Sign in to follow this  
Chicken_Boy

The 27 year old with no testosterone

19 minutes ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Here's a somewhat unusual case of a poor chap who is 27 years old, his body never began producing testosterone, and so he has never reached puberty.

Hate half a story, what happened?

27 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Hate half a story, what happened?

No traces of LH or FSH and testosterone was 5% of what it should be. 

MRI showed issues with pituitary gland (explanation in another video) and due to such low test his growth plates hadn't closed in places hence being so big.

Now been put on daily testosterone gel.

If anyone is interested here is Part 2 and Part 3 of the video.

42 minutes ago, TERBO said:

No traces of LH or FSH and testosterone was 5% of what it should be. 

MRI showed issues with pituitary gland (explanation in another video) and due to such low test his growth plates hadn't closed in places hence being so big.

Now been put on daily testosterone gel.

If anyone is interested here is Part 2 and Part 3 of the video.

Poor guy :(. Looked like he Had some pretty serious puffy nips there too, possibly gyno, obviously had a serious hormonal imbalance for a long time.  Videos over 3 years old... Wonder if he got on with the gels or moved onto injectables or what. Bet he looks abit different now. 

12 hours ago, Chicken_Boy said:

Here's a somewhat unusual case of a poor chap who is 27 years old, his body never began producing testosterone, and so he has never reached puberty.

Bit random, but just thought I'd share.

This is s**t!!

Should make most stop and think how lucky they are

I moan daily about gyms closing and the effect coronavirus has had on my business etc

And while it's our god given right to complain about our own situations...seeing things like this should just help put it all into perspective a bit 

16 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Poor guy :(. Looked like he Had some pretty serious puffy nips there too, possibly gyno, obviously had a serious hormonal imbalance for a long time.  Videos over 3 years old... Wonder if he got on with the gels or moved onto injectables or what. Bet he looks abit different now. 

Yeah bound to have gyno as been running on mainly estrogen for so long.

Had a quick browse for him and at 31 (2018) his life is still shite... he's been on TRT a few times but can't afford the treatment so keeps stopping, he's been denied financial assistance as they don't view the medical issue as serious.  Last thing I read, he was working and running a go fund me page :(.

47 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Had a quick browse for him and at 31 (2018) his life is still shite... he's been on TRT a few times but can't afford the treatment so keeps stopping, he's been denied financial assistance as they don't view the medical issue as serious.  Last thing I read, he was working and running a go fund me page :(.

So sad. Dya have a link? We should do a UKM Xmas whip round. Honestly a pretty sad case that he hasn’t been able to get help with ongoing care. Just Like in this country, a lack of importance and priority in regards to testosterone related issues on mental health. 

3 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

So sad. Dya have a link? We should do a UKM Xmas whip round. Honestly a pretty sad case that he hasn’t been able to get help with ongoing care. Just Like in this country, a lack of importance and priority in regards to testosterone related issues on mental health. 

I feel for the bloke and story is interesting, probably why I bothered to look into this further...

It was 2013 when he was on 'Doctors' as in videos, last mention I could find was this

https://vt.co/lifestyle/health/meet-31-year-old-never-went-puberty/

Bad he can't get sorted due to lack of funds, another pointless waste of a life :angry:

2 hours ago, TERBO said:

Someone just needs to inform him of ugl 

12 minutes ago, PsychedUp said:

Being honest, he should have figured that out by now. There are plenty of American AAS forums with TRT sections.

Agree the bloke's had 7 years lol... I think some people just don't help themselves, either have no awareness of self help or just don't care full stop.

Plenty come on here to ask for advice then ignore it!

Been trying to get a mate of mine to eat properly, drink water and do some exercise for many years. Every health issue that has cropped up I've given him solid advice that he's ignored, he's now on statins, two forms of blood pressure tablets and gets up to to piss nearly every hour at night.

11 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Agree the bloke's had 7 years lol... I think some people just don't help themselves, either have no awareness of self help or just don't care full stop.

Plenty come on here to ask for advice then ignore it!

Been trying to get a mate of mine to eat properly, drink water and do some exercise for many years. Every health issue that has cropped up I've given him solid advice that he's ignored, he's now on statins, two forms of blood pressure tablets and gets up to to piss nearly every hour at night.

Same mate. I’ve Got a good friend who has IBS and digestive issues. Im by no means an expert and don’t claim to be but have certainly helped myself with fairly simple changes and offered good advice to him that I’m 100% sure would improve his quality of life.  Goes in one ear and out the other. 

I’m not sure this 27 year old guy above comes across as that intuitive to investigate things himself. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s very introverted and doesn’t even use the internet much. Some people do need extra help and it laid out infront of them. 

What happened to the doctor that was funding and monitoring him?

Wouldn’t be hard for him to self medicate or why can’t he pay for his own treatment through proper channels, it’s the done thing in the states 

2 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s very introverted and doesn’t even use the internet much. Some people do need extra help and it laid out infront of them. 

Imagine this is probably the case... body of a man, head of a boy.

2 hours ago, C T said:

Wouldn’t be hard for him to self medicate or why can’t he pay for his own treatment through proper channels, it’s the done thing in the states 

Guessing they gave him some free test gel as part of the programme then moved him to injections via prescription, which he couldn't/can't afford due to no employment or low wage.

On 25/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, TERBO said:

Absolutely... test, hcg and some nolva would sort him right out.

It’s not hard work ffs, do his own blood work, adjust it on feelings and that’s him fixed. Maybe having low testosterone you can’t think out the box 

On 11/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, C T said:

I lived in the States for close to a decade. The healthcare costs, even for simple things, are astronomical. I recall one time visiting a doctor about a simple rash on my arm. 

A breakdown of the costs:

$120 monthly  health insurance (mandatory for US citizens)

$25 for doctor's visit

$315 for cream to treat the rash

His prescribed TRT is probably hundreds of dollars a month. And he probably hasn't learned about UGL's, so doesn't know of any other options.

Sad state of affairs.