Sign in to follow this  
AlexH96

Nutritional values in frozen chicken

Hello everyone! Hope you’re all doing well.

So I have bought the frozen chicken breast from Iceland the one in the attached pic as somebody on here said they used it and it’s decent as I use to buy raw breast in bulk, weigh it up , bag it and freeze it so guessed this would be 100x easier.

Only problem is it has no specific calorie per g on it like it doesn’t specify if it’s from frozen or defrosted weight like a lot of nutritional values they don’t specify well. So I want 200g of chicken which should be about 210-220 calories.

So do I weigh out 200g of it out of bag frozen or do I weigh it defrosted as they won’t weigh same so it’s kind of confusing. 
Thanks guys p.s sorry if this post sounds completely retarded it’s just been bugging me lol. 

09A7D611-CDBF-4C0F-A3F3-BB7EF798912B.thumb.jpeg.a44de0ae1eaca6a5ed8a83f3688fcf60.jpeg

I guess there is no exact science to it, I’d weight out 250g frozen then weight again defrosted and see how much it’s lost I’m guessing it will just be trial and error

14 minutes ago, AlexH96 said:

But what I mean is do I weigh 200g out from frozen or 200g out defrosted? 

Defrosted. It’ll contain quite a lot of water

23 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Defrosted. It’ll contain quite a lot of water

Surprisingly there was no water at all as they’re cooked chicken breast strips not raw so there was literally no water and the frozen weight was exact same as the defrosted weight.

So that makes it easier, only thing is there only 98% chicken breast and have added salt only thing that concerns me.

I was just about to say frozen/defrosted weigh the same.

Uncooked/cooked are very different, depending on the quality of the chicken. 

That Island chicken seams to of gone downhill last couple of months,  was quite good but last few bag's have been really stringy 

I count it as same I eat 100g a day in pack up sandwiches , tastes good to me mate i eat the diced version though but I believe values are the same