Sign in to follow this  
gymaddict1986

First online journal

With the v-bar, you can increase the stretch by trying to keep the elbows together from full arm extension till they meet the chest, then pull them around the ribcage. I find it improves engagement too. 

8 minutes ago, hmgs said:

With the v-bar, you can increase the stretch by trying to keep the elbows together from full arm extension till they meet the chest, then pull them around the ribcage. I find it improves engagement too. 

Yeah mate , I much prefer them .  Always been my go to lat exercise 

On 4/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, gymaddict1986 said:

Warm up Bodyweight chins  x3

wide grip pronated  Lat pull downs 

86kg 8.   73kg 13 

Dumbbell row 

60kg 9.  50kg 12 

Wide grip cable row 

100kg 12.  9

Shrugs triple drop set 

140kg 8. 100kg 12.   60kg 15 

High cable rear delts 

23kg 10.  18kg 10.  

Pump set 9kg 15

Close grip ez bar curls 

60kg including bar  8.    

50kg including bar 12 

Reverse barbell curls thumbless grip 

35kg 9.   25kg 15

Concentration curls 

15kg 15 reps

40 minutes cardio

quite happy with today’s session . Although the dumbbells still not fixed so ended up me getting the duct tape out to fix more weight onto the 50s and looking like a total bell end, but what ever it takes 

also realised I was lifting more than I thought last session as I forgot to count the weight of  the ez curl bar on the curls , so I have not jumped up in  10kgs just got the correct weight down now 

7A54278E-226B-45E3-9D95-012C6D8CFE01.jpeg

Haha, duct tape that is priceless mate. 

I've got 2 olympic dumbell handles I'm not using at the moment if you want to borrow them?

You could use them with the 10kg plates in the gym and just stick the collar on rather than the duct tape if thats works for you

8 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Haha, duct tape that is priceless mate. 

I've got 2 olympic dumbell handles I'm not using at the moment if you want to borrow them?

You could use them with the 10kg plates in the gym and just stick the collar on rather than the duct tape if thats works for you

Luckily enough gym was empty lol I can imagine the looks if it was packed .  And thanks mate I appreciate that ,I will deffo let you know :)

Week2 Day 6  Hamstrings, quads calves 

warm up 20,10,5,3,1

Romanian deadlifts 

180kg 7.   140kg 12 

Laying leg curls  

54kg 8.   45kg 10

Seated leg curls 

57kg 10.  50kg. 10

Wide leg press 

260kg 12 more in tank 

360kg 6

Free bar narrow  Squats 

140kg 8.  6.

Adductor  

57kg 8.  50kg 14

Abductor 

50kg 15,12

Calve raises.  Warm up 3x20 

70kg 14.  10

Seated calve raises

60kg 15  10

Ab work 

Leg raises 30,25,20

Cable crunches 

91kg whole stack  10,8.  

59kg 30

40 minutes cardio  

Slightly different warm up today due to the amount of people in gym 

not a bad session tonight but still improving on my lifts . Seriously debating on building my own set up , even if it takes a year , getting quite tired of having to wait for equipment hunting around for plates , loud look at me gym users.  May have to come a bit later lol come early tonight at 9:30 absolutely packed 

anyway full 2nd week done  going to take a  full day off tomorrow and recover to hit another push session .Still plenty of strength gains to be made while off , going to really milk this and keep training natty till my strength gains slow down . Possibly a few more weeks yet going to see how it goes and see how far I can push my self then jump on. 

Running on 4 hours sleep today as had severe insomnia the night before , but did ok all considering . Today’s  log 

Week 3 day 1 

rotator cuff x 3 

warm up on flat dumbbell bench x3 sets 

Flat barbell bench 

120kg 9.    110kg 9

Incline Db bench 

47.5kg 8 reps     37.5kg 9+ 2 rest pause  

Incline Db fly 

25kg 12      20kg 18

Db shoulder press 

35kg 7 reps.   27.5kg 10

Side lateral raises 

15kg 18.    10kg 25  drop set 5kg 20

Skull crushers 

40kg 12.   8

Tricep pushdowns 

45kg 10.   35kg 16

One arm reverse Tricep push down 

1 set  7kg 12

40 minutes cardio 

Week 3 day 2 

Deadlifts 

200kg 8.    210kg 4.      180kg 10

Close grip pull downs 

93kg 10.   79kg  12

Barbell rows 

120kg 6    100kg 10

Straight arm pull downs 

41kg 11.   32kg 18 

Db rear delts 

15kg  14.   10

Pump set 7.5kg     40 reps 

Barbell curls 

60kg 11.   7   

Hammer curls 

25kg 10.     20kg 16 +2 negatives 

Incline Db curls 

1 set 17.5kg 12 reps

40 minutes cardio 

I have bout of insomnia/s**t night sleep on cycle too...I'm not the best sleeper even when off. I'm sure I'd be a good solid 10lbs heavier if I was able to consistently sleep well 

Have you always trained arms with upper body? 

