mbt1990

Abbreviated Routine, I need help please

Hello, I'm wanting some help if you can :)

I'm wanting to do an abbreviated routine around 2-4 days a week which is around hypertrophy in around 30mins due to schedule (keyworker - being thrashed)

I have the basic equipment (rack, barbell, dumbbells, high/low pulldown and row and myself)

I also have another issue, I suffer with genetically bad knees (can't remember the correct terminology) which means I cannot do alot of weight bearing on my legs such as barbell squats it's just not worth the pain and time off work,

so I'm thinking of incorporating bodyweight squats and RDL's as these are pain free so I'm at least doing something for my twigs, but in an abbreviated standpoint what would be a good starting point to help my legs with bodyweight squats? 

I can't do chinups either, bit heavy for it so I sub for Pulldowns normally

I'm looking forward to getting your help and thankyou again :)

On 13/01/2021 at 12:12 AM, mbt1990 said:

I also have another issue, I suffer with genetically bad knees (can't remember the correct terminology) which means I cannot do alot of weight bearing on my legs such as barbell squats it's just not worth the pain and time off work,

Could be worth looking into your knee problem. I can’t offer advice, I’m not a Dr or physio, but could you wear knee supports/wraps..?

Failing that, there’s nothing wrong with high rep bw squats, although I’d be tempted to add some weight if possible. You could also do leg ext/curls using bench and db Bud.

As said, I don’t know you knee condition, so hesitant to advise. Running this by a physio would be a great first port of call. :thumbup1: