Sign in to follow this  
hmgs

Oh dear...

22 minutes ago, mrwright said:

Isn't that just showing what a leg extension is before saying what to do without it?? 

It’s a seated leg curl machine. 

2 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

You can get a good quality sissy squat bench for less than £150 online.

Gives a fantastic quad workout and the think can be propped up against a wall to shave space;

One of these and one of these Glute Ham Developer - Compact Model (strengthshop.co.uk) and your home leg workouts are sorted.

Many years ago I used to do leg extensions with a dumbbell. Later on I was able to treat myself to a pair of iron boots that a bar goes through and you add weight either side. They were actually pretty good for leg extensions. Not so much for leg curls which you had to do on the floor to stop your knee joint over extending and if you pulled your legs back over 90 degrees you were buggered. Almost literally. 

7 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Gives a fantastic quad workout and the thing can be propped up against a wall to save space;

fu**ing hell, I used to feel a bit special squatting 4 plates a side but now getting out of bed feels like a challenge some days. Can only imagine how these feel, didn't even know such a movement existed! Have you ever tried Nordic curls? I've not been to a gym equipped with a Roman chair in probably a decade or more, just don't see them about anymore

With a little bit of work, that glute ham could double up as sissy squat, too... couple of holes to allow the foot bar to lock lower down & some padding on the foot plate - cushty (just don’t get that weight post stuck up your arse!)

I had this on me powertec125EC41F-C720-42E4-BE77-00C22CEFF165.jpeg.df9d0f44f9469f37581532f24fd66b32.jpeg

4 minutes ago, hmgs said:

With a little bit of work, that glute ham could double up as sissy squat, too... couple of holes to allow the foot bar to lock lower down & some padding on the foot plate - cushty (just don’t get that weight post stuck up your arse!)

I had this on me powertec125EC41F-C720-42E4-BE77-00C22CEFF165.jpeg.df9d0f44f9469f37581532f24fd66b32.jpeg

Now you’ve sold it to me!! :beer:

8 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Gives a fantastic quad workout and the thing can be propped up against a wall to save space;

Holy s**t. 

He makes that look so easy, and I'm sure as hell it wouldn't be. 

1 hour ago, Lancashiregent said:

Holy s**t. 

He makes that look so easy, and I'm sure as hell it wouldn't be. 

It's not, it's kind of like a GHR where it takes a fair while to get used too. When teaching other i'll often position the bench in front of a rack (bolted down) and tie a band around it for them to hold when going back, takes a bit of the weight off. I usually hold a 25kg plate and find that plenty of extra weight. 

2 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Is that a knee torturing device? 

No worse than a seated extension imo.

2 hours ago, Ares said:

fu**ing hell, I used to feel a bit special squatting 4 plates a side but now getting out of bed feels like a challenge some days. Can only imagine how these feel, didn't even know such a movement existed! Have you ever tried Nordic curls? I've not been to a gym equipped with a Roman chair in probably a decade or more, just don't see them about anymore

I had to look that up, I've always known them as a glute ham raise. I do them on the below kind of kit;

https://mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-m3-ghd-machine.html

Very good for the hamstrings, i find them excellent for brining up my deadlift and squat. You can do a back extension on the same kit.