Sign in to follow this  
vetran

These taxi drivers are taking the p*ss

My  daughter got a cab home and she text me that the fare was going to be £15 and can I come out and pay it ,this was for  3 mile journey at 11.30 at night i thought this was extortion and told him that I get a curry delivered  from 4 miles away and they only charge me £2 delivery   but still I gave him a tenner and told him to clear off I’m feeling a bit piss*d of about it now ,I should have just given him a fiver 

3 minutes ago, vetran said:

My  daughter got a cab home and she text me that the fare was going to be £15 and can I come out and pay it ,this was for  3 mile journey at 11.30 at night i thought this was extortion and told him that I get a curry delivered  from 4 miles away and they only charge me £2 delivery   but still I gave him a tenner and told him to clear off I’m feeling a bit piss*d of about it I should have just given him a fiver 

As she knew it was £15 and accepted, the bill should be paid. 

6 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Yes I’ve done her a favour now she only owes me a tenner :thumbup1:

14 minutes ago, vetran said:

Nah, you’ve taught your daughter to behave like a scumbag unfortunately. I’ve seen plenty behave this way until someone gives them trouble in return then they crap themselves. 

I had one of these a while back, got a cab back from the pub and had to stop at a cash machine on the way. Dude tried to charge me a fiver or something stupid for stopping for 30 seconds. I just gave him what I thought was reasonable (can't remember exactly how much) 

As I walked in my house he said he'd put a curse on me.

Wasnt too bothered as not too long before I'd had a dispute with a mechanic trying to take the p1ss, he also said he'd put a curse on me.

I just figured the second curse would probably cancel out the first one.

Both Asian dudes, not that I have anything at all against Asians.

Aren’t fares fixed by local authorities? I know they go up after a certain time at night and they can charge more on bank holidays and such. 

All I know is I regularly get a taxi home from the rugby club on Saturdays. Same route every time and always about 8.30pm. One week they’ll ask me for £6 The next week it’s £9 and I’ve been charged any amount in between. I always chuck em a tenner but do wonder how those metres work

5 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

The OPs threads are mostly racist. It’s pretty disgusting in this day and age tbh

That and the fact he’s underpaying for a service after already knowing the price. It takes the piss 

I’m reporting this thread 

Yeah to right me to!!

51 minutes ago, vetran said:

My  daughter got a cab home and she text me that the fare was going to be £15 and can I come out and pay it ,this was for  3 mile journey at 11.30 at night i thought this was extortion and told him that I get a curry delivered  from 4 miles away and they only charge me £2 delivery   but still I gave him a tenner and told him to clear off I’m feeling a bit piss*d of about it now ,I should have just given him a fiver 

Happy Valentines Day Big Boy!!

13 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

I had one of these a while back, got a cab back from the pub and had to stop at a cash machine on the way. Dude tried to charge me a fiver or something stupid for stopping for 30 seconds. I just gave him what I thought was reasonable (can't remember exactly how much) 

I tried that in Boston (America) when the driver told me it was going to be $15 more than the booking office had told me on the phone. I told him to fvck off and just gave him what the office had said. He reached under his chair and pulled out a gun and I reached back into my pocket and gave him the extra $15.

13 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

If you agree to a price before you take the taxi journey you should pay since  you already agreed to it.

Yes but I never agreed to it I was sat at home eating quavers  cheese slices and pickled onions   when I got the call that  she was 50 yards from home 

1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Yes but she just wanted to get home she wasent thinking she’s only 8 

5 minutes ago, vetran said:

Yes but I never agreed to it I was sat at home eating quavers  cheese slices and pickled onions   when I got the call that  she was 50 yards from home 

Then your daughter owes you a tenner, and the taxi driver a fiver.

2 minutes ago, vetran said:

I’ve been on this forum long enough to recognise banned members back on the scene ,welcome back to big boy :thumbup1:

Show us your Kebab!!

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

Aren’t fares fixed by local authorities? I know they go up after a certain time at night and they can charge more on bank holidays and such. 

All I know is I regularly get a taxi home from the rugby club on Saturdays. Same route every time and always about 8.30pm. One week they’ll ask me for £6 The next week it’s £9 and I’ve been charged any amount in between. I always chuck em a tenner but do wonder how those metres work

Yeah I was going to say that.

Im pretty sure the council sets the rates at a certain price per mile and when idling I think it counts up a certain price per minute. 

2 hours ago, vetran said:

She should of told you when coming home you could of rang ahmed got your donor and pizza delivered olus your daughter all for £15

2 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Off topic. If you have amazon prime - from Germany to the Caspian Sea might interest you. Two German touring bikers on their travels. Watching it and you came up in my head 

That does seem a bit steep.

Not been in a taxi for around 20 years now, back when it was radio control and a vehicle with a blue sun visor strip on the windscreen,

Main thing is, you got her home safe buddy.

Danny,