Dingbat

Moth problem.

Has anyone else had a problem with moths. I took some clothes out of my wardrobe yesterday and they are full of holes. I wouldn’t mind but some of the items cost hundreds to over a thousand. Can anybody recommend anything to deter the little critters. I’m not very happy about it but hopefully the dry cleaners can repair them.

Just now, mrwright said:

Pics of clothes worth thousands 

They are at the dry cleaners my grandma is very upset these were her ballgowns. Very upsetting.

33 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

They are at the dry cleaners my grandma is very upset these were her ballgowns. Very upsetting.

Your grandmas ballgowns? 

You'll be lucky if there worth 10 quid now mate, when's the last time you seen someone wear a ballgown other then maybe a wedding? 

42 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Your grandmas ballgowns? 

You'll be lucky if there worth 10 quid now mate, when's the last time you seen someone wear a ballgown other then maybe a wedding? 

Well you see she is a professional ballroom dancer and the attire needed to compete is very costly indeed.

I think the species causing the issue is a yellow moth.

55 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Your grandmas ballgowns? 

She is to old now but this was her thing bless her.

1 hour ago, Dingbat said:

Well you see she is a professional ballroom dancer and the attire needed to compete is very costly indeed.

I think the species causing the issue is a yellow moth.

Pics of grandma 

11 minutes ago, mrwright said:

Pics of grandma 

I can’t, I shan’t and I won’t post pictures of my grand mother she’s classy lady.

Steam is one thing you can use to kill moths without destroying garments, carpets etc and not causing a hideous chemical smell on something she might want to wear again. We had an infestation in a Persian rug and the little buggers are relentless.

If serious about moth issue:

Look at the rentokil site.

Once you see the moths its usually too late as its the larvae that do the damage. 

I had a bad infestation a few years ago, little bastids ate into a couple of cashmere coats of mine. 

You will need to vacuum clean the wardrobe really well and the whole room as well.

I bought some of this , no sign of moths since using it. 

Moths spray.jpg

40 minutes ago, dumbat said:

If serious about moth issue:

Look at the rentokil site.

Once you see the moths its usually too late as its the larvae that do the damage. 

I had a bad infestation a few years ago, little bastids ate into a couple of cashmere coats of mine. 

You will need to vacuum clean the wardrobe really well and the whole room as well.

I bought some of this , no sign of moths since using it. 

Moths spray.jpg

That’s excellent thanks for clearing this matter up for me.

7 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Get a Cat, our Cats kill anything like that the moment it comes in the House. 

One of those cats is watching you and reporting straight back to me....