruit. At the weekend it's different however and usually me and the wife will cook a joint of meat for Saturday lunch and use it for leftovers Sunday. 

I've got a kilo of 5% fat mince defrosting in the house as we speak, it'll be getting fried up tonight with chilli powder, cumin and smoked paprika as well as some stock. Add in loads of fresh coriander just at the end and will be served with rice for tomorrow. 

Friday it'll be chicken in a thai green sauce with fresh red chillies and maybe even fried rice if i can be bothered to make it. 

No, I don't prep. I' never going to compete, so i don't see the point in being this strict with food. As regards my diet, it's not to clean, and not to dirty... I add dirty food tho because I'd stuggle to grow on a clean diet.

3 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Getting back in the habit of having more controlled meals. Working 12hr shifts needs some prep work otherwise you easily go off track 

IMG_20210411_164336.jpg

Very similar to how I do meals for work pal,not this week though finding it hard to find the time to prep meals..your picture has kicked me up the arse to get back on track :thumb

7 minutes ago, Restless83 said:

Very similar to how I do meals for work pal,not this week though finding it hard to find the time to prep meals..your picture has kicked me up the arse to get back on track :thumb

3 days meals at a time takes a good hour, but saves so much time when working a long shift, then straight to the gym. 

Bang my food in the microwave and while that's heating up, can get my stuff ready for the next day in work. 

Admittedly, it's not always that clean, but feels like a new start now gyms open again and hopefully holidays in summer!

4 hours ago, G-man99 said:

3 days meals at a time takes a good hour, but saves so much time when working a long shift, then straight to the gym. 

Bang my food in the microwave and while that's heating up, can get my stuff ready for the next day in work. 

Admittedly, it's not always that clean, but feels like a new start now gyms open again and hopefully holidays in summer!

You meals look spot on always looking for ideas for my own what's in the mince pal?

Hopefully holiday mate got Bulgaria booked 

1 hour ago, Restless83 said:

You meals look spot on always looking for ideas for my own what's in the mince pal?

Hopefully holiday mate got Bulgaria booked 

That one was just onions, stock, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning. Tonight I've got fajita spices in it. Chicken tonight is a Maggi flavour sheet mix. Rice I cook in stock and add peppers, peas etc. 

Keep it similar but change the flavours all the time 

30 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

That one was just onions, stock, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning. Tonight I've got fajita spices in it. Chicken tonight is a Maggi flavour sheet mix. Rice I cook in stock and add peppers, peas etc. 

Keep it similar but change the flavours all the time 

Thanks pal usually swap mine about as well mix and matching s**t to keep it interesting.

On 14/04/2021 at 9:35 AM, G-man99 said:

Getting back in the habit of having more controlled meals. Working 12hr shifts needs some prep work otherwise you easily go off track 

IMG_20210411_164336.jpg

Nice bit of meal prepping that :thumbup1:

Cook everything from scratch because of Covid and working from home. If things ever go back to normal then I'll do 3 days ahead max, anything past that must taste like s**t 

On 14/04/2021 at 9:35 AM, G-man99 said:

IMG_20210411_164336.jpg

Looks proper, mate. 

I’m a big fan of the maggi bag kits. Generally cut up 1.1kg chicken breast, 2 red onions add the maggi powder and an El Paso BBQ for extra kick. Then I’ll roast 1 pack of chestnut/Baby portabello shrooms and bulb of garlic in EVOO. Then parboil whole broccoli. 

Bag and freeze in portioned bags. Defrost when necessary. Worked out if I cook one maggi on Sat, one on Sunday, it’ll do me for the week plus evening meals as well. 

Only just started doing this as decided can’t be arsed to cook midweek after I get in from work as i get up at 4am to go train. 

I also blend a shake x 3 scoops whey, banana, cinnamon, semi skim milk/cashew milk and some oats to have after gym, mid morning and mid afternoon. Not lots but just enough to ward me off the free biscuits at work.