3 hours ago, Cronus said:

I have bout of insomnia/s**t night sleep on cycle too...I'm not the best sleeper even when off. I'm sure I'd be a good solid 10lbs heavier if I was able to consistently sleep well 

Have you always trained arms with upper body? 

I am not on cycle mate was just one of those nights .I have been off a couple of months now .   But plans to restart soon .But yes never had a direct arm day .  Usually get hit with push and pull although sometimes I may do chest and bi and shoulders and tri when I want to switch things up for a few months . Always revert back tho 

1 hour ago, gymaddict1986 said:

I am not on cycle mate was just one of those nights .I have been off a couple of months now .   But plans to restart soon .But yes never had a direct arm day .  Usually get hit with push and pull although sometimes I may do chest and bi and shoulders and tri when I want to switch things up for a few months . Always revert back tho 

Ah OK sorry I thought you had gone back on recently. I bet some interesting things will happen when you do introduce the aas back in 

Week 3  day 3 

Warm up leg extensions and leg curls x3

Sumo hack  squats 

210kg 7.   190kg 14

Narrow leg press 

250kg  25 reps     320kg. 12

Leg extensions 

63kg.  14  12 

Seated leg curls 

57kg 14  10. 

Laying leg curls 

50kg 12  ,12

Standing calve raises  3 warm ups 

70kg 13.  60kg 17

Seated calve raises 

60kg 15.    9

Ab work  Cable crunches  

Whole stack 91kg 20, 14, 8

Leg raises 

40 minutes cardio

Going  to see how I feel tomorrow in regards to recovery and having a  rest day , if I feel recovered then I will carry on the next 3 days then take my day off . But still happy with results , reps up weight up .

week 3 day 4

Rotator cuff x3 .

Machine Chest press 3x20 for blood flow 

Decline dumbbell bench 

55kg 7.   47.5kg 8

Incline barbell 

100kg 11    90kg 7 rest pause 1 

Cable fly 

Triple drop set 

Barbell shoulder press 

70kg 7 rest pause 1 

60kg 9

Side cable raises 

18kg 11. 8.    

14kg 20 reps 

Close grip bench 

90kg 10.    80kg 10 rest pause 2

Over head Tricep extensions 

35kg 11.     27.5kg 13

Rope push downs 

1 set  18kg 19.

40 minutes cardio 

Was an ok session tonight , did not record what I did on the cable fly as I had to use a different machine as was occupied by a group of lads surprise surprise , obviously machines can vary so did a triple drop set instead and will continue the log next time on my usual machine 

6 hours ago, Cronus said:

What kind of machines do they have at snap fitness? Hammer strength, cybex etc...? 

Matrix I believe .it’s not bad equipment have used worse . Leg press and hack squats pretty decent 

16 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Matrix I believe .it’s not bad equipment have used worse . Leg press and hack squats pretty decent 

Mate you should go to like a Tru gym if you have one and teat yourself. Cheap membership and far better equipment then Matrix imho. I couldn't get on with that stuff, same as what Pure gym is kitted out on

9 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Mate you should go to like a Tru gym if you have one and teat yourself. Cheap membership and far better equipment then Matrix imho. I couldn't get on with that stuff, same as what Pure gym is kitted out on

Don’t have a tru gym I think, it took me a while to get used to it coming from  using a old school spit and saw dust for 10 years , but I mostly use free weights to be honest.  The leg and hack squats what I mainly use is actually harder than the one at the old a school gym I come from .  

42 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Don’t have a tru gym I think, it took me a while to get used to it coming from  using a old school spit and saw dust for 10 years , but I mostly use free weights to be honest.  The leg and hack squats what I mainly use is actually harder than the one at the old a school gym I come from .  

Yeah the leg press wasn't half bad. But the rest of the machines I just found the profiles where a bit naff. 

I like to use machines for back then anything else

1 minute ago, Cronus said:

Yeah the leg press wasn't half bad. But the rest of the machines I just found the profiles where a bit naff. 

