Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gymaddict1986

First online journal

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Been debating on a online journal for a while now and gyms are opening next week so now I thought would be a good time to start .  Current photos attached of current condition . No heavy training in lockdown ,have been maintaining with band work and bodyweight . So I am sure there will be a lot of progress to be made . Currently 3-4 weeks post pct so Will be training natural for 6 weeks doing a natty cut to shed some body fat before I jump back on a cycle . 

I will be doing a push pull legs over 6 days  


Will update more on Monday 

461765D5-12F0-416E-A342-D19745E0A8AC.jpeg

2EC64174-749C-4BB3-88F9-4D821E30CC96.jpeg

DC32FD03-8177-4664-A180-30859AF69EB5.jpeg
 

 

Edit ———

 

cycle started at page 5

Edited by gymaddict1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vitamins first thing in the morning 

5000mg omega 3

  5000iu d3 

2 electrolyte tabs 

15mg zinc 

2000mg vitamin c 

will also be using 5mg cialis pre workout with a scoop of kill it reloaded.  Off cycle so will want a good pump lol 

 

F4AD9EB2-10C5-4F24-9C5D-5BD1B474DFE8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Thanks for following mate . I Iive in Sittingbourne . How about you 

I recently returned back to Rochester after leaving my work in Tunbridge Wells for last 5 years.

Any decent gyms in Sittingbourne?

We have a UFC gym opening up soon which looks promising 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cronus said:

I recently returned back to Rochester after leaving my work in Tunbridge Wells for last 5 years.

Any decent gyms in Sittingbourne?

We have a UFC gym opening up soon which looks promising 

Yeah your virtually down the road from me . Yeah there are decent gyms in sittingbourne, there is a hardcore gym called bedrocks and snap fitness.  I go to snap fitness as it’s 24 hour and I like to train late and the equipment is decent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Yeah your virtually down the road from me . Yeah there are decent gyms in sittingbourne, there is a hardcore gym called bedrocks and snap fitness.  I go to snap fitness as it’s 24 hour and I like to train late and the equipment is decent 

Just looked at bedrocks looks decent. I know of snap, the guy who owns it is the one opening up the new ufc I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Just looked at bedrocks looks decent. I know of snap, the guy who owns it is the one opening up the new ufc I believe. 

I would love to go to bedrocks but the times don’t suit me to be honest . I have been in to look around , has some great equipment he also has a supplement shop in the gym.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Day 1 week 1 

Rotator cuff x3

warm up chest press machine  3x15-20 To pump some blood in the area 


Flat bench warm up  5,3,2,1

Working sets

120kg 6     Back off set  110kg 8  

 

Incline dumbbell bench   

40kg 10.     back off 35kg 9

 

Incline Db fly 

22.5kg  12.     Back off set  20kg 15

 

Db shoulder press 

37,5kg 6.   Back off set  30kg 8

 

Side Db lateral raises 

warm up 10kg 12.   

15kg 12  back off set 7.5kg 20

 

Skull crushers 

30kg. 13.   Back off set 25kg 15 reps 

 

Tricep pushdowns 

41kg 8.   Back off set  32kg 15 reps 

 

Cardio 

Cross trainer 20 minutes  200 calories.   

Bike 20 minutes  200 calories

 

25g dextrose +2 scoops whey protein pwo

 

now buzzing for the next session 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting my diet off on 250g ish  of carbs so will monitor and adjust as I need it to.
 

meal 1.    100g oats 100g frozen summer fruits 2 scoops whey 

 

meal 2. 2 thin bagels 5 whole eggs tin of tuna handful of spinach 

 

meal 3.  200g rice cooked weight 250G chicken breast half tin of tomatoes 50g cashew nuts 


meal 4 100g rice cooked weight 250g chicken breast half tin of tomatoes 1 whole Grapefruit

50g cashews  nuts 


Bedtime  Tin of tuna . Handful of spinach chopped onion sweetcorn 

around 4 litres of water drunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

week 1 day 2 

Warm up for blood flow 

good mornings super set bent rows 3x20


Deadlifts   Warm up 5,3,2,1

200kg 6 reps.   180kg  8

 

Close grip pull downs   

86kg 10.     Back off set  73kg 12

 

Barbell rows

100kg 9 reps.    Back off 80kg 11

 

Straight arm pull downs  

36kg 11.     Back off  27kg 15

 

Bent over laterals laying on bench 

10kg 14.      7kg 20 reps.  

Drop set 5kg 25 reps plus 5 half reps 

 

Strict Barbell curls 

60kg 8.     Back off set 50kg 12

 

Hammer curls  across the body 

22.5kg  11 

Back off  20kg 13 reps + 1 negative

 

25g dextrose  2 scoops whey  then home for a meal 30 minutes later . 
 

i won’t post food up every day as it’s basically  all the same most days I just upper and lower carbs as I need to 

 

60 minutes cardio . Split session cardio and weights 

Cross trainer 30 minutes 320 calories 

Bike  30 minutes plus 5 minute cool down 445 calories

 

765 Cals

around 5-6 litres  of water today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aching like a absolute bitch today! But to  be expected without lifting any iron for 3 months  . So legs tomorrow then a day off for me . Looking forward to lifts going up tho and making improvements. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can push my limits naturally and then jump back on cycle and make some gains 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mate, looking solid. ??

