Sign in to follow this  
Fors331

Really missing the fu**ing gym now!!

Just when i was getting somewhere! Started test and tren, was only 5kg off my all time pb on most exercises, managed to quit booze, then the lockdown happen!!!

been riding my bike since but getting really sick of this s**t, i hate cardio! Repping weights is my only satisfaction in life, its the only thing that keeps me going, now iv come off gear (when i was on a roll) and missing my daily pump!! So hard getting back into lifting again when you have stopped for so long, i actually hate boris and think he's a fu**ing pr**k, his job is to run the world when he is destroying it.

You can still train without weights. I still trained through most of the first lockdown without official weights. Get those strong bags you get in shopping centres and fill them with cement bags, bricks whatever that’s weighty. Double bag them just incase they break. I used them as dumbells. Wear a back pack filled with anything weighty wear it and do push ups on push up bars. Push up bars are like £5. If you drive you can get cement bags cheap and there like 20kg a bag. Expensive for delivery though probably because of the weight 

25 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

You can still train without weights. I still trained through most of the first lockdown without official weights. Get those strong bags you get in shopping centres and fill them with cement bags, bricks whatever that’s weighty. Double bag them just incase they break. I used them as dumbells. Wear a back pack filled with anything weighty wear it and do push ups on push up bars. Push up bars are like £5. If you drive you can get cement bags cheap and there like 20kg a bag. Expensive for delivery though probably because of the weight 

Mate im not even going there again, only got a studio flat with no room, the gym is the only place for me really, everything fits in place, i take it seriously there, i lift heavy, normally always up to my pb, this keeps me on track and the motivation continues, trust me if i had a spare room or house i would have a gym by now

28 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Mate im not even going there again, only got a studio flat with no room, the gym is the only place for me really, everything fits in place, i take it seriously there, i lift heavy, normally always up to my pb, this keeps me on track and the motivation continues, trust me if i had a spare room or house i would have a gym by now

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope things get better for you soon x 

9 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

A motivated person would still find a way to lift weights. OP - you're not motivated enough.

100%

I reckon @Jackoffblades just copied and pasted my lockdown training protocol as it’s exactly what I did for 3 months.

Anyway 4skin.... what part of the gym did you miss the most..... stopping off for a chicken tikka and cheese slice from Greggs on the way there??

f**k me you do moan a lot mate . We are all in the same boat . We all feel the same . Some of us been training 20-30 years mate .  Nothing we can do apart from do what we can at home . I get it isn’t the same as a gym but wouldn’t you rather just buy a few bands maintain what you got and continue once you get back in gym . I train 2 hours a day 6 days a week mate with no equipment and I have maintained my 17 stone frame through all lock downs . It isn’t hard . All I hear is excuses from everyone 

Adapt and overcome if you want it bad enough you'd be repping the fu**ing settee..I'm benching off a scaffolding board in a cold garage with rusty plates and a 1" bar and I'm grateful for it,cardio every few days...not going to allow myself to mentally go to s**t.

11 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Just when i was getting somewhere! Started test and tren, was only 5kg off my all time pb on most exercises, managed to quit booze, then the lockdown happen!!!

been riding my bike since but getting really sick of this s**t, i hate cardio! Repping weights is my only satisfaction in life, its the only thing that keeps me going, now iv come off gear (when i was on a roll) and missing my daily pump!! So hard getting back into lifting again when you have stopped for so long, i actually hate boris and think he's a fu**ing pr**k, his job is to run the world when he is destroying it.

This is your real issue here. Try to find something else that you enjoy, plenty of hobbies out there. 

Some of these replies are thick as kingsmill, most are saying this because they have a large flat/house, i live in a studio flat with no space for anything, im a strength trainer so going down the park todo 50 press ups aint going todo s**t

The alternative then is do nothing but by consciously deciding to do nothing don't then complain. Others on here have found ways to adapt and make do. They have a mentality that will progress. One guy is maintaining 17 stone!! so unless you're bigger than him you have no reason to do nothing. I'm very fortunate to have a decent garage set up but if I didn't I'd be finding a way to still train, plenty of bodyweight stuff can be very challenging and doesn't need much extra resistance to become genuinely hard!

1 hour ago, Fors331 said:

Some of these replies are thick as kingsmill, most are saying this because they have a large flat/house, i live in a studio flat with no space for anything, im a strength trainer so going down the park todo 50 press ups aint going todo s**t

I have to train in a box bedroom. I have to lift my bed against the wall to make room to train 

16 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Try static holds at the bottom of a press up .

Handstand push up for shoulders. 

Wide pull ups for back. Narrow chin ups for biceps.  Dips. Pistol squats. All with a 5 seconds up 5 seconds down tempo.   Put a 20kg bag of sand in a rucksack if there to easy. 

If there easy post up a video. 

21 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Excuses again you kingsmill kunt. 

On 1/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Fors331 said:

Looks like you're fvcked then. Stop crying. no one cares. We have our own problems.

Couple of dumbbells and some weight, get on Google for some dumbbell only workouts and crack on. Won't be ideal but you'll keep more gains doing that, than just moaning about it on a forum.

On 14/01/2021 at 10:44 AM, Fors331 said:

Do a 100 then you melt 

Want and like.... we'd all like stuff but if you do nothing about it then you didn't want it. 

Excuses and reasons.... if you'd only like something, you'll find excuses to stop you but if you really want something you'll need reasons to stop you. 

You don’t have to do 50 of this or 100 of that on each  set .  It’s quite simple and slowing the reps down and squeezing and contracting, like your life depends on it making all the movements much harder and more challenging . Isn’t rocket science .  It’s going to preserve strength also . I went back to gym after last lock down  had a 120kg bench 220kg deadlifts and 150kg squat  for sets and reps on all after lifting 0 weights for 4 months .  The strength I did lose came back quickly , your not going to be at full strength obviously but you can still keep a lot  of it . So as most are saying it’s just excuses 

I also train in a box room in my and my partners bedroom as it’s the only way I won’t be distracted with the kids and dogs and  I have about a quarter of the room to train if that and I use our loft hatch for pull ups and pull downs  ect .  So space shouldn’t be an issue 

this is the space I have . What you see in photo is pretty much it 

252A01E8-F7D6-4CE7-9479-41EA199D05F6.jpeg