Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Can you block certain email addresses from sending you emails?

Just now, EpicSquats said:

But that's after you get the email right? Or does it block the address?

Yes you can set it up in your email settings depending on your server. I’m sure someone more technical will come along but I remember in my call centre days at 16 working for BT and it is possible 

55 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Unsubscribe 

I found it's just better to 'report as spam' or 'block', if you unsubscribe they know your addy is genuine lol

I have been wondering this also , I can’t seem to do it . I have an ex who has been harassing me for years on it . Can’t change email as everything is set up on it . How do we do it on hotmail ?

3 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

I have been wondering this also , I can’t seem to do it . I have an ex who has been harassing me for years on it . Can’t change email as everything is set up on it . How do we do it on hotmail ?

On the email header you have, Reply, Reply all, Forward and More actions (usually dots), then into Security Options> and you get the choice of Junk, Phishing, Block, Report abuse.

1 hour ago, TERBO said:

On the email header you have, Reply, Reply all, Forward and More actions (usually dots), then into Security Options> and you get the choice of Junk, Phishing, Block, Report abuse.

Thanks mate . I can see the phishing button and report but no block button after I have reported . Do I need to do it from a actual computer and not a phone to bring up all the options do you think ?

3 hours ago, gymaddict1986 said:

Thanks mate . I can see the phishing button and report but no block button after I have reported . Do I need to do it from a actual computer and not a phone to bring up all the options do you think ?

Settings in my phone and the computer do seem different... I don't have the spam options on the laptop, but I do have the 'block'.