Fors331

Any gyms still open?

My gym got raided yesterday for staying open and forced closure. 

When you take a step back and think about a fitness centre. Legally trading. Being forcefully shut because of a cold virus it really it a bit of a joke. 

They broke is through a building next door to gain access, caused thousands of pounds of damage, no warrant shown, and fined every person in there £200. What has the world come to.

My gym has said they will cover all the fines but my god. All for wanting to stay fit. Jesus. 

The council said they had to force close the fitness centre to keep everyone in the community healthy. Bit of an ironic statement that. 

3 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

When you take a step back and think about a fitness centre. Legally trading. Being forcefully shut because of a cold virus it really it a bit of a joke. 

They broke is through a building next door to gain access, caused thousands of pounds of damage, no warrant shown, and fined every person in there £200. What has the world come to.

My gym has said they will cover all the fines but my god. All for wanting to stay fit. Jesus. 

The council said they had to force close the fitness centre to keep everyone in the community healthy. Bit of an ironic statement that. 

Funny you say that, the gym I used to go to got raided aswell but not by the coppers. Been told they smashed through a side exit and loaded up a 7 tonne lorry. Someone's got themselves a decent gym thats for sure. 

Gyms still open, all 3 lockdowns and tier 4 shite, just switches to back door and closes windows. 

All depends on location and what your neighbours are like I suppose on if you can pull it off.

Fingers crossed he maintains it again as I’m literally training for 5 days a week atm through boredom :lol:

Soon as wife finds someone trustworthy to employ for her business I’m fu**ing off to Dubai until this blows over, which I never thought I’d say as not a country I’m interested in, but seems to be one of the few places where you can live a normal life atm. 

3 hours ago, Towel said:

Gyms still open, all 3 lockdowns and tier 4 shite, just switches to back door and closes windows. 

All depends on location and what your neighbours are like I suppose on if you can pull it off.

Fingers crossed he maintains it again as I’m literally training for 5 days a week atm through boredom :lol:

Soon as wife finds someone trustworthy to employ for her business I’m fu**ing off to Dubai until this blows over, which I never thought I’d say as not a country I’m interested in, but seems to be one of the few places where you can live a normal life atm. 

You are lucky as hell! Im missing the gym so fu**ing much, i guess its not all about what you know in life its who you know, shame im a miserable bastard and stick to myself certainly when working out.

so has there been no lockdowns in dubai? Not sure you aloud to travel on holiday but if you are does it cost much?:lol:

1 minute ago, Fors331 said:

You are lucky as hell! Im missing the gym so fu**ing much, i guess its not all about what you know in life its who you know, shame im a miserable bastard and stick to myself certainly when working out.

so has there been no lockdowns in dubai? Not sure you aloud to travel on holiday but if you are does it cost much?:lol:

We can share a flight out there mate x 

On 05/01/2021 at 11:28 PM, Pez189 said:

That gym in London that did stay open, got fined £67,000.  If I owned a gym, I wouldn’t be risking that just to please a few people who want to train.  This situation is s**t, yep, and I’d love to be able to gym right now but not an option, just got to deal with it. 

Zone! Trained there a lot shame it’s shut!

8 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Pretty much that, my best mates been going to the gym years and the owner didn’t pick him to be allowed in as he keeps to himself, I’ll talk to anyone so when lockdown was being rumoured he pulled me aside and said I could come in along with about 15-20 others.

Dubai have offered to pay anyone’s healthcare if they get sick out there as they wasn’t tourism, so basically one of the few places you can live a normal life right now, have 3 mates that moved there just due to this 3rd lockdown, just sit on the beach with their laptops and go gym as they all “work from home”

15 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Of course it’s costs much, it’s Dubai 

37 minutes ago, Diesel86 said:

Luckily I can train at my mates gym, they are staying open to certain people a few hours each day.

Luckily im one of those people thank f**k!

Yeh! Just think when all of this is over and all us fats cu**s are starting gym again you will be walking round stacked out like i dont know what the fuss was about it was easy! Thats how i felt when i was still using a gym a week into lockdown but that dident last long lol

Sometimes i wish i had mates for situations like this:lol: although mat hancock said he thinks this will be the last lockdown so hopefully i can see this one out SOME HOW!!

2 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Yeh! Just think when all of this is over and all us fats cu**s are starting gym again you will be walking round stacked out like i dont know what the fuss was about it was easy! Thats how i felt when i was still using a gym a week into lockdown but that dident last long lol

Sometimes i wish i had mates for situations like this:lol: although mat hancock said he thinks this will be the last lockdown so hopefully i can see this one out SOME HOW!!

Haha if i didn't have that gym to train in id do my best to make do and just do cardio or lift sand bags :lol:.

I live in Northern Ireland mate we only have 5 weeks left of this lockdown.

Heard there's 2 other gyms over here that are staying open a few hours each day as well.

They are taking a big risk doing it.

2 hours ago, Fors331 said:

You? Walking round stacked out? Hmmmmmmm 

On 08/01/2021 at 7:17 AM, Towel said:

Pretty much that, my best mates been going to the gym years and the owner didn’t pick him to be allowed in as he keeps to himself, I’ll talk to anyone so when lockdown was being rumoured he pulled me aside and said I could come in along with about 15-20 others.

Dubai have offered to pay anyone’s healthcare if they get sick out there as they wasn’t tourism, so basically one of the few places you can live a normal life right now, have 3 mates that moved there just due to this 3rd lockdown, just sit on the beach with their laptops and go gym as they all “work from home”

:lol:

DA2C014B-C07A-41F8-ADF7-27C658BC5114.jpeg

The lockdown is pointless if everyone starts thinking for a reason why they are exempt, Half assed locked downs are useless

You kidding yourself if you think gyms are essential and 'going for fitness' is a excuse to be fair, you're going to lift weight not an intense cardio session . 

People start protesting about lockdows when it affects them personally, it's a s**t show but we all gotta lump it . 

Interesting that in a recent You.Gov survey it was the public most people held responsible for the recent increase in Covid-19 cases. I bet they read this thread before they were asked....

CBA38714-D847-4468-9104-C05E1BAAC949.jpeg

5 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

The lockdown is pointless if everyone starts thinking for a reason why they are exempt, Half assed locked downs are useless

You kidding yourself if you think gyms are essential and 'going for fitness' is a excuse to be fair, you're going to lift weight not an intense cardio session . 

People start protesting about lockdows when it affects them personally, it's a s**t show but we all gotta lump it . 

Look how hard you have tried to justify against what most people think, u haven't a clue what your on about, people who say nonsense like this either dont workout or have accsess to equipment, get a grip.

On 07/01/2021 at 6:28 PM, dtmiscool said:

Absolute bellends, i really hope someone gives them a good kicking.

Shitting all over their fellow man, no one should offer help if they're ever out a job. 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, dtmiscool said:

My local remained open for the regulars until last week. The owner had done the same for all the other lockdowns until he had been forced to close. 

Same happened last week. There were 9 or 10 of us training and a few police just knocked at the door. They had been watching, and had seen a few people walking in. They were sound about it, no fines issued to anyone, they said they didn't necessarily agree with the rules in relation to gyms but had to enforce them nonetheless. He said if he was found to be open to the public again he would be fined. 

Was nice while it lasted.