Sign in to follow this  
Philfg

Buying on Alibaba

I got my rubber mats for the garage from a local lad. Hes been buying loads of stuff from china off this site. 

I'm having a bit look and found a dumbell rack and weights. 

Who's used it and any tips?

Do you need to add shipping to prices advertised?

Is there taxes to pay?

10 minutes ago, Philfg said:

I got my rubber mats for the garage from a local lad. Hes been buying loads of stuff from china off this site. 

Is there taxes to pay?

I bought bumper plates off someone on here. When I picked them up, he pretty much had half a garage full. I’m guessing he imported them. 
You’d need to pay import taxes unless they’re already in the EU. 

2 minutes ago, mrwright said:

Dunno but I've seen adjustable dumbells for £30 a pair up to 25kg 

I've been looking at them to. Loads of people selling in the uk along with hex. They've all took the intuitive and bought from china. 

1 minute ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I bought bumper plates off someone on here. When I picked them up, he pretty much had half a garage full. I’m guessing he imported them. 
You’d need to pay import taxes unless they’re already in the EU. 

That what I thought, no idea how much and how it works.

I've messaged the lad i got my mats off to pick his brains too.

Think there is lots of bad sellers and quality can be sketchy from what he told me.

1 minute ago, Philfg said:

That what I thought, no idea how much and how it works.

I've messaged the lad i got my mats off to pick his brains too.

Think there is lots of bad sellers and quality can be sketchy from what he told me.

Yeah I’d imagine for every decent buy, you’ll probably make a few bad ones. 

2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Kg or lb? 
Are they simply painted metal with welded on handles? 
it’s not easy to see the quality. Shipping can’t be cheap surely? 

No idea. Most advertised are in kg.

I've messaged the seller.

Thought a few people on here might shed some light.

4 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Think I'm after some sex dolls or something? 

No lol but I am if you can recommend some good ones 

is that item for sale in pic the dumbell rack only or dumbell rack and dumbbells? If both its waaaaayyyyy to good to be true 

1 minute ago, Philfg said:

No idea. Most advertised are in kg.

I've messaged the seller.

Thought a few people on here might shed some light.

Never ever assume. 
First set of dumbells I bought, Ivanko set off eBay, I messaged the seller asking if they were lb or kg and they said kg so I bid accordingly. 
I got there and they were f’kin lb’s!!! The bloke tried telling me they were kg’s but me being a smart c**t took my bathroom scales with me. I told him I’d give him 45% of the winning bid because they’re less than half the weight of what he’d advertised. After some bollox he eventually agreed. Some cu**s out there!!! 

1 minute ago, Simon90 said:

is that item for sale in pic the dumbell rack only or dumbell rack and dumbbells? If both its waaaaayyyyy to good to be true 

Everything is cheap. Like I've said think delivery and taxes are to add.

Look at the price of adjustable dumbells Simon.

1 minute ago, Simon90 said:

Factor in shipping then taxes, it won’t be so cheap, I reckon that they’re in lb judging by the size of the 50’s but what do I know? :cool2:

Just now, BLUE(UK) said:

Factor in shipping then taxes, it won’t be so cheap, I reckon that they’re in lb judging by the size of the 50’s but what do I know? :cool2:

Fair point they look small for 50kg.

Just now, Philfg said:

Fair point they look small for 50kg.

My Ivanko set is something like 5-40lb set. To be honest they’re wasted as I just go from 20lb to 40lb. Rare if I use any of the others. I then have 27.5, 44, 55 in commercial and then up to 70’s in Olympic(I use dumbell hooks so no issue with getting them up). 

1 minute ago, BLUE(UK) said:

My Ivanko set is something like 5-40lb set. To be honest they’re wasted as I just go from 20lb to 40lb. Rare if I use any of the others. I then have 27.5, 44, 55 in commercial and then up to 70’s in Olympic(I use dumbell hooks so no issue with getting them up). 

I'd like some 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40s I don't lift much more than that. Occasionally lifted 50s on bench, but it would be nice to have them that heavy. 

70s, you must be a strong ladB)

2 minutes ago, Philfg said:

I'd like some 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40s I don't lift much more than that. Occasionally lifted 50s on bench, but it would be nice to have them that heavy. 

70s, you must be a strong ladB)

Personally I’d get the 10,15,20,30,40’s and 4 x 2.5 plates which makes up the 5’s between 20,30,40 as the bars will be the right lengths. If possible I’d get the next bar length for 50’s in case you want it. 
You won’t need to be changing the weights all the time and also you’ll not have so many pairs being unused. Trust me, I have more commercial bars to make other DB’s up but they’re just in the way for no reason so I keep them stripped down out the way. 
As for the 70’s, it’s been a while since I have used them having took a break but session before last was using 65’s so could be using them again soon. 

It's alot of stuff straight from the factories generally the ones that make the name brand stuff so quality can be comparable 

From what I've found make sure it's a gold & verified account (they have to pay and be checked) and there older than 2 or 3 years and don't only want dodgy payments 

That should get rid of most of the risk alot have minimum orders of a few hundred kilo 

Maybe a ukm group can team up and order alot of weight plates 

The shipping cost on that will be thousands... the only realistic way to import that amount of weight from China is if you buy a whole container full of it, sent by sea.

16 hours ago, Philfg said:

Is there taxes to pay?

F**k China, f**king bunch of virus passing, dog eating f**cking robbing b""tards -  Buy British!! You know, like Anthony Joshua says, but without the racist "only buy from blacks" sentiment, the f**king racist s**t poncy talentless so called f**king boxer.