Sign in to follow this  
gymaddict1986

Motivational gym thread

That Tom Platz squatting is incredible, would todays top pros even have the conditioning to do something similar? Maybe they do, i don't know but a lot sound out of breath just talking. 

The Chuck V squat looked scary as ha expecting his knees to cave any moment. 

Westside v the world is a good watch, some quality training in there by some pretty insane individuals. 

I think Serge actually looked better than Arnold, more complete. His physique looks like a piece of art. 

51 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Arm to waist ratio. :thumb

I saw him compete in the Junior Mr Britain many years ago. He was so confident that when he came out for his posing routine he ambled onto the stage and simply held up his fore finger as if to say "I'm No.1" then walked straight off again. The compare (NABBA president Oscar Heidenstam) dryly said "let's hope he makes top 10 or that's going to be embarrassing". Of course he won and even though he was only a junior he could probably have taken the Mister contest too. He had so much potential it was unreal. He won NABBA Universe having lived on a diet of only fish for the 12 weeks leading up to the contest. The other competitors said he absolutely stunk! Unfortunately he didn't make the mark on the IFBB he should have - probably not helped by being so associated with NABBA. He eventually retired to run his own gym in Australia. 

Just a very short clip highlights that tiny waist here:

Just now, gymaddict1986 said:

Tom platz still got the wheels At age 65 Calls them  left over I believe 

I had his Pro Style Bodybuilding book years ago, I also had one by Vince Gironda and I think I had Beyond Brawn as well as Arnies Encyclopaedia of BB.
I also had a pile of old magazines all of which were given to me. 
Platz always amazed me with his feats of squat strength(for reps in particular). 

4 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I saw him compete in the Junior Mr Britain many years ago. He was so confident that when he came out for his posing routine he ambled onto the stage and simply held up his fore finger as if to say "I'm No.1" then walked straight off again. The compare (NABBA president Oscar Heidenstam) dryly said "let's hope he makes top 10 or that's going to be embarrassing". Of course he won and even though he was only a junior he could probably have taken the Mister contest too. He had so much potential it was unreal. He won NABBA Universe having lived on a diet of only fish for the 12 weeks leading up to the contest. The other competitors said he absolutely stunk! Unfortunately he didn't make the mark on the IFBB he should have - probably not helped by being so associated with NABBA. He eventually retired to run his own gym in Australia. 

Interesting info. Again, i enjoyed reading this like your earlier post. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I had his Pro Style Bodybuilding book years ago, I also had one by Vince Gironda and I think I had Beyond Brawn as well as Arnies Encyclopaedia of BB.
I also had a pile of old magazines all of which were given to me. 
Platz always amazed me with his feats of squat strength(for reps in particular). 

You mean this one :) , I have the Arnold encyclopaedia also , but is the newer edition without Bertile fox .  Both great reads . Platz had a incredible mind set , not many like that today . Quite a few videos on YouTube of him training pros 

1C8D7F51-160D-4C39-A8B6-278DA957CB87.jpeg

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Who wouldn’t want a physique like that? Maybe a bit drier, but close to ideal for me. 

Edited by hmgs
+1 for kazza’s commentary

1 hour ago, gymaddict1986 said:

You mean this one :) , I have the Arnold encyclopaedia also , but is the newer edition without Bertile fox .  Both great reads . Platz had a incredible mind set , not many like that today . Quite a few videos on YouTube of him training pros 

Yeah that’s the one. 

1 hour ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Anyone got a pdf link for it?

On 08/04/2021 at 9:44 PM, gymaddict1986 said:

Tom platz still got the wheels At age 65 Calls them  left overs I believe. Always loved this guys passion . Very motivating  

The Quadfather :lol: Brilliant. Awesome legs. Really quick posing routine too. 

On 08/04/2021 at 9:46 PM, Kazza61 said:

That shot when he’s crouched down towards the end!!!!! Kin-el! Awesome.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Kazza. Much appreciated. Second what Blue said.