PaulNe

Longest you've blasted for

1 hour ago, PaulNe said:

Yeah mate I'm just over 8 weeks in and I've achieved good results already but I think I'll blast for a bit longer than the 12 I set out to do even though sticking to the 12 weeks is the sensible thing to do 

Got any pics of your progress? 

Probably a 3 month blast that was extended into a 6 month blast circa 3 years ago. Not the smartest decision in retrospect, but youth is a fantastic compensation for lacklustre decisions.

I've been cruising ever since and maintaining what I built less the glycogen supercompensation and water retention that anadrol put on.
Would love to experiment with a long cycle that's actually structured and thought out just to mitigate some of the dimenishing returns/plateaus. Perhaps when I have consistent access to a gym again.

1 minute ago, SuperRips said:

My blasts are usually around 20 - 24 wks 

I keep track with bloods then down to a cruise for the rest of the year 

Interesting mate. I would be looking to do a similar cycle and keeping track of bloods as well. Do you run multiple compounds or just one or 2 ? 

6 hours ago, PaulNe said:

Obviously the average blast is around 12 weeks or thereabouts but out of curiosity what is the longest you've all ran a blast for? 

How on earth would you know????

3 minutes ago, Chicken_Boy said:

we are members of the inner circle of lizard people that Wylde keeps going on about

cant tell you why we are on this earth, but i can reveal that it may or may not be for sinister reasons!

You’re part of the Dark Ghost inner ring piece...deep penetration bum action

2 hours ago, PaulNe said:

I've got no proper before pics but I'll put pics up after cycle. I've got to be careful though as that ketones who follows me about on here might get turned on by them 

I doubt it....can’t wait to see this 20yrs worth of train results!

1 hour ago, PaulNe said:

Interesting mate. I would be looking to do a similar cycle and keeping track of bloods as well. Do you run multiple compounds or just one or 2 ? 

My blast would be test e 400mg with a 6 wk var kick-starter then around wk 12 I add 400mg mast e aswell as uppin my test dose to 600mg then by wk 22 -24 id drop back down to a cruise of 120 - 150mg test. 

Last years blast though I did add in 50/50 of Var/winny for around 10wks and I really enjoyed it with my diet dialed in. 

Ive experimented during the 4yrs of blast and cruise with different ratios and next blast will be 600mg test e with 400mg mast e straight off then around wk 12 drop mast and switch to 10 wks of Var/winny until cruise. 

Its hard not to get carried away along the way but I dont want to abuse too many compounds without knowing what dosages of whichever suit me better. 

6 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

My typical blasts are usually test e 400mg with a 6 wk var kick-starter then around wk 12 I add 400mg mast e aswell as uppin my test dose to 600mg then by wk 22 -24 id drop back down to a cruise of 120 - 150mg test. 

Last years blast though I did add in 50/50 of Var/winny for around 10wks and I really enjoyed it with my diet dialed in. 

Ive experimented during the 4yrs of blast and cruise with different ratios and next blast will be 600mg test e with 400mg mast e straight off then around wk 12 drop mast and switch to 10 wks of Var/winny until cruise. 

Its hard not to get carried away along the way but I dont want to abuse too many compounds without knowing what dosages of whichever suit me better. 

at what week do you notice the Mast E kicking in and giving you that drier, more refined look?

and do you stop the Mast before the Test or can they both be run same amount of time before PCT?

10 - 15 weeks is fine for a first cycle, just don't get caught into "just a week longer, just a week longer" 

It'll only make recovery that much harder and the amount of time you'll be waiting to sensibly consider going back on.

I say this as most are quite eager to get back on cycle, so consider the longer you are on as pushing that date further away. 

That and the considerable diminished returns from staying on.

16 hours ago, Chicken_Boy said:

at what week do you notice the Mast E kicking in and giving you that drier, more refined look?

and do you stop the Mast before the Test or can they both be run same amount of time before PCT?

For me I start to see the effects of mast around 3-4wks from starting it but have to knock  my AI down withing around 2 wks of starting it. 

Love the drier look it gives you and I can definitely tell when it's kicking in. 

I ran the mast up until the end of my blast then dropped down to a cruise. 

I'm keen to see the difference (if any) by starting straight off on the mast on my next blast. 

As for pct......whats that :D

I'm approaching 42 pal, ive got my lads and daughter, no more for me. I've trained since I was around 15 but switched to a more stricter regime in my early 20's. Got to a point where I struggled to maintain a gym routine of 5-6 days a week due to how hectic my business work life  got so instead of trying to keep up which was impossible, I thought I'd slip into a less hectic routine by 'jumping on' and training less but able to fine tune and keep the physique I built naturally. 

21 hours ago, PaulNe said:

12 weeks is the sensible thing to do

This really is the sensible thing to do Bud. Get this one done, recover, then plan your next blast sooner. You’ll also have some personal experience under your belt. 

To answer your question. I’ve blasted for 20 weeks. E2 elevation started to creep in (something that doesn’t affect me on 12 week blasts) and I felt fukin drained by the end of it. Yes I could have eaten and rested more and I know how to manage E2, but seemed a lot of extra work to get a few more lbs. Better to regroup and hit back harder next cycle/blast 

Good luck Bud, be sensible :thumbup1:

8 hours ago, Spieren said:

This really is the sensible thing to do Bud. Get this one done, recover, then plan your next blast sooner. You’ll also have some personal experience under your belt. 

To answer your question. I’ve blasted for 20 weeks. E2 elevation started to creep in (something that doesn’t affect me on 12 week blasts) and I felt fukin drained by the end of it. Yes I could have eaten and rested more and I know how to manage E2, but seemed a lot of extra work to get a few more lbs. Better to regroup and hit back harder next cycle/blast 

Good luck Bud, be sensible :thumbup1:

Dam mate you're supposed to tell me exactly what I want to hear rather than what's in my best interest! ;)

Why is 12 weeks considered the golden standard? I've always came off because of life circumstances or because I ran out of gear. But I was still gaining until the very last injection.

Next cycle I think I want to try an extended cycle like 20 weeks or so.

10 hours ago, feelinfine said:

Why is 12 weeks considered the golden standard? I've always came off because of life circumstances or because I ran out of gear. But I was still gaining until the very last injection.

Next cycle I think I want to try an extended cycle like 20 weeks or so.

It tends to be the 'failsafe' assuming you have all the other variables in place; diet, sleep, well periodized training and recovery. 

Anything less than 10 and it's not really enough time to grow any significant muscle tissue, not just water, excess glycogen and bullshit, actual contractile tissue

Equally when you start creeping over 15 weeks, unless you really have programmed well and can listen to your body, most will find the progress does somewhat start to trail off a bit compared to that week 6 to 12 period.

You'll still be growing if you do it right but at a diminished rate of return.

Overtraining also becomes very easy at this point when you've just made months of unnatural progress in total weight shifted per week, it's a big toll on the cns. 

Lastly you need to consider that most (not all) of the deleterious side effects of AAS become exponentially worse for your long term health the longer you are exposed to them. 

So to summarise 12 weeks is just the best balance in most instances due to the relative ease of management, novel stimulation before cns fatigue begins to set in and negative health marker exposure, you can pin appetite onto that too for a lot of people, especially the heavier lads it will start to dwindle after too many months of overfeeding.