Lovelyjubly

Any ex muscletalk guys here?

2 hours ago, js77 said:

I remember seeing Dougie at his gym in Newbury many years ago.... I think it was called Flex.

He was telling me about how he was injecting silicone in between muscle fibres in his biceps to make them bigger..... i remember listening to him in amazement..... it later became known as synthol.

If anyone thinks proper old school bb’s didn’t push the boundaries of PED use,  take a look at one of his stacks!!! 

@Pscarb I’m not saying megadosing had anything to do with it but the depth of competition at the British back then was far deeper than it is today. 

Dougie would have been in your category along with the likes of John Hodgson.

Even when you look at the heavyweights..... Ernie Taylor, Eddie Abbew, Lenny St Cyr, etc. Almost hard to pick a winner from the top 5!!

I think you might be talking about Graham Black, not Dougie Black buddy, I do agree though the competition back then was far deeper, I trained at Graham's gym in Newbury a few times.

7 hours ago, Pscarb said:

I think you might be talking about Graham Black, not Dougie Black buddy, I do agree though the competition back then was far deeper, I trained at Graham's gym in Newbury a few times.

Sorry........ Graham not Dougie!!!

There was a trainee doctor (or actual doctor?), “the doc” or “medic” from memory?  This was about 15-20 years ago He was always quite helpful.

23 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

Was it Big Z whose Mrs logged on and told the world what a bastard he was? Apologies if it wasn’t but I distinctly remember someone and the name Big Z rings a bell.

How he spent their savings on setting up muscle factory then selling it for a £1 to spite her.  Plus other stuff I can't remember. 

Was a good gym.

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

I used to love some of Big Les's posts, especially the nutritional/diet side ones.

@Mahuna looking fantastic buddy :thumb

Danny.

Must have missed those and having seen him in person "nutrition" was the last thing I would have thought he had much knowledge in ,haha (wish emojis worked!!)

40 minutes ago, lancs_lad said:

Must have missed those and having seen him in person "nutrition" was the last thing I would have thought he had much knowledge in ,haha (wish emojis worked!!)

Lol

Yeah he wrote some cracking articles over the years if I recall and plenty of recipes for bulking lol.

I would of liked to of met him in person, he was always very helpful on the forum for a while.

Danny

Yeah I was on MuscleTalk back when Wrongun, Trident and Bbigman2000 were all mods. Great place and sad to see it gone. Good to see another UK based forum!

7 hours ago, UglyASS said:

Yeah I was on MuscleTalk back when Wrongun, Trident and Bbigman2000 were all mods. Great place and sad to see it gone. Good to see another UK based forum!

I recognise the username.

I remember the mod TONY blue or something? Used to do strongman vids in his garden with Pagan making an occasional cameo! 

Those vids used to get me pumped up before I’d go train lol