Sign in to follow this  
Fors331

Never understood why people start a workout wearing a hoody?

Why do people do this? Its so sad, i see someone the other day start his workout wearing a hoody and within about two sets he took it off and had a xxxl brand tshirt on with the diameter of the sleeves being about 200 inches making his arms look like absolute pencils? They do know you where a bigger tshirt if you cant fit into a smaller one right?

3 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Why do people do this? Its so sad, i see someone the other day start his workout wearing a hoody and within about two sets he took it off and had a xxxl brand tshirt on with the diameter of the sleeves being about 200 inches making his arms look like absolute pencils? They do know you where a bigger tshirt if you cant fit into a smaller one right?

Maybe it was cold outside? I would imagine  considering it was ‘the other day’ (even though pure gym shut on 16/12 in London which is where you are) that you saw him it was cold outside. 

Once he was inside and performed a few sets, you think he might’ve warmed up?? 

Keeping the muscles and the joints warm prevents injury.  My wrestling coach used to say'' Most injuries happen in the cold or you have not warmed up properly''.

The cold makes the muscles more stiff and the reduced circulation makes them prone to injury.

31 minutes ago, Mingster said:

It's the ones who wear vests who think they're hard.

You can't beat a home workout in a vest, boxers and barefoot ;) 

35 minutes ago, Mingster said:

It's the ones who wear vests who think they're hard.

The only time I don’t wear a vest for the gym is in the winter. Can’t stand T-shirt’s sticking to me in sweat. I remember one time I couldn’t get a T-shirt of me because of sweat so I just ripped it off 

4 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

I do it naked it’s amazing. Also nude with a hard on whiles training makes you lift more 

I do this,I also slide fractional plates onto my erect cock and do dick lifts,3 x 12-15 does the job I can now jab a hole through plaster board with one thrust.

23 minutes ago, alphafit said:

Keeping the muscles and the joints warm prevents injury.  My wrestling coach used to say'' Most injuries happen in the cold or you have not warmed up properly'' as he entered my sleeping bag during away tournaments.

The cold makes the muscles more stiff and the reduced circulation makes them prone to injury.

fixed mate x

58 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

You been mirin yourself again in that mirror?

1 hour ago, Fors331 said:

Why do people do this? Its so sad, i see someone the other day start his workout wearing a hoody and within about two sets he took it off 

I do this every time I go to the gym until I get warm then I take it off. Not sure why it's sad, do you not wear a coat outside when you're cold and take it off when you get warm?

Weirdly I can’t do this, any change in temperature like this will seize up my muscles so I keep on what I start out wearing despite feeling roasting. As I train in my garage it’s usually with a hoody with the hood and arms almost cut off, and the neck part opened up. 

40 minutes ago, alphafit said:

Keeping the muscles and the joints warm prevents injury.  My wrestling coach used to say'' Most injuries happen in the cold or you have not warmed up properly''.

Don’t train outside during the winter and make sure you warm up properly. 

Gyms are heated. Injuries happen from too much load placed on a muscle/tendon which it cannot handle. Fcuk all to do with it being in the cold. 

As for the cold making muscles ‘stiff’... eh? 

when its 2 degrees outside, people who walk into a gym wearing a vest look idiotic

its winter, dude

a vest or tank top underneath a hoody makes sense, you get warmed up then take it off

takes you twice as long to get warm when you're poncing about in a vest from the get-go :)

HOODY = WARM

WARM = LESS INJURIES

Always wear a hoodie, normally a gym shark too. Then out comes the vest. 

Don't give a siht what people think, got my headphones on anyway so people don't talk to me.

Don't like getting sweaty and unlike most in the gym I actually go there to train. In the garage I keep the hoodie on as its bitter. 

a) They don't wanna see themselves or be seen by others until they have a pump going

b ) You can warmup a lot quicker with a hoodie

Don't get the vest hate here. I usually wear the most revealing ones as long as my nips don't pop out. 

Strangely, I'm able to lift more when it's cold.  Adrenaline maybe?

In a public gym I have to wear a stringer.  In the garage I wear a sweater.