Pez189

Who plays a musical instrument?

2 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Anyone an experienced player or picked up something during lockdown? 

I’ve Been teaching myself guitar (mainly with Justin guitar & Martymusic on YouTube), since feb last year.  Still not very good but getting better (slowly). I have a epiphone SG electric And a Yamaha acoustic.  Thinking about investing in some proper lessons soon. 

1AEF832E-5F68-47BB-96E2-6A839B39B006.jpeg

Put some Bareknuckle Humbucker pickups in the SG...it’ll sound amazing on a decent valve amp like an orange tiny terror!

I play guitar and have done for many years. Was in a number of bands between 16-21. Have quite the guitar collection, mostly Ibanez stuff.

My favourite is probably the floral jem I have, that’s signed by Steve Vai.

I also have a Laney GH100L signed by Paul Gilbert (and played by him). 

Was quite the shred master when I was younger. 

8 minutes ago, Bensif said:

I play guitar and have done for many years. Was in a number of bands between 16-21. Have quite the guitar collection, mostly Ibanez stuff.

My favourite is probably the floral jem I have, that’s signed by Steve Vai.

I also have a Laney GH100L signed by Paul Gilbert (and played by him). 

Was quite the shred master when I was younger. 

That’s awesome mate :thumbup1: Do you play the signed ones? I probably wouldn’t and would have em in a sealed display on the wall or something. 

16 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Put some Bareknuckle Humbucker pickups in the SG...it’ll sound amazing on a decent valve amp like an orange tiny terror!

Nice one. I’ve got a boss katana amp Which is pretty decent. Can load presets into it to get the signature “tone” of other guitarists but yeah I think it could do with a better pickup. 

8 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

That’s awesome mate :thumbup1: Do you play the signed ones? I probably wouldn’t and would have em in a sealed display on the wall or something. 

Yeah absolutely. My jem has been gigged, used and abused. I used to try to keep things pristine but ultimately the enjoyment comes from playing them so they’ve been heavily played.

My jem is 32 years old (1988 model).

Big fan of maple fret boards too, so most of my other guitars are maple. The only exceptions are;

Floral Jem

Jackson Pro series

Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde

Just find maple smoother, with a deeper tone. Was never a huge fan of rosewood / Ebony.

17 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Nice one. I’ve got a boss katana amp Which is pretty decent. Can load presets into it to get the signature “tone” of other guitarists but yeah I think it could do with a better pickup. 

I tried one of those..they are good amps and I think they have an effects loop so you could get a pedal or two for a good metal sound (boss do some good ones) if your not comfortable replacing pickup.

As for signature tone... You can't get that from an amp. You could walk on stage and pick up Dave gilmours guitar and play through his set up but you will never sound like him (you can insert pretty much any other top guitarist into that sentence) so just focus on your own sound

Posted (edited)

Here are 2 of my guitars - Warwick Corvette Proline & Yamaha RBX375.

the Warwick’s my main choice but the Yamaha is a solid back up as it’s better for metal and playing with a plectrum. 
not pictured is another Warwick and I’ve just ordered a music man stingray with my Christmas bonus. Not told the wife that yet but I’m sure she won’t mind me dropping the best part of 2k on myself as a treat.

Old pictures as they’re packed away and I can’t be bothered getting them out.

T5yTrpX.jpg

Edited by faipdeooiad

19 minutes ago, a.notherguy said:

I tried one of those..they are good amps and I think they have an effects loop so you could get a pedal or two for a good metal sound (boss do some good ones) if your not comfortable replacing pickup.

As for signature tone... You can't get that from an amp. You could walk on stage and pick up Dave gilmours guitar and play through his set up but you will never sound like him (you can insert pretty much any other top guitarist into that sentence) so just focus on your own sound

Yeah true. They’re just presets to get you the general tone. They’re pretty good to be fair in that you get close to that sound within the few seconds it takes to load it. Don’t think il be sounding like Dave Gilmour... ever lol. 

1 hour ago, Pez189 said:

I had some in a tobacco burst Gibson SG on an Orange and it sounded sexy!!

2x12 orange speaker cab