Ironman TS

Yamamoto Query

10 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

Has anyone ordered from them this year and if so, were there any additional taxes applicable post Brexit?

I got my products from

www.dolphinfitness.co.uk

Same price as what I normally pay. 

48 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Just received this response direct from Yamamoto...

‘Dear customer
I confirm that customs fees may be required due to Brexit.’

Where do they ship from?

4 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

Where do they ship from?

Not immediately clear mate but it’s very much a ‘European’ website and they are headquartered legally in Italy.  I’ve not ordered from them before  so can’t say for sure hence the original question. 

24 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Not immediately clear mate but it’s very much a ‘European’ website and they are headquartered legally in Italy.  I’ve not ordered from them before  so can’t say for sure hence the original question. 

They have a few decent-looking products but sod paying taxes.

2 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

They have a few decent-looking products but sod paying taxes.

They’re supposedly top quality and with the monthly discounts competitively priced but you just don’t know what taxes you might get hit with now.  Even their response to me was pretty vague :confused1:

I’d sooner order from strong supps if I’m not buying from a UK store. they don’t exactly fill their customs forms in properly so import taxes are minimal if at all

Edited by faipdeooiad

On 22/02/2021 at 10:55 PM, Ironman TS said:

Has anyone ordered from them this year and if so, were there any additional taxes applicable post Brexit?

I use a few of their supplements, pre-workout ones mostly as i get along very well with them.

They have a 30% off sale at the moment, 30YAMA discount code..... so if you use the ref code IVAN5 you get another 5% off, can use both codes.

Ive yet to order anything from them since Brexit as i tend to stock up when they have sales on, had a 50% one pre-xmas.

I am tempted to order just over £50 worth of stuff to get free delivery, and see if i get taxed.

Im not 100% sure but i think the tax crap is goods leaving the UK to a EU country, and not products coming from the EU to UK? Again im not 100%.

1 hour ago, Clubber Lang said:

I use a few of their supplements, pre-workout ones mostly as i get along very well with them.

They have a 30% off sale at the moment, 30YAMA discount code..... so if you use the ref code IVAN5 you get another 5% off, can use both codes.

Ive yet to order anything from them since Brexit as i tend to stock up when they have sales on, had a 50% one pre-xmas.

I am tempted to order just over £50 worth of stuff to get free delivery, and see if i get taxed.

Im not 100% sure but i think the tax crap is goods leaving the UK to a EU country, and not products coming from the EU to UK? Again im not 100%.

Definitely know of people getting stung in reverse mate, clothes companies mainly - problem is the companies aren’t clear themselves and your parcel turns up with a hefty import tax charge you weren’t expecting.

I’ll see if I can find out more.

5 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Definitely know of people getting stung in reverse mate, clothes companies mainly - problem is the companies aren’t clear themselves and your parcel turns up with a hefty import tax charge you weren’t expecting.

I’ll see if I can find out more.

i know the tax is from your country and not from the company/sender or courier.  Its a mess really. Need to sort it.

On 24/02/2021 at 8:43 AM, Clubber Lang said:

Both import and export get hit with additional duty. This was one of the ‘remainers’ biggest arguments. 

Remember all the stuff about car prices, wines, fruit and veg etc etc increasing due to additional import duties? 

1 hour ago, js77 said:

Both import and export get hit with additional duty. This was one of the ‘remainers’ biggest arguments. 

Remember all the stuff about car prices, wines, fruit and veg etc etc increasing due to additional import duties? 

Ive just this second ordered from Yam, total was £86. This is the first time since Brexit ive ordered from them so see what happens, duty wise.

I have noticed that Yamo now charge £6.99 for all shipping, were until recently it was free over £50. 

Let you know what happens when it lands. If i get charged a duty then i'll not be buying as much from them. Tho i will continue to buy their Flexotor as it works wonders for me, one of those products that you dont come by often that works for you, and maybe not for others :)

My Yamo order just landed. Didnt get hit with any tax or paperwork on delivery.

Again, had to pay for delivery, £6.99, which ive never done with orders over £50 in the past, and was no extra payments on the final pay now screen. So all good.

yam.jpg

I’m having a bollocks of a time getting a bodybuilding.com delivery into the country. They’ve just put ‘supplement’ on the customs label and then put the declared value as £0 so I’ve had to just through loads of stupid hoops 

On 23/02/2021 at 3:45 PM, faipdeooiad said:

I’d sooner order from strong supps if I’m not buying from a UK store. they don’t exactly fill their customs forms in properly so import taxes are minimal if at all

Used to love buying from these when they had a free shipping code

2 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

My Yamo order just landed. Didnt get hit with any tax or paperwork on delivery.

Again, had to pay for delivery, £6.99, which ive never done with orders over £50 in the past, and was no extra payments on the final pay now screen. So all good.

yam.jpg

Are these any good? First time I've heard of Yamamoto the past couple days

On 04/03/2021 at 6:15 PM, Rhinoceros said:

Are these any good? First time I've heard of Yamamoto the past couple days

Theyre an excellent brand, expensive, but Yamomoto, if im correct, is a pharma company that produces supplements, so everything is top quality and clinically dosed.

I dont get a lot of stuff from them, just certain products i found  work extremely well for me. Yam's pre-workouts really agree with me, as theyre not over stimmed, so i dont crash or get any appetite suppression or digestive issues. The intra-products are great too, but i switch from brand to brand during the week as i like flavour options. So i can use the Yam one day and Strom another etc.

yam1.jpg