Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

Lockdown 3.0 required Yes or No

3 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

So Labour want it &Government are hinting it could come with less than 24 hrs notice.

Do we need it?

Well it’ll happen regardless of what any of us say so just aswell carry on with your dumbbells at home and forget about it. 

lockdown 1 and 2 didn’t seem to work so not sure this will either but atleast it’ll make it easier to understand then this constantly changing tier system, which clearly isn’t working. 

3 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Well it’ll happen regardless of what any of us say so just aswell carry on with your dumbbells at home and forget about it. 

lockdown 1 and 2 didn’t seem to work so not sure this will either but atleast it’ll make it easier to understand then this constantly changing tier system, which clearly isn’t working. 

Depends what your metrics for success are.

If lockdowns aimed to bring down infections and slow hospital admissions and deaths (from Covid), then they did work.

However, if we hoped lockdowns would eradicate Covid, then the answer is no, they didn't work. 

Lockdowns pretty much just kick the can down the road. They don't fix the issue. And this is all before you consider the side effects of lockdowns (failed health care, education, bankruptcy & administration for businesses, huge national debt etc) - which may actually nullify any benefit in the long term. 

20 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

So Labour want it & Government are hinting it could come with less than 24 hrs notice.

Do we need it?

We're in Tier 4 but you'd hardly know it. If people actually followed the directions properly I reckon the spread would be significantly reduced and further measures probably wouldn't be needed. 

18 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

No. 

You advocate no masks, no shielding, no restrictions, no ventilators, no vaccines. That seems to be a recipe for hundreds of thousands of deaths. 

So what actually would you have done?

1 minute ago, Kazza61 said:

You advocate no masks, no shielding, no restrictions, no ventilators, no vaccines. That seems to be a recipe for hundreds of thousands of deaths. 

*Incoming 8 page thread of conspiracy theories*

14 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Give him a chance to check someone else’s opinion on Facebook.

43 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

TBF there is evidence that the use of ventilators increases risk of death from Covid.

I read a study in a medical journey, showing that when the use of ventilators was substituted with other treatments (anti inflammatory steroids I believe)

The survival rate of Covid patients in ICU increased, and it noted there was no other reason or explanation other than the withdrawal/reduction of ventilator use. 

Masks there is no science for them being of any benefit as stated by the government in May. 

Shielding is worthwhile for the vulnerable groups, if they chose to. But shouldnt be forced.

Social distancing(where practical) is a worthwhile and common sense policy.

The vaccine, it's far too early to draw any conclusions on the benefits of that. 

No of course not. Peoples freedom has been compromised enough these last 10 months.

If you’re vulnerable then stay in your bunker. Everyone else should be allowed to make their own decisions and take their own risks with their lives 

Its sad that people are dying, but let’s be honest, with the current setup, it’s hardly a life is it 

Let the phaggots wear their masks and stay in their bunkers with all their tinned goods  if they wish, and let the people who don’t want to wear them get on with it and try and live a normal life 

I’m sick of the good Samaritans preaching at me when I go out without one. If you’ve got one on, then surely you’re covered if they work anyway, so gtfo outta my face 

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

Depends what your metrics for success are.

If lockdowns aimed to bring down infections and slow hospital admissions and deaths (from Covid), then they did work.

However, if we hoped lockdowns would eradicate Covid, then the answer is no, they didn't work. 

Lockdowns pretty much just kick the can down the road. They don't fix the issue. And this is all before you consider the side effects of lockdowns (failed health care, education, bankruptcy & administration for businesses, huge national debt etc) - which may actually nullify any benefit in the long term. 

Lockdown 2.0 didnt work for the infection rates at all. We only had 2 weeks of freedom before chucked into tier 4 (basically national lockdown rules). 

Why they keep doing something that is in affective over and over is beyond me. They should be taking a different approach to avoid deaths imo. 

I for one can’t keep stopping and starting my life anymore it’s causing me more harm than good. More stress and anxiety than the virus itself. They are failing to see the bigger picture. Bet they’ve all made a mint from it though. 

We should have taken a stricter approach the first lockdown like New Zealand, they’ve pretty much abolished it in there first approach and now are functioning perfectly normal lives again. Our government are all about the to little to late approach. 

I wont be listening to anymore rules. That’s for sure. I have done so for nearly an entire year and I am now fed up with the same approach and BS rules that don’t work. So I’ll just be doing me. 

9 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

TBF there is evidence that the use of ventilators increases risk of death from Covid.

I read a study in a medical journey, showing that when the use of ventilators was substituted with other treatments (anti inflammatory steroids I believe)

The survival rate of Covid patients in ICU increased, and it noted there was no other reason or explanation other than the withdrawal/reduction of ventilator use. 

the problem with that argument Mickey is that ICU doctors, Professors of virology,  best medical minds around the world working either together or independently on what to do with patients suffering from covid have all got it wrong? 

That's quite inconceivable , I put my faith in the medical industry and believe they are experts and know what they are doing. 

I find the same argument about the with the vaccine. The 'medical professionals 'that argue against it as wylde showed in another video where dentists , homeopathy (total BS practice), chiropractors  and regular GPS, They are not experts and far from it  no matter how you cut it .  

We live in a world where people who know diddly squat about a subject matter seem to project themselves as experts. Narcissism at its finest 

When respected  medical professional institutes like the Johns Hopkins University, University of Oxford,  virology research institutions around the world and so on come out against the vaccine I will take note. These people are smart cookies and by nature scientists want to find the correct answer. 

1 hour ago, Lowkii said:

We are already in lockdown, what you talking about... 75% of the country is in tier 4. You can't get anymore locked-down then that.

Could make it 76%... or erm more. Lol. 

1 hour ago, dtmiscool said:

Lockdown 2.0 didnt work for the infection rates at all. We only had 2 weeks of freedom before chucked into tier 4 (basically national lockdown rules). 

Why they keep doing something that is in affective over and over is beyond me. They should be taking a different approach to avoid deaths imo. 

I for one can’t keep stopping and starting my life anymore it’s causing me more harm than good. More stress and anxiety than the virus itself. They are failing to see the bigger picture. Bet they’ve all made a mint from it though. 

We should have taken a stricter approach the first lockdown like New Zealand, they’ve pretty much abolished it in there first approach and now are functioning perfectly normal lives again. Our government are all about the to little to late approach. 

I wont be listening to anymore rules. That’s for sure. I have done so for nearly an entire year and I am now fed up with the same approach and BS rules that don’t work. So I’ll just be doing me. 

According to this, infection rates fell by 30%

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4686

Although I do agree with much of what you said. 

23 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

FB_IMG_1609680323017.jpg

I think we all know it hasn't been fact checked and by now, even you must have some idea what you post is all made up. 

Projected deaths in 2020 expected to be around 3.2 million.