I like to use machines for back then anything else

Looked up the gym you were talking about, they have one in Maidstone , isn’t 24 hour tho 

2 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Looked up the gym you were talking about, they have one in Maidstone , isn’t 24 hour tho 

I think gym group is 24hrs and def the one near me has some decent machines, few racks. Only deal breaker is dbs only go up to 38kg or at least one near me does. 

4 minutes ago, Cronus said:

I think gym group is 24hrs and def the one near me has some decent machines, few racks. Only deal breaker is dbs only go up to 38kg or at least one near me does. 

Yeah l been to gym group some years back.  At the time the dumbbells only went up to 30kg. Luckily I only went for a shoulders and tri session . I believe they try not to attract the bodybuilder , steroid guys in their gyms why they keep the weights so low .so I was told buy a manager .  

can’t beat a old school gym , my last old school gym was 24 hour also , so was brilliant .  That was down in Hampshire tho as I come from aldershot but moved to kent a little over 2 years ago 

18 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Yeah l been to gym group some years back.  At the time the dumbbells only went up to 30kg. Luckily I only went for a shoulders and tri session . I believe they try not to attract the bodybuilder , steroid guys in their gyms why they keep the weights so low .so I was told buy a manager .  

can’t beat a old school gym , my last old school gym was 24 hour also , so was brilliant .  That was down in Hampshire tho as I come from aldershot but moved to kent a little over 2 years ago 

Mate you've got a quality physiue so whatever you are doing is obviously working with the equipment you have. 

I love free weight movements, nothing beats the feeling of pushing heavy compounds but when I train higher intensity, I feel machines, especially with the position to brace yourself really help me to keep in quality volume and not knacker out my joints. 

Id nevr manage longer than a 4 week training block if it was all free weights.. I'd need a deload 

2 hours ago, Cronus said:

Id nevr manage longer than a 4 week training block if it was all free weights.. I'd need a deload 

What sort of approach do you take to training mate , bro split , volume ? 

week 3 day 5

Warm up 

Close grip Supinated lat pull downs x3

Wide grip lat pull downs 

86kg 12.   8

Db row 

65kg 7.   50kg 15 

Wide grip cable row 

107kg 12.    100kg 14 

Shrugs triple drop set 

150kg 7.  120kg 8.  80kg 12

High cable rear delts 

23kg 13,  8.  

Close grip ez bar curls 

60kg 9    50kg 13.   

Pump set 30kg 30 reps 

Reverse barbell curls thumbless grip 

35kg 11.   25kg 20

Db concentration curl 

1 set 17.5kg 10+2 negatives 

Not a bad session tonight weight up  reps up . Not reached my natty peak yet , enjoying the progress . Have attached a video from tonight’s session , forgot my bands so got the trusty old duct tape out and taped them on again to the 50s. Altho I have ordered a set of Olympic handles so I can bang what ever I want on in future thanks to Cronus for the suggestion 

40 minutes cardio 

https://youtube.com/shorts/JV9BlHQDH3Q?feature=share

What sort of approach do you take to training mate , bro split , volume ? 

Usually do 5-6 week training blocks followed by a deload. Will start lower volume, higher intensity, then depending what I am priotising, e.g right it's back. I'll taper up the volume throhout the weeks, adding a few sets and drop sets final week before deload.

Split usually back, rest, legs, chest, rest, repeat. Start off with usually compounds dbs or BB then move to Smith, machines or cables. A bit of jp style with a bit extra volume on whatever body part I am prioritising

week 3 day 5

Warm up 

Close grip Supinated lat pull downs x3

Wide grip lat pull downs 

86kg 12.   8

Db row 

65kg 7.   50kg 15 

Wide grip cable row 

107kg 12.    100kg 14 

Shrugs triple drop set 

150kg 7.  120kg 8.  80kg 12

High cable rear delts 

23kg 13,  8.  

Close grip ez bar curls 

60kg 9    50kg 13.   

Pump set 30kg 30 reps 

Reverse barbell curls 

35kg 11.   25kg 20

concentration curl 

1 set 17.5kg 10+2 negatives 

Not a bad session tonight weight up  reps up . Not reached my natty peak yet , enjoying the progress . Have attached a video from tonight’s session , forgot my bands so got the trusty old duct tape out and taped them on again to the 50s. Altho I have ordered a set of Olympic handles so I can bang what ever I want on in future thanks to Cronus for the suggestion 

40 minutes cardio 

https://youtube.com/shorts/JV9BlHQDH3Q?feature=share

Haha the duct tape again. Should of just borrowed the dumbell handles off me mate saved you a few quid. 

You train after midnight? 

Very decent form mate, impressive to see especially going that heavy, zero momentum. You're a strong fucker