Jump to content
BUFFMAN

Biggest s**t hole you've ever visitied in the UK?

Recommended Posts

(No sexual innuendos please) :D

Mate of mine is from a place called Swilly? I think it is in Plymouth? Reckons it's a bit rough, anyone heard of it?  Roughest place I've probably been to is St Paul's in Bristol, and even then it didn't seem too bad.  I'm pretty certain there are worse places than these, so name em!

 

Also ever found yourself in some dodgey situations in these places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BUFFMAN said:

Mate of mine is from a place called Swilly? I think it is in Plymouth? Reckons it's a bit rough, anyone heard of it? 

Yes I know North Prospect... During the 1920's it was the first council estate in Plymouth. Was a little rough but imo no more than similar areas, recently had massive redevelopment including bulldozing and building new homes.  My mate lived there and brought 3 kids up that all went to uni, so the area is not as bad as made out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preston, Bolton, blackburn and the surrounding towns, absolute s**t holes. 

For any of the older northern clubbers, Morley is probably a place you'll have heard of, by day that place is an absolute dive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Yes I know North Prospect... During the 1920's it was the first council estate in Plymouth. Was a little rough but imo no more than similar areas, recently had massive redevelopment including bulldozing and building new homes.  My mate lived there and brought 3 kids up that all went to uni, so the area is not as bad as made out.

 

 

@BUFFMAN my Grandad was from Plymouth. Used to be an underwater welder in the dockyard. Plymouth got hammered during the WW2 because of the dockyard/naval port. Took many years for a lot of Plymouth to get updated didn’t it Terbs? 

I remember passing through there on a train 3-4 years ago and still feeling that it was incredibly outdated. It was like you could still see and feel the damage that the war had done. 

I like Plymouth. Spent quite a bit of time there in late 80s/early 90s. Union St used to get pretty lively at times. We’d come out of the clubs after raving and you’d walk out to see the drinking establishments housing all the young squaddies on leave from paras, bootnecks, navy all scrapping with MP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BicepBandito said:

Was waking down a road in Luton when 3 boys pull up and go "are you one of tommy robbinsons lot" and chased me with a machete 

Never visited again but it's say to say it's a s**t hole from my 1 time experience  

Luton is indeed a shithole. Only been there a couple of times. That was enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BicepBandito said:

Was waking down a road in Luton when 3 boys pull up and go "are you one of tommy robbinsons lot" and chased me with a machete 

Never visited again but it's say to say it's a s**t hole from my 1 time experience  

Makes you wonder how he walks the streets and hasn't ended up dead. Must have so many little fu**kers wanting to kill him.

 

Edit: bet you regret getting that British Bulldog neck tattoo now?  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

I like Plymouth. Spent quite a bit of time there in late 80s/early 90s. Union St used to get pretty lively at times. 

Good chance we were in the same places at times :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BicepBandito said:

Was waking down a road in Luton when 3 boys pull up and go "are you one of tommy robbinsons lot" and chased me with a machete 

Never visited again but it's say to say it's a s**t hole from my 1 time experience  

We’re they one of Ronnie pickerings lot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughest place I ever visited was Holywell in North Wales, had quite a bad rep for drugs back in the early 90's.

After a party we all went back to this lads house there, really nice front room all decorated in the latest trend, tv, games console, stereo etc, as all very drunk after one more beer most of us crashed in that room.  I woke up the next morning and tried to find a loo and discovered the rest of the house was a complete wreck, like squatters lived there, so had a pee and made a sharp exit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baz-- said:

Portsmouth and Coventry are the biggest dumps I've been to in the UK.  

As you say tho, I'm sure there are many places worse. 

I'm from pompey and can confirm; one massive shithole. Full of junkies, no hopes and Jeremy Kyle show "guests".

I'm sure there are worse places too - I'm just yet to find them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BUFFMAN said:

(No sexual innuendos please) :D

Mate of mine is from a place called Swilly? I think it is in Plymouth? Reckons it's a bit rough, anyone heard of it?  Roughest place I've probably been to is St Paul's in Bristol, and even then it didn't seem too bad.  I'm pretty certain there are worse places than these, so name em!

 

Also ever found yourself in some dodgey situations in these places?

St Paul's  used to be a area i covered for Audi / VW .

 Fixed a guy's car and was offered a bag of 4 rocks of crack as a tip.

I refused and just as I tried to pull away in my assistance car got surrounded by armed police.  Guy got locked up for drugs and a gun in the car. 

Was at the harbour festival in Bristol a few years ago and saw a  " Jamaican " drug dealer get literally gutted by a Somalian guy with a machete. 

Had to go back in the morning with work to open 4 "abandoned " Audi for the police to search and impound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sean m said:

ust as I tried to pull away in my assistance car got surrounded by armed police.  Guy got locked up for drugs and a gun in the car.

Bet he believes you were undercover old bill. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cypssk said:

Tilbury essex an sheerness  Isle of sheppy kent

Tilbury was/is a fu**ing hell hole.  Used to occasionally train at a fantastic gym there in the early 90s, can’t remember what it was called but was top drawer.

The Sun named ‘The Ship’ pub in Tilbury the roughest in Britain in the late 80s which led to regulars from loads of other rough boozers getting coached in from all over the country for a row.  Absolute hell hole.  Was closed for refurbishment and never reopened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Boston Lincolnshire,  fu**ing s**t hole , at one stage obesest town , murder capital , run down crap hole  years ago half of Jeremy Kyle's audience was from here ,had a bus that would pick up up apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×