Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Predict the outcome of the Chauvin/George Floyd trial

14 hours ago, Donny dog said:

I’ve got to ask, because everything I’m reading from you is leading me to thinking you’re looking for an excuse not to prosecute the man!

So I’ll ask you a direct question. Do you believe the cops actions led to the death of George Floyd?

Chauvin's actions absolutely 100% contributed to his death. 

Whether or not Chauvin was legally justified in those actions is the point of the trial though. 

Had Chauvin not been on his neck, would George Floyd still be alive? Absolutely

Had Floyd not resisted arrest would be be alive? Absolutely

Had Floyd not passed fake money, would he be alive? Absolutely. 

None of this matters ... But 

If Chauvin had been off that day, and another officer been in his place, would things have gone exactly the same way, just with a different officer on Floyd's neck?     That's what the trial has to establish.

So far all we have heard is the Prosecutions witnesses,  All we should have heard by this point is an inarguable case for "Guilty", but instead we have seen the Defence open up some pretty significant leads for the defence to pick apart.

Probably most surprising was the medical witness yesterday (lady with short dark hair and glasses) who gave a gift to the defence by completely ruling out any impact additional factors apart from Chauvin's knee as cause of death. This is going to be a huge door opener for the defence, as now all they have do is provide expert testimony that refutes this, and she becomes discredited.

Also, the guy who said he was able to ascertain cause of death simply watching the videos, again, a reach too far that the defence will probably pick apart.

Anyone who thinks this is an open and shut case surely can't be paying attention?  I agree he is probably going to be found guilty, and probably should be found guilty of some kind of manslaughter/death by negligence if it can't be proven that he didn't stray from protocol, but he didn't murder him, and he certainly didn't murder him because he is black,  .. or because the police are institutionally racist and kill black men for sport as the media would love you to believe.

3 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

Cool. Make a thread about it.

Uproar when a Junky dies? Millions die of starvation nobody cares. FML the easily led general public need putting in pens so they can moo like cows:lol:

2 minutes ago, RDX said:

Uproar when a Junky dies? Millions die of starvation nobody cares. FML the easily led general public need putting in pens so they can moo like cows:lol:

Or tumble weeds when a black child gets shot in a drive by. Well only if black shooter, big news if shooter white. Race baiting is big business. BLM co-founder just brought a million dollar home in a white area.

3 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Not at all. You’re just too much of a coward to actually say what you really mean, because it’s racist.

Yeah I’m racist because I give more of a f**k about 3.2 million black kids who haven’t committed any crimes and were just born in the wrong place to then die of starvation than I do George Floyd ffs you’re completely blinkered. 

2 hours ago, Donny dog said:

You’re making a terrible fuss of the fact you don’t think he was killed by the copper for someone who apparently doesn’t care!

More to do with its not even on the list of terrible things happening in the world but morons will lap up s**t fed to them by morons I guess.

9 hours ago, RDX said:

No it’s not a meme lol 5 men turned up at a woman’s house suspecting she had drugs there and there intention was to rob her at gun point.

It was a meme and that's where you got it although other right wing sources like Candace Owens were also pedaling it. As I said, police report shows she wasn't pregnant and Floyd didn't beat her. Still doesn't make it a pleasant thing to do but why make someone out to be considerably more unpleasant than they are especially when they've been murdered?

6 hours ago, spod said:

Cheers for the correction, dude...on further inspection, it appears that may be hearsay.

I hope we can both agree that if, like George Floyd, you rob a person at gunpoint, whether they be a pregnant woman or not, it kinda makes you a piece of sh1t.

Again, that doesn't excuse ba5tards like Chauvin kneeling on a man's neck for minutes after he loses consciousness and pi55es himself in the street.

If Chauvin spends another day outside a jail cell, it'll be one too many for my liking!

My point is that while both men were/are despicable human beings, you can't convict someone of murder because they are a wrong 'un and you believe they deserve it, or (as is definitely true in this case) because the preponderance of evidence suggests they killed someone. A murder conviction is only made after a killing is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

I think it's gonna be very hard for the prosecution to do that.

