Sign in to follow this  
Pez189

Gyms allowed to re-open after lockdown

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

Get a solid 28 days of training in before the new year's lockdown :thumbup1:

im hoping this time the government will learn and listening (feckin high hopes) and keep leisure open regardless on any future lockdowns.

people need sports to keep healthy and focused. Plus i think this 2nd lockdown has done a massive amount of mental damage to people.

i spent a few hours with a mate yesterday who suffers from mental health. Been in a bad way these last few weeks. Told me he was tempted to buy and neck a bottle of Rum and jump in his car, do 150 down the motorway and just ram the car into the barriers, finish himself off. He would of as well if it wasnt for his care worker/doc talking him out of it. 

these lockdowns have caused more damage than good.

43 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Get a solid 28 days of training in before the new year's lockdown :thumbup1:

I imagine gyms make a big chunk of revenue in January off the “New Years resolutions” vibes. Owners will be fuming should they have to shut again, can see it happening though. 

10 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

im hoping this time the government will learn and listening (feckin high hopes) and keep leisure open regardless on any future lockdowns.

people need sports to keep healthy and focused. Plus i think this 2nd lockdown has done a massive amount of mental damage to people.

i spent a few hours with a mate yesterday who suffers from mental health. Been in a bad way these last few weeks. Told me he was tempted to buy and neck a bottle of Rum and jump in his car, do 150 down the motorway and just ram the car into the barriers, finish himself off. He would of as well if it wasnt for his care worker/doc talking him out of it. 

You selfish arsehole, these laws are the only thing keeping us all alive.

Just imagine if they weren't here, there would literally be bodies pilling up on the streets and all of my relatives and friends would be dead.

I've not seen my granny in 6 months and none of my family has either. She calls us often crying wondering why no one will see her but we know its all for the greater good as she would drop dead the moment we stepped through the door.  

15 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Just imagine if they weren't here, there would literally be bodies pilling up on the streets and all of my relatives and friends would be dead.

I've not seen my granny in 6 months and none of my family has either. She calls us often crying wondering why no one will see her but we know its all for the greater good as she would drop dead the moment we stepped through the door.  

Calm down buddy no need for insults, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

It is sad that you have not seen your Gran but let's not exaggerate that she would drop dead when you walk through the door, maybe you get a test then if negative you could possibly see her, @Clubber Lang has a very relevant point as the deaths from other causes like cancer, lung disease and suicide have all increased since the first lockdown.....so for those family, the lockdown has done more harm than good.

instead of insulting someone look at their position on lockdown, just because it is not yours does not make it wrong.

On the topic of the post, gyms will remain open in all tiers after this lockdown finishes, rightly so when the infection from gyms is extremely low at 1.8% opposed to supermarkets at 11.6%

2 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

It is sad that you have not seen your Gran but let's not exaggerate that she would drop dead when you walk through the door, maybe you get a test then if negative you could possibly see her, @Clubber Lang has a very relevant point as the deaths from other causes like cancer, lung disease and suicide have all increased since the first lockdown.....so for those family, the lockdown has done more harm than good.

instead of insulting someone look at their position on lockdown, just because it is not yours does not make it wrong.

On the topic of the post, gyms will remain open in all tiers after this lockdown finishes, rightly so when the infection from gyms is extremely low at 1.8% opposed to supermarkets at 11.6%

I think he was taking the piss rather than insulting. Haha

6 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

I'm taking the piss, i plan to see my family and use the gym like anyone else with common sense.

15 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Extremely debatable topic this - which I can never be bothered to get into as it more often then not leads to arguments, and then personal attacks (especially online). 

Many scientists have suggested shielding the elderly and vulnerable, whilst maintaining some form of normality for those less at risk is what should be happening. I’ve yet to see evidence of gyms causing spikes in cases, whereas schools certainly have and yet remain open, so where’s the logic and where do you draw the line? 

Gym is amazing for mental health, so I agree with @Clubber Lang 100% on that.  I don’t think gyms should be shut, but everyone’s circumstances and therefore risks are different.  

I've said it before but il say it again. More people will die or suffer all over the world from mental health and these lockdowns then they will from the virus itself. Not saying it’s right or wrong, just food For thought. 

46 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

it does not read like he is taking the piss....

I know, had I not read his previous posts on the whole Covid situation I’d have thought the same which was why I posted. 
Hope you’re keeping well. 

2 hours ago, drwae said:

I don't think anyone serious about their training will be isolating after a month off the gym tbh.. covid or not.

Then they'd be Selfish pricks not 'serious about training' 

20 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I know, had I not read his previous posts on the whole Covid situation I’d have thought the same which was why I posted. 
Hope you’re keeping well. 

yes, mate, i am doing very well, was back to feeling my old self just before the lockdown :thumbup1:

18 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Personally I hope they open up all the gyms but ban anyone from lifting more than 10kg at a time. We don't need any injuries on top of this whole covid thing.

I'm alright then, my pb is 9kg.

2 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

Suicides are up 200% from the last lockdown and at a 20 year high and that was due to recession which is quite  clearly on the horizon again. 

These lockdowns are awful! for people's mental health.