Sign in to follow this  
notbad

Wrist Discomfort/Cracking

This has been a pain in the arse for about a year now. 

Movements like chin ups, straight bar curls, anything that requires me to pull with a supinated grip, etc all cause discomfort in my right wrist. Feels like pressure maybe, I can then relieve it by turning my wrist/elbow - they'll both crack/pop. The elbow isn't causing me any trouble though.

This pressure comes in just about any situation where there's weight on my wrists like squats or military press but only really causes discomfort on supinated grips.

Any advice? I've completely avoided any underhand stuff but it just won't go away. Might pick up some wrist wraps for pressing. Semi-venting lol

too much wanking :D

how old are you? could just be wear and tear

i have crappy knees and realised earlier this year that we really only have 3 options for joints:

1. NSAIDS (non steroidal anti-inflammatories), such as Iibuprofen, deep heat, glucosamine gels, topical stuff, glucosamine pills, cod liver oil.

2. See a physio.

3. Cortisone shots.

There's not much else available. Once the joint starts to give you trouble, you're down to these 3 options. @notbad

On 09/01/2021 at 9:45 AM, Chicken_Boy said:

too much wanking :D

how old are you? could just be wear and tear

i have crappy knees and realised earlier this year that we really only have 3 options for joints:

1. NSAIDS (non steroidal anti-inflammatories), such as Iibuprofen, deep heat, glucosamine gels, topical stuff, glucosamine pills, cod liver oil.

2. See a physio.

3. Cortisone shots.

There's not much else available. Once the joint starts to give you trouble, you're down to these 3 options. @notbad

Nightmare, I'm in my early 20s :huh: guess I'm just not built to be able to do underhand grip. Not a massive problem, I'll just have to continue to train around it.