feelinfine

Slin pins for IM injections?

The oils I have are pretty thick and the plunger on slin pins seem pretty flimsy compared to reg 3ml syringes. How hard do you have to push down to squeeze the oil through?

I know some people go subq with low volume but I was planning on using 1ml barrels for IM.

Anyone here use slin pins for IM over large volume syringes?

I use slin pins for up to 1 ml in delts, would never go back to blues unless you are injecting a lot of volumne but slins are so easy on scar tissue etc you could rotate delts and inject them every other day. Reasonable force to get oil out but ive never had an issue with them.

Can you use ordinary slin pins for delts?

Surely wont go deep enough.

I've got these. BD Micro Fine+ 0.5ml Insulin Syringe & Needle 30g x 8mm x 100

Thanks

1 hour ago, mrpitbull said:

Thanks

Yes if your lean enough. I use 0.5inch 30g for delts with no problems at all on trt, I use greens to draw then back fill the slin pin and job done.

1 hour ago, mrpitbull said:

Thanks

I use BD 1ml, 29g, 12.7mm & they are definitely deep enough in delts/chest/tri's, ive used them for ages & would never go back to blues/oranges now. you can draw with them as well, just flip them upside down in a water bottle and leave for 2 mins.

8 hours ago, feelinfine said:

The oils I have are pretty thick and the plunger on slin pins seem pretty flimsy compared to reg 3ml syringes. How hard do you have to push down to squeeze the oil through?

I know some people go subq with low volume but I was planning on using 1ml barrels for IM.

Anyone here use slin pins for IM over large volume syringes?

Have done. Never any issues. 

4 hours ago, sos2008 said:

I use BD 1ml, 29g, 12.7mm & they are definitely deep enough in delts/chest/tri's, ive used them for ages & would never go back to blues/oranges now. you can draw with them as well, just flip them upside down in a water bottle and leave for 2 mins.

I found some 1ml syringes that have luer locks so I could just swap the needles. The barrel is so thin I was worried that thick oils would cause the plunger to get stuck. But sounds like it is not a problem. Thanks.

We have a 27g,29g and 30g insulin syringe if you want something a bit bigger so the oil flows faster.  Always found back filling a PITA and insulin syringes aren’t the cheapest.  

https://ukmedi.co.uk/1ml-0-5-27g-unisharp-syringe-needle/

if it’s scar tissue you’re worried about there are options for disposable needles that are 25/27 gauge. 

1 hour ago, GMme said:

so is there something even smaller than orange 22g? sorry if off topic a bit

Orange is 25g

Brown is 26g

Grey 27g

You’ve got yellow 30g

we sell 32g needles that are specific to facial injections as well

1 hour ago, GMme said:

Yes insulin needle's are much thinner and smaller, i use to pin delts with orange's but then made the switch to insulin pins. they are so much better on scar tissue, easier etc would never go back. i can pin delts every day if needed as they are so easy on scar tissue.

im flumoxed by the sizes. Maybe mine are iffy but they have an orange plastic bit and on the back say 22g...

So higher the number the larger the pin?

excuse the jacked images... 

these are the ones i am using

looking at it now it doesn maybe more appear to be yellow, not orange, i dunno, pretty confusing if yellow or orange

56 minutes ago, GMme said:

excuse the jacked images... 

these are the ones i am using

looking at it now it doesn maybe more appear to be yellow, not orange, i dunno, pretty confusing if yellow or orange

Yea those look like the standard oranges, 25g, 1" i think they are. Insulin pins are about half the size and half the thickness of them - much less stress on the skin injecting them.

if you enjoyed going from blacks to oranges try going from oranges to slin's in delts, you wouldnt be able to use them in glutes tho.

Bigger the number, smaller the diameter of the needle.

Colours SHOULD always be the same number, but there are quite a few occasions where there are multiple sizes with the same colour.  Confusing eh.

58 minutes ago, sos2008 said:

you wouldnt be able to use them in glutes tho.

Quads ok? providing its skin n muscle, no fat on them?

never done delts

Thank you both for the help

6 minutes ago, GMme said:

Quads ok? providing its skin n muscle, no fat on them?

never done delts

Thank you both for the help

As long as your lean should be fine, i've never pinned quads myself. Delts, tri's, chest are fine also.

19 hours ago, GMme said:

22g is a harpoon. Fine for drawing but I would never use anything that big to pin.

I've always just used 23G (blue) in my glutes. 

Sorry for the ignorance but why not just use them and get the injection done quicker? Seems odd to f**k around like you're pushing a golf ball through a garden hose by injecting oil in pins the width of a human hair.