Sign in to follow this  
Shergar

UK charities...

Anybody know which UK charities give the highest percentage of donations to the cause?

Not looking to line the pockets of board members or directors.

I know most need to take a cut for certain reasons like running costs etc but just looking for ones that receive the most of your donations.

Thanks.

Danny.

I don't trust any of the charities to be honest with you. Can never be sure who the money is going to. If you want a good cause to donate to then you could donate to me. I can 100 percent guarantee you, that every single penny would go to me

From the internet. I hope it's right as I lost mother and grandparents to it at an early age and I have had it too.

Cancer Research UK is officially the UK’s most trusted charity, according to research conducted for the Charity Commission. A number of bodies work together to ensure that the charity makes the best use of the donations it receives and that the research it carries out is world-class. The charity receives no Government funding, and so relies on donations to help its scientists move closer to finding a cure. Money goes towards such thing as funding research centers and buying research equipment.

2 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

From the internet. I hope it's right as I lost mother and grandparents to it at an early age and I have had it too.

Cancer Research UK is officially the UK’s most trusted charity, according to research conducted for the Charity Commission. A number of bodies work together to ensure that the charity makes the best use of the donations it receives and that the research it carries out is world-class. The charity receives no Government funding, and so relies on donations to help its scientists move closer to finding a cure. Money goes towards such thing as funding research centers and buying research equipment.

Not sure how true the link below is mate but them salaries...jeeez

http://race4truth.com/cancer-research-uk-donations-supporting-fat-cat-salaries/

Danny

Remember this fat sack of dog spunk who stole from her children’s charity..... clearly to pay for more KFC family buckets and trays of yumnuts.

Good old Camila Batmanghelidgh !!

Steer clear of her Sherg’s my old mate.

76188655-2F7D-4002-8EAB-D334C5A14183.png

i use to give some money to Help For Hero's etc, until they, and all the other veteran charities were exposed to be sitting on over 1billion  pounds! Help For Hero's has around 600mill in the bank.

f**k all charities as theyre all the same!

like above, buy food and give them to food banks, you know it'll be used.

The amount that's gone to Africa etc for water with things like comic relief water aid etc africa should be 100% plumped with 20 year old scotch on tap in every solid gold House 

On 12/01/2021 at 11:14 AM, Shergar said:

Anybody know which UK charities give the highest percentage of donations to the cause?

Not looking to line the pockets of board members or directors.

I know most need to take a cut for certain reasons like running costs etc but just looking for ones that receive the most of your donations.

Thanks.

Danny.

I raise money for FragileX.org  as often as I can. It's a great one and does so much for families with kids who have the disability. 

Currently raising some money for them with a 3 peaks challenge with a twist (carrying a rowing erg and 50kg of weights to the top of each to lift and row the height of each peak with 4 mates), COVID allowing it'll be in April. 

I've given a bit of money to charity recently for first time in many years.

I've donated to great Ormond street hospital and filled a couple trolleys in Aldi and dropped off to local church that run a food bank.

13 hours ago, MickeyE said:

filled a couple trolleys in Aldi and dropped off to local church that run a food bank.

This is the option I have gone with in the end.

Our towns food bank have a just giving page and they do an awful lot of work and help so many hungry families around here.

I have been lazy and set up a standing order as opposed to dropping goods off but it’s all the same I hope.

Heard another horror story about Oxfam and the cut that is taken before donations are passed on and it’s just sickening if true.

This feels a much safer bet.

Danny

3 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Our towns food bank have a just giving page and they do an awful lot of work and help so many hungry families around here.

I have been lazy and set up a standing order as opposed to dropping goods off but it’s all the same I hope.

Heard another horror story about Oxfam and the cut that is taken before donations are passed on and it’s just sickening if true.

Danny

Good choice mate. 

I give a few quid to cat and dog rescue places in Europe, you can see exactly where your money is being spent and it's not lining the pockets of the scummy corporate bastards claiming to be charities.

2 hours ago, Shergar said:

Danny

Yeh with the food banks at least you know it's going straight into the hands of those that need it.

The one I took my stuff to said they were short of men's toiletries. So I got a load of that sh1t as well as food.

Worth checking what they're short of.