Arminius

How to avoid getting fat during a cycle

Hi homies recently 2 weeks ago I started a test and equipoise cycle, the compounds in the test is a mix of test propionate, test undecaonoate, and test  cipionate, and the equipoise is boldelone undecilinate, my maintenance calories are 3000 kcal daily, im eating 3500 daily but I dont know if I should increase it, im shredded but I would like to grow keeping my bf and even get more shredded, what weeks should I increase caloric intake ?

I cut out carbs and eat more protein and fat on cycle. Weight climbs slower but I look better in the mirror. In the end what is more important? The number on the scale or how you look in the mirror?

8 minutes ago, feelinfine said:

I cut out carbs and eat more protein and fat on cycle. Weight climbs slower but I look better in the mirror. In the end what is more important? The number on the scale or how you look in the mirror?

You cut out carbs to bulk?

Just now, stuey99 said:

You cut out carbs to bulk?

I like to stay lean year round. I tried the extreme bulking route once and did not like how I looked by the end of the cycle despite gaining lots of size. Carbs on cycle just blows me up and not in a good way.

14 minutes ago, feelinfine said:

I like to stay lean year round. I tried the extreme bulking route once and did not like how I looked by the end of the cycle despite gaining lots of size. Carbs on cycle just blows me up and not in a good way.

I think you'll find cutting out carbs is possibly going a bit far the opposite way from an "extreme bulk" mate

10 hours ago, feelinfine said:

Without carbs on cycle you ain't growing. Not muscle tissue anyway. 

Why would cutting out carbs make you stay lean? Eating the same amount of calories in protein and fats as you would with carbs would cause you to gain the same amount of fat. Assuming you are over your maintenance. Stop spreading nonsense 

Honestly I think people make this rubbish up and convince themselves what they are doing is some secret formula to help build muscle. It’s simple eat slightly above surplus with enough protein to sustain growth and recovery with sleep, water and steroids. Cutting out carbs when bulking is well plain stupid. If anything bulking and on gear you can reduce protein slightly in place for using those kcals from carbs 

OP if your already ‘shredded’ you must know what your talking about by now anyway?

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Honestly I think people make this rubbish up and convince themselves what they are doing is some secret formula to help build muscle. It’s simple eat slightly above surplus with enough protein to sustain growth and recovery with sleep, water and steroids. Cutting out carbs when bulking is well plain stupid. If anything bulking and on gear you can reduce protein slightly in place for using those kcals from carbs 

OP if your already ‘shredded’ you must know what your talking about by now anyway?

Slightly less diplomatic than how I put it lol

But still correct :lol:

Carbs are your energy source why on earth would you cut them out especially on a bulk? Too many excess calories make you fat not carbs. Can't believe you're on a cycle when you don't know basic nutrition 

Just now, PaulNe said:

Carbs are your energy source why on earth would you cut them out especially on a bulk? Too many excess calories make you fat not carbs. Can't believe you're on a cycle when you don't know basic nutrition 

Not just that. Muscles are full of glycogen. That comes from carbs I'm sure? 

@Bensif mentioned it in another thread a few weeks back when someone mentioned keto when bulking. 

3 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

@Bensif mentioned it in another thread a few weeks back when someone mentioned keto when bulking. 

Exactly mate. I've always had moderate carbs even when cutting. Keto is just bollocks to me although some people apparently get appetite suppression benefits from it when cutting but to use it for bulking is ridiculous lol

7 minutes ago, PaulNe said:

Exactly mate. I've always had moderate carbs even when cutting. Keto is just bollocks to me although some people apparently get appetite suppression benefits from it when cutting but to use it for bulking is ridiculous lol

I've used it before when dieting but it doesn't help any more than any other diet, does it. Just another way of lowering calories but with 2 weeks of bad headaches! 

"Shredded" is quite a claim.

I'm willing to bet that in this instance,  "shredded" means:

vague outline of abs if standing at the appropriate angle in the excellent downlight of the bathroom mirror.

5 minutes ago, gwswag said:

"Shredded" is quite a claim.

I'm willing to bet that in this instance,  "shredded" means:

vague outline of abs if standing at the appropriate angle in the excellent downlight of the bathroom mirror.

Well he doesn't mean shredded wheat there's too many carbs in that for him

3 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

Exactly - this is why you feel and look ‘flat’ when on a low carb diet.  Not only do you need carbs to grow they also make you look much fuller.

3 hours ago, PaulNe said:

I’m dieting at the moment and still eating 250g-300g carbs per day.