UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Cut or Bulk?

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  gymaddict1986 
#1 ·
25/5FT10/201LBS.

Complete newbie, had weights and equipment delivered the other day and started a routine yesterday (five day split) along with a 'bulking' eating routine but doing weights the last two days has made me realise that I'm fatter than I thought and maybe cutting is best for me. What do you think?

Joint Shoulder Shorts Leg Muscle

Shorts Wood Waist Eyewear Elbow

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm guessing your diets not the best. I wouldn't necessarily cut, I'd learn about good food choices. Spend your cardio time out for walks and on the treadmill watching youtube videos. Lots of really good channels and information on there regarding good foods.

Keep lifting and make sure you follow a programme, look into push, pull, legs, or typical back & bi's etc.

Consistency is the most important thing and don't set unrealistic targets.

If your the same weight this time next year but have lost fat and built muscle you're doing it right.

Good luck.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think at your stage you could do both at the same time. Specially because your new to lifting, untrained muscles respond well, you could just eat a bit below maintenance eat less than you are now, have a higher protein diet and focus on lifting you'll be able to do both for nearly a year I reckon or until your becoming a healthy bodyfat

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think at your stage you could do both at the same time. Specially because your new to lifting, untrained muscles respond well
I would agree . Newb gains come easy. A well structured training plan and diet along with some cardio . I don't see why he could not make gains and lose fat ,Many people do it and do well . Long as diet is on point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.