Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chicken_Boy

post your strongman training routine

Recommended Posts

On 19/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, Chicken_Boy said:

those of who you train Strongman, whats your routine look like?

Currently as can only do outside stuff;

Monday - Axel Bar deadlifts 8x3

Tuesday - Log 8x3

Wednesday - York or Farmer walks

Thursday - Axel overhead press

Friday - Stones (if weather is dry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chicken_Boy

I train 3 times a week but I have 4 distinct sessions.

1)

Deadlift (heavy)

Axle power jerk (from rack)

Log clean and push press

Face pulls

 

2)

Front carry

Front Squat

Deadlift (speed, 3 reps 12min  EMOM)

Farmers

Stones

 

3)

Log power clean and power jerk

Log push press (from rack or clean 1st rep)

High pull

Axle power clean/belt clean

Rear delt stuff

Deadlift (medium ish)

 

4) Deadlift (conditioning, 5 reps EMOM 12 mins)

Yoke

Dumbell

Stone one motions

 

It gets tweaked depending on the upcoming comp and/or weaknesses I'm working on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 3:45 PM, Chicken_Boy said:

those of who you train Strongman, whats your routine look like?

At my strongest I was training 4 days a week with 3 week waves…..

  • wk1 3x3 main lift.
  • wk 2 3x5 main lift.
  • wk 5x5 main lift.
  • Rinse and repeat by adding 2.5kg for OHP and 5kg for squats and dead's.
  • de-loaded when we felt we needed it.

Mon - Deadlift (main lift) w/ lower body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Wed - OHP (main lift) w/ upper body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Fri - Squat (main lift) w/ lower body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Sat - Event lifts and carries w/ accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

 

To be honest, you cant go wrong with 5/3/1. Its solid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

At my strongest I was training 4 days a week with 3 week waves…..

  • wk1 3x3 main lift.
  • wk 2 3x5 main lift.
  • wk 5x5 main lift.
  • Rinse and repeat by adding 2.5kg for OHP and 5kg for squats and dead's.
  • de-loaded when we felt we needed it.

Mon - Deadlift (main lift) w/ lower body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Wed - OHP (main lift) w/ upper body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Fri - Squat (main lift) w/ lower body supplement lifts and accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

Sat - Event lifts and carries w/ accessories on what ever needed bringing up, in the hypertrophy rep range.

 

To be honest, you cant go wrong with 5/3/1. Its solid

That sounds increasing, You done any comps pal?

 

Me and my pal are doing what we can outside, we're going with a 8x3, 6x3, 4x3.

On log did 8x3 log at 60kg, week after, 6x3 at 70kg but week after my pal was doing 90kg so I just spent the day just cleaning the 90kg to my shoulders and back down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinny said:

That sounds increasing, You done any comps pal?

Done a couple mate, done alright tbf. Always finished in the top 3rd but never won. I was 23 stone then so was in the opens with the big boys lol.

Im about 15 stone now and managed to maintain the strength. I've promised myself ill do another comp but ill enter under 100kg, under 95kg if I can.

How about you? You done any comps?

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

On log did 8x3 log at 60kg, week after, 6x3 at 70kg but week after my pal was doing 90kg so I just spent the day just cleaning the 90kg to my shoulders and back down.

Nice mate!! As long as you apply the basic principles it'll work, to a degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Endomorph84 said:

Done a couple mate, done alright tbf. Always finished in the top 3rd but never won. I was 23 stone then so was in the opens with the big boys lol.

Im about 15 stone now and managed to maintain the strength. I've promised myself ill do another comp but ill enter under 100kg, under 95kg if I can.

How about you? You done any comps?

Nice mate!! As long as you apply the basic principles it'll work, to a degree.

Ahhh with the big boys haha.

 

No not yet, wanted to do a first timers comp but there's like gold dust.

There's a Under 90kg in King's Lynn I'm thinking about entering in August, It's like 2 hours drive but could be a laugh. Weighing 86kg now so I've got some room to put some muscle on and got some fat I could lose also.

 

Did 70kg stone to shoulder yesterday,  managed to do it for 5 in 60 seconds, only got 6 but grabbed it too far forward and rolled out my hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Ahhh with the big boys haha.

 

No not yet, wanted to do a first timers comp but there's like gold dust.

There's a Under 90kg in King's Lynn I'm thinking about entering in August, It's like 2 hours drive but could be a laugh. Weighing 86kg now so I've got some room to put some muscle on and got some fat I could lose also.

 

Did 70kg stone to shoulder yesterday,  managed to do it for 5 in 60 seconds, only got 6 but grabbed it too far forward and rolled out my hands.

Nice mate, keep at it.

2 hours seems quite far, there's a Facebook group that lists all comps. I'll have a look for tonight and post the link.

Maybe you could find something closer to home, you'll enjoy it regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vinny said:

That sounds increasing, You done any comps pal?

 

Me and my pal are doing what we can outside, we're going with a 8x3, 6x3, 4x3.

On log did 8x3 log at 60kg, week after, 6x3 at 70kg but week after my pal was doing 90kg so I just spent the day just cleaning the 90kg to my shoulders and back down.

Log is a very technical lift. Don't necessarily be in a rush to increase the weight.  Lots to be gained repping lighter stuff to get the technical gains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Cleanandpressed. Com  I think

There's a few first Timers coming up later this year

Seen that pal but alot of them full already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×