Can I ask why your cutting rather than just maintaining? Especially as your just off PCT, so I’m guessing your body is still recovering? Would just a maintenance be more sensible? Will probably help you with getting back in the gym too ie more nutrients etc etc. Your pure muscle mass will knock the bit of “COVID fat” off ??. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DACTT said:

Hi mate, looking solid. ??

Can I ask why your cutting rather than just maintaining? Especially as your just off PCT, so I’m guessing your body is still recovering? Would just a maintenance be more sensible? Will probably help you with getting back in the gym too ie more nutrients etc etc. Your pure muscle mass will knock the bit of “COVID fat” off ??. 

Not really worried as I hold onto muscle quite well to be honest.  I am not really doing a full blown cut . Just a little trim . Then jumping on .  Did the same last cycle . Had no issues . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

week 1 day 2 

Warm up for blood flow 

good mornings super set bent rows 3x20


Deadlifts   Warm up 5,3,2,1

200kg 6 reps.   180kg  8

 

Close grip pull downs   

86kg 10.     Back off set  73kg 12

 

Barbell rows

100kg 9 reps.    Back off 80kg 11

 

Straight arm pull downs  

36kg 11.     Back off  27kg 15

 

Bent over laterals laying on bench 

10kg 14.      7kg 20 reps.  

Drop set 5kg 25 reps plus 5 half reps 

 

Strict Barbell curls 

60kg 8.     Back off set 50kg 12

 

Hammer curls  across the body 

22.5kg  11 

Back off  20kg 13 reps + 1 negative

 

25g dextrose  2 scoops whey  then home for a meal 30 minutes later . 
 

i won’t post food up every day as it’s basically  all the same most days I just upper and lower carbs as I need to 

 

60 minutes cardio . Split session cardio and weights 

Cross trainer 30 minutes 320 calories 

Bike  30 minutes plus 5 minute cool down 445 calories

 

765 Cals

around 5-6 litres  of water today 

LMAO, 2nd day in the gym after months off and can still DL 200kg comfortably

And 60kg Barbell curls f**k me no wonder you have such thick arms. I use half that weight, probs why my arms are s**t lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

week 1 day 3
 

Warm up , light leg extensions and leg curls 

 

Sumo Hack squats  warm up  5,3,2,1

 200kg  8.    Back off 170kg 10

 

Narrow Leg press 1  light warm up set 

240kg 15 reps.    300kg 11 

 

Leg extensions 

Set 1 57kg 12.  Set2 57kg 9

 

Light hamstrings  work 

Seated leg curls  

50kg 12. Back off 40kg 19 reps 

 

Laying Leg curls  

32kg 15.   32kg 10 

first time using this machine as its new so getting the feel for it 

 

Calves

Warm up for blood flow 

Standing super set seated 3x20

 

Standing calves  

60kg 12.   50kg 11. 


Seated calve raises 

60kg 8.  50kg 10

 

Ab work  thought I would start throwing this in . Never really done much ab work but what the heck 

Cable crunches 

64kg 20,  77kg  15. 10 

 

Straight Leg raises 

20, 16,12

 

decided to ease back off on the cardio , bit to much to soon , felt like a train hit me last night laying in bed , got to listen to the body So going to work up to the timing .  40  minutes cardio done today low intensity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cronus said:

LMAO, 2nd day in the gym after months off and can still DL 200kg comfortably

And 60kg Barbell curls f**k me no wonder you have such thick arms. I use half that weight, probs why my arms are s**t lol

Thanks mate, I find low volume hi intensity sets gets the poundages up a lot quicker . You will get there :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems with cardio now more and more guys relying on steps. I've seen guys even do this purely as a form of cardio during prep. I've done this on my last two dieting phases and works quite well whilst not taking away from training sessions and managing fatigue. 

Only downside is time management/efficiency. It takes like 90 to 100 mins to get in 10000 steps equating roughly to about 500kcals. I could bang this out on a stepper on 40 mins... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Seems with cardio now more and more guys relying on steps. I've seen guys even do this purely as a form of cardio during prep. I've done this on my last two dieting phases and works quite well whilst not taking away from training sessions and managing fatigue. 

Only downside is time management/efficiency. It takes like 90 to 100 mins to get in 10000 steps equating roughly to about 500kcals. I could bang this out on a stepper on 40 mins... 

Yeah they have a huge stepper at my gym, killer on the glutes   . Don’t think I could do cardio for 100 minutes would bore the s**t out of me lol   Cardio is a love hate relationship for me .  As you say 40 minutes job done .:thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day off tomorrow

will do some light cardio and that be it 

next push pull legs will be different . Different exercises for variety and in different order  so hamstrings then quads ect . Will update more then , hope everyone had a good first week at the gym 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DACTT said:

Hi mate, just a quick one. Why do you do cardio? Calories? Heart health? Fitness? 

Depends on what I am doing really . But mostly for heart health and fitness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×