Sign in to follow this  
faangs

20 hour fasting

I am keen to run intermittent fasting but my goal is to add muscle and get leaner. Is it possible? 

I was trying to see if I can drink water in the other hours? Is there anything else I can drink to keep myself hydrated while eating?

I prefer to train in the evening then eat big in the evening. I only had eggs in the morning and fruit/avocado with protein etc for lunch as I assumed I would loose muscle. 

10 hours ago, faangs said:

I am keen to run intermittent fasting but my goal is to add muscle and get leaner. Is it possible? 

I was trying to see if I can drink water in the other hours? Is there anything else I can drink to keep myself hydrated while eating?

I prefer to train in the evening then eat big in the evening. I only had eggs in the morning and fruit/avocado with protein etc for lunch as I assumed I would loose muscle. 

I've always used IF to loose weight. Once I'm at a point where I can not remove anymore calories from my 6 meals a day without turning them into pretty much a snack. I then loose my last meal then my first meal whilst increasing cardio.

Are you taking drugs? I've took the same approach and had drastic differences when on and off drugs.

Think if your maintenance calories are 4/5000 per day, if is a great tool, by getting down to say 3000 from that you're still eating a substantial amount of food.

If your maintenance is 2/3000, then you don't have as much wiggle room. Make sense? 

14 hours ago, faangs said:

20 hour fasting with a 4 hour eating window.

Your goal is to gain muscle whilst losing fat. 
This isn’t something you can do unless, you’re a complete novice to lifting or taking drugs or you are overweight to the point where you can do a massive recomp.

At the end of the day. Daily caloric intake will dictate wether you’ll be in a deficit or surplus. Intermittent fasting itself won’t cause fat loss. It’s only a tool to manage hunger whilst cutting. It does also help gut and digestion tho which is a big benefit. 

12 hours ago, Philfg said:

I've always used IF to loose weight. Once I'm at a point where I can not remove anymore calories from my 6 meals a day without turning them into pretty much a snack. I then loose my last meal then my first meal whilst increasing cardio.

Are you taking drugs? I've took the same approach and had drastic differences when on and off drugs.

Think if your maintenance calories are 4/5000 per day, if is a great tool, by getting down to say 3000 from that you're still eating a substantial amount of food.

If your maintenance is 2/3000, then you don't have as much wiggle room. Make sense? 

I was also doing it for recovery and ease. In the morning I am not hungry anyway but have eggs still. I would prefer to just drink water, train, then in the evening eat over 1-2 hours 3-4 meals which would blow up my stomach but all that food then helps me recover for the next day.

Yes I am on drugs - how does this affect IF? 

9 hours ago, faangs said:

I was also doing it for recovery and ease. In the morning I am not hungry anyway but have eggs still. I would prefer to just drink water, train, then in the evening eat over 1-2 hours 3-4 meals which would blow up my stomach but all that food then helps me recover for the next day.

Yes I am on drugs - how does this affect IF? 

Its doesn't affect IF at all. My statement was a calorie deficate on and off drugs can have very different outcomes. 

If you are trying to build muscle and loose fat using aas will certainly help with that. How you decide to have a reduction in calories is your choice.

1 hour ago, Philfg said:

Its doesn't affect IF at all. My statement was a calorie deficate on and off drugs can have very different outcomes. 

If you are trying to build muscle and loose fat using aas will certainly help with that. How you decide to have a reduction in calories is your choice.

Got it. So long as you have the reduction in calories, but, still have it only during the 4 hour period, it is okay?

10 minutes ago, faangs said:

Got it. So long as you have the reduction in calories, but, still have it only during the 4 hour period, it is okay?

Don't know the best method but when I've used it as a tool, I did 8 hour eating window. 10/6 worked for me.

I'd train fasted, black coffee on days off the gym. I'd then break my fast around 10am with a light meal, pancakes or omelette. I'd then have a decent dinner about 1pm meat/fish and carbs, then a snack about 3/4pm usually a protein bar, then a big volume tea, meat/fish, moderate carbs and lots off greens, salads or veg etc. Pudding would be greek yogurt with protein powder and a pile of berries.

Like I said earlier in the post, it's all calorie dependent, some people are a lot bigger than me and require a lot more calories at maintenance and when dieting.

4 hrs isn't given you a lot of time to eat. Try it and see how you feel. Your body will tell you how it's doing, if you're tired all the time workouts suck, strength drops, then you're not eating enough.

It may be worth putting up your current stats, age, height, weight, body fat and gear usage, marcros etc and time training.

Everybody has different goals and potential.

I'm sure others would reply to this thread and help you out.

1 hour ago, Philfg said:

It may be worth putting up your current stats, age, height, weight, body fat and gear usage, marcros etc and time training.

Everybody has different goals and potential.

I'm sure others would reply to this thread and help you out.

Post here or on the main forum you mean?

Easy one, even without aas, take the body longer tha. Three days to enter starvation mode, can't believe all this bs is still on here. Eatsomerawchicken, that lost me weight once, so did well sore cycle. Don't feel kike eatingifyiut not lifting, ollsosite other way round but kestyhou stay anabolic,, idtrsi. Hardactero followup swith agoodbukk. 

Oh I add mct oil and double cream to my coffee, it's nice. And I'm serious do that earlier morning and fast a few days yuhkm see results. Kicks in the keto, some of the old school use to use mct keep that vacuum stomach, cnt best it