Sign in to follow this  
Skan89

Advice and Plan

Hello,

With the gyms reopening here as of April 12th I thought I would keep an online diary this time, and give a plan of what I want to do.

Height = 5ft 8 / 173cm
Weight = 93kg / 205lbs

My BMI puts me in the clinically obese population apparently so I'm thinking I need to lose the stomach.

Some photos of me attached. Some letting it all hang out, others "tensing"

The goal is to build 
muscle and lose fat at the same time (I can hear the gasps and scoffs already).
Perhaps losing the fat around the stomach and lower chest whilst maintaining (and defining) the muscle I have is also the way to go.

For the first weeks back I'm to enjoy lifting weights again and going for a calories surplus of around 300.
First week of May will be maintaining.

Then onwards deficit of 10%. I have never in my life tried to lose weight or "cut". So this is all new to me.

The programme I plan to follow is . . . I cannot find the link right now but when I do I will post it. It is a PPL programme. 
2 Days on, 1 Day off, repeat. 

I will also do a 1km of Sprinting / jogging on the treadmill after. This will raise by 100m each week, slow and steady wins the race.

Some questions for you;

1) How do you calculate calories used when lifting weights?

2) Thoughts on my physique (I'm mentally prepared for a pasting here)

3) What would you do?

webcam-toy-photo5.jpg

webcam-toy-photo4.jpg

webcam-toy-photo3.jpg

webcam-toy-photo2.jpg

webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

Edit of my original post. What swole troll says. Track what you eat on MyFitnessPal (free app). You can work out your tdee here: https://tdeecalculator.net/

The above will calculate bulking and cutting calories with various macro options. Basically minus 500 on tdee should see you lose about 2lb a week. Obviously plus 500 will see you gain weight by the same amount. Adjust calories up or down as required. I’m afraid there isn’t a way of telling how many calories you’ll burn when lifting weights. Too many variables. For example, your base tdee would be higher if you were cold as the body would use more calories keeping your core temperature up.

10 minutes ago, Skan89 said:

1) How do you calculate calories used when lifting weights?

2) Thoughts on my physique (I'm mentally prepared for a pasting here)

3) What would you do?

webcam-toy-photo5.jpg

webcam-toy-photo4.jpg

webcam-toy-photo3.jpg

webcam-toy-photo2.jpg

webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

1 ) track everything you eat for a week, add it all together, divide it by 7 and assuming you didn't gain any weight that week, that is your maintenance calorie allowance.

2 ) you look very rounded over, you have a decent amount of body fat to lose but you're in a very unflattering pose.

3 ) I would advise you cut. Do the above sum and then subtract 10% from it

Implement 4 sessions of 15 mins cardio per week if you're not already doing it.

When weight loss stalls subtract a further 10% from your calories and increase cardio to 25 mins 4x per week.

Protein at 1g per lb of bodyweight.

Fats at 15-25% of your total calories.

Carbs at whatever the remainder of your caloric allowance is after factoring in the above.