I do agree to an extent although there is more evidence that Floyd had changed his ways since his prison sentence more than 10 years ago than kept on the same criminal trajectory.  This is evidenced simply by the lack of any convictions over the last decade and I already posted the statements made by his employer and land lord jovanni thunstrom who described him as a great colleague who the clients at the bar restaurant loved, who got along with everyone of every creed and would go the extra mile to help people out. Even the owner of the store Cup Foods he was allegedly trying to defraud with fake notes said he always got along with him , describing him as a big teddy bear who would come in a few times a week to pay his phone bill. He questioned whether Floyd knew the notes were fake as he said in his experience as store owner people don't wait around outside after using fake notes.

Basically I do not believe anything is ever black or white and most of the time people aren't wholly good or wholly evil. What irritates me about the GF scandal is that people either depict him as a saint or the devil. It also irritates me that his past is even brought into it as it has no bearing on the court proceedings. There are plenty of other people, who were more upstanding and also unarmed who were wiped out by police although I'm sure people with an axe to grind can dig up something to discredit those murder victims too.

34 minutes ago, charlysays said:

It was a meme and that's where you got it although other right wing sources like Candace Owens were also pedaling it. As I said, police report shows she wasn't pregnant and Floyd didn't beat her. Still doesn't make it a pleasant thing to do but why make someone out to be considerably more unpleasant than they are especially when they've been murdered?

To be honest it was month’s and months ago but I’m sure it was from  police reports on his criminal record written by cops.

2 hours ago, GMDJ said:

Or tumble weeds when a black child gets shot in a drive by. Well only if black shooter, big news if shooter white. Race baiting is big business. BLM co-founder just brought a million dollar home in a white area.

I’m glad you see it mate...what’s those things they put on shire horses. Oh yeah that’s it BLINKERS:lol:

Anyway seen as I’m a hyper sensitive black man why aren’t there any brown emoji? BOYCOTT UKM it’s racist:001_tt2:

4 hours ago, Donny dog said:

You’re making a terrible fuss of the fact you don’t think he was killed by the copper for someone who apparently doesn’t care!

hes a nugget mate.

OMG! I’ve just seen a movie called White Chicks! Luckily I’m not a hypersensitive white person because I’d be a the next protest you mark my words.

2 hours ago, RDX said:

To be honest it was month’s and months ago but I’m sure it was from  police reports on his criminal record written by cops.

Here is the police report. Victim wasn't pregnant and GF didn't beat her. The fact these malicious lies are very widespread is quite concerning as it paints GF in a significantly worse light than is actually the case and people seem only too happy to lap it up and spread it... For some reason.

capture_decran_le_2020-06-16_a_09.21.10.png

10 minutes ago, charlysays said:

Here is the police report. Victim wasn't pregnant and GF didn't beat her. The fact these malicious lies are very widespread is quite concerning as it paints GF in a significantly worse light than is actually the case and people seem only too happy to lap it up and spread it... For some reason.

I’d agree, the misinformation about his victim being pregnant is probably what stopped him from getting the Nobel Peace Prize that he deserved for this wonderful work. 

He is a great loss. Now we must focus on making the streets safe by taking Chauvin off of them,  Only then will black folks be able sleep soundly in their beds ...assuming they aren’t killed by other black folks that is,  which is significantly more likely than them getting killed by a cop. 

45 minutes ago, charlysays said:

Where did you get that from? Not that I actually give a f**k.

3 hours ago, RDX said:

:boohoo::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::death: 

I do think he'll get not guilty. I'm not that bothered anyway. Like you said further up, there's many many black people dying that no one gives a f**k about. People only care because the killer was white. 

1 hour ago, MrBrightside said:

I do think he'll get not guilty. I'm not that bothered anyway. Like you said further up, there's many many black people dying that no one gives a f**k about. People only care because the killer was white. 

Race bait at it’s best. Them kids are just kids no different to me or you when we were young and not even BLM give a s**t. We’re witnessing hypocrisy at an astonishing level.

3 hours ago, charlysays said:

Re the bolded.

I wonder what their motivation is ? The mind boggles :lol:

American police are more violent, but what do you expect in a country where any interaction between the police and the public can end up with someone getting shot? The people of the USA have painted themselves into a corner by arming everyone - of course, the police are going to treat people as a serious threat at all times. Not that they should randomly kneel on people's